Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what really happened to Marisa when she left Victoria's Secret? She couldn't have actually thought that Harley Davidson would be a better career move than being one of the Angels unless she was absolutely sick of Victoria's Secret. Maybe she thought she would get pregnant quicker or that her movie career would take off? I also read a comment from tFS that said her husband became her manager and things went south due to that...

^ I think your framing of these things as apparent failures shows you're giving too much credit to people on tFS who want Marisa to look bad. I'm sure if you asked Marisa she would tell you she's perfectly happy with the way things have gone. Specifically as for VS, she walked the show several times, did a few commercials, got the Fantasy Bra... she'd been modeling for them for nearly a decade. What else was there to do than be another VS hanger-on (during a time when being an Angel gets less prestigious by the day)? :idk:

I think she left VS because she felt like 'been there, done that. BYE'. After that she only took big jobs but other than that she did retire and she's (I think) now focused on her family and I guess she'll start acting more depending on how her first movie goes.

I miss seeing her work because I love her, however I'm happy she didn't pull an Adriana/Alessandra and stay with the brand to do the same stuff year after year. The same goes for SI, she got the cover and left because she had done it enough times

Whoever said she left VS and SI because she wanted to? Couldn't it be possible that they didn't value working with her like they once did? If we're honest, her career was taking a nosedive and she stated looking harsh in the face. I think some of us forget that modeling is a real job and not just wearing clothes for fun. It's not like she's Gisele who left VS but had so many other things lined up.

I guess the way she set up the change was confusing. She was like "Now I get to do projects that I wasn't able to do before!" and sure honoring the troops with Harley-Davidson probably was special to her but what about after that. Captain Morgan? My theory is that she wanted to move on to become a host / commentator for the NFL but from what I see she isn't doing that anymore.

Yeah, it's good to move on from long-lasting modelling jobs but I think that something like VS is what Marisa needed. She had the guys eating from the palm of the hand but I feel like she needed more help when it came to getting females on her side. And getting the females on your side is essential to having a long career.

Whoever said she left VS and SI because she wanted to? Couldn't it be possible that they didn't value working with her like they once did? If we're honest, her career was taking a nosedive and she stated looking harsh in the face. I think some of us forget that modeling is a real job and not just wearing clothes for fun. It's not like she's Gisele who left VS but had so many other things lined up.

I doubt VS fired Marisa, let's just state the obvious: She was the only good spokesperson the brand had and also the only american spokesperson. After Marisa (and Heidi) left VS went bananas trying to replace them with a few other good spokesperson and basically everyone and their moms got contracts. I don't think executives over VS said "You know, I think it's time to fire our best spokesperson who by the way is the most relevant model we have right now". And to date they still haven't found a model that is half as good as Marisa was selling.

I think Marisa decided that 3 years as an Angel + 10 years working with the company before that was more than enough. She got everything she could out of the brand and left. She never worked again with VS after leaving like most of former Angels do, so I think it says that she was over it and completely moved on :idk:

^^Ah, a Russian alias with an American accent.

I think Marisa decided that 3 years as an Angel + 10 years working with the company before that was more than enough. She got everything she could out of the brand and left. She never worked again with VS after leaving like most of former Angels do, so I think it says that she was over it and completely moved on :idk:

With all that said, I always wondered why she still gets referred to as a VS model instead of a "former" VS model. I noticed that after she bailed, every public event and TV appearance she did still kept announcing her as a "VS model" as if she were still with them. For example, when Spikey did the MLB All-Star game in 2011, the announcers only referred to her as "Victoria's Secret model Marisa Miller". And I was like, "Ummm, she ain't with them no more".

Maybe it's an oversight, but unless she gets called a "VS model", do they think people won't know who she is? Like it isn't enough to just call her "supermodel Marisa Miller" instead?

They still talk about Gisele as a VS model and Selita, Izabel and actually any model who ever works with the company always gets that. Bar Refaeli worked with VS like two times and she's always introduced as 'VS model Bar Refaeli' and I don't think she's the one asking for that.

I think they name VS because it's a brand that basically everyone knows :idk: