Bellazon

Incredibly Important

AnaBBarrosFan

Don't understand why they left out abortion. And I don't understand why PP is a target for these religious fanatics either. They provide services that low income women need. What the hell is wrong with that?

It's just like Republicans wanting to re-define rape. Makes absolutely no sense. It seems to me a lot of these men want to start taking certain rights away from women. History does repeat itself sometimes and the women that support this bullshit obviously have a difficult time thinking for themselves.

Of course I did. And I passed it to some friends also. Anything to help with women's rights! I'm interested to see how Mary Fallin, Oklahoma's governor feels about this. This is one of the poorest states in the country and these women need all the help they can get.

Well BEING a rep. myself, THIS ONE ISSSUE has always PISSED ME OFF, I DONT WANT SOMEONE THAT HAS A FUCKING DICK TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN & CANT DO WITH MY BODY, ONCE MEN START HAVING KIDS, THEN MAYBE they'll have a say, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I"M SIGNING THIS IN SUPPORT OF ALL WOMEN :wave: . Pisses me off that right wing dick fucks, PREACH about DONT have an Abortion, BUT YET , they bomb clinics sometimes KILLING PEOPLE, PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH DICK HEADS, Sorry Ana, this is one thing about the right wing that eats me UP, GO GIRL POWER

I completely agree. In fact, I'm actually Pro-Life myself and while I do believe abortion is wrong... I think a woman should have the choice. But more so than that, PP does SO MUCH good for women and most of their services are family planning. They are NOT just an abortion clinic (they don't use Gov. funding on that, I repeat!). So no matter what your stance is on abortion (Pro-Life or Pro-Choice) you can't cut funding to something that is helping women in so many ways. There are countless women who have been able to get cancer screenings that wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise, and have been saved by this service.

I used to be a proud Republican actually, but it's really hit me how anti-woman this party is. In fact, it's anti-everyone who isn't a rich white man.

21bneo5jpg.png

Funny how it's usually rich white men that make decisions regarding women's issues. And yes, Republicans seem to be anti-independent woman. That's why their wives are weak and can't think for themselves. And that's why most of them hate Hilary Clinton.

not true, im one as is my mother, and all the women in my family, we're ALL indepent & strong minded. I have nothing against hilary at all, i may not agree with her, but I'm open minded enough to LISTEN, and to say ALL women that are with rep men are weak and cant think for themselves is close minded, hell Since I'm one, ive more than ONCE put the smack down on my hubby. I think both parties are to busy hating each other, to come together and WORK for the greater good the American PEOPLE, But again THIS IS ABOUT SUPPORTING CERTIAN WOMENS RIGHTS, NOT ABOUT THE PARTIES IN GEN

Our countries inability to reach bi-partisanship agreement has been, and is, the death of our political system. Party lines have become more important than the issues themselves.

But more to the point: Not wanting abortions is not the same as not wanting women to have the services needed to have sound family planning and medical services at a more manageable price.

Apparently, most conservatives think they are one and the same.

sadly yes, but im not a closed minded weak female, simply following after my hubby, i have a mind of my own, and i see my parties HUGE issues, im not blind, probably why im swinging toward being an indepent that either demo or rep

Well the thing about it is, most conservative/rep. women are indeed strong who have no problem expressing their opinions and views... but their views usually stem from a very misogynistic mindset, which off-sets any female strength their words might have to begin with. Now, this isn't ALL women obviously. I have conservative ideals, but my reasoning never deviates from my personal thoughts on issue; I refuse to agree with a conservative male simply because he's a conservative male. You'd be surprised how many women actually DO do that.

Our countries inability to reach bi-partisanship agreement has been, and is, the death of our political system. Party lines have become more important than the issues themselves.

Very true Ana. Seems that they vote against each other not because of the issues but because they are on different political sides

mmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure, i dont simply say things to say things, i speak from experience of a sort, I dont want the rights, the rights of my daughter, or the rights of the female race taken away but a MAN OR a WOMAN. Im a religous person as well, but Im lucky my faith doesnt preach against Abortion, because it IS a necessity, as is BC. But i do agree, media does portray both parties, well in a bad light, Reps for being closed minded pricks, and Demo well for being to lib, but i think if we all just listened to each other instead of seeing whos dick is bigger, things could get done.

not true, im one as is my mother, and all the women in my family, we're ALL indepent & strong minded. I have nothing against hilary at all, i may not agree with her, but I'm open minded enough to LISTEN, and to say ALL women that are with rep men are weak and cant think for themselves is close minded, hell Since I'm one, ive more than ONCE put the smack down on my hubby. I think both parties are to busy hating each other, to come together and WORK for the greater good the American PEOPLE, But again THIS IS ABOUT SUPPORTING CERTIAN WOMENS RIGHTS, NOT ABOUT THE PARTIES IN GEN

Many women that I have encountered who are Republican are very close minded and do exactly what their husbands say. But then you are in Florida and I'm in Oklahoma and this state is probably more conservative with more religious fanatics then what you have in Florida.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure, i dont simply say things to say things, i speak from experience of a sort, I dont want the rights, the rights of my daughter, or the rights of the female race taken away but a MAN OR a WOMAN. Im a religous person as well, but Im lucky my faith doesnt preach against Abortion, because it IS a necessity, as is BC. But i do agree, media does portray both parties, well in a bad light, Reps for being closed minded pricks, and Demo well for being to lib, but i think if we all just listened to each other instead of seeing whos dick is bigger, things could get done.

I understand that, but that's why I said that while it's not all conservative women, a great percentage of them heed the whole 'man is the leader, woman follows/supports and bears children'. Actually, that's the pretty much the entire STANCE of the conservative way of thinking.

Conservative does not automatically denote Republican, LMS, remember that. You may be a Republican, but you can be a moderate, and not be blinded by the whole conservative fervor.

im TENN born and thats in the bible belt, and MOST women are VERY strong & out spoken about those views, BUT again im not from your state, SOOOOOOO i cant say.

Just because you're outspoken doesn't mean you are being a strong woman. If you allow what men want from you to affect your choices, then you might as well stay quiet and not say a word. That's the point. Having a strong opinion because it's yours is being 'strong'. Arguing your point, but believing in it solely because your party does, is not.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww politics gotta love them lollllllllllllllllll, thanks for the very dipolmatic stance Ana, :laugh:

:hug: I try to be. I never want to offend or put down others.

(I'm not implying anybody here does, mind you. We've all been very mature and level-headed in this discussion and I'm so happy to see it.)