Bellazon

Anna Maria Jagodzinska
Thumbnail

Christopher

I saw a new issue of Gala today, and I was so surprised, cause I saw on this cover it said something about Ania....

Anyone willing to tell me more about it? Is it just an article, or an interview? New facts, or something we already know?

Thanks in advance :flower:

^ :woot: ahhhh :wub:

Duncan didn't have a choice wheter he wanted to pose to US Vogue or not, that's funny :laugh: They're not thinking about future, but they're talking about buying a dog.... how sweet :D

And that backstage pics and a personal candid are new to me.

Now I think I want to buy this GALA, even if this not so long interview :ninja:

Anna Jagodzińska in the Fashion Bible.

Her dream came true. Ania is the first Pole on the cover of American Vogue. She told “Gala” about this special Steven Meisel’s photo shoot .

You’re the first Pole in the history on the US Vogue cover. Other models are surely jelous?

Anna Jagodzińska: I don’t think so. I think they have a lot other achievements to be proud of.

But Anja Rubik and Magdalena Frąckowiak haven’s reached this far.

We are not rivals. We don’t fight for the same contracts, because we have slightly different aims. We meet at lot during fashion weeks and we always have some friendly chat.

How did it happen that we see your face on the Vogue cover?

My agent called me and said that Steven Meisel was going to do something major for Anna Wintour. I thought it’s probably the cover. But I didn’t tell anybody about it. Later everything happened so fast. I went to the casting … and they liked me. Why me? I think that Steven is responsible for that. We like each other very much. We worked together a lot before, e.g. for Gianfranco Ferré campaign. Steven is amazing. During the photo shoot he always plays great music and makes every model feel really beautiful.

What are your memories from this Vogue photo shoot?

I remember, I was totally excited. Nine models took part in the photo session e.g. Natalia Vodianova, whom I like and admire. She’s a nice and normal girl. She talked to everybody about her children. Because of her stories, we forgot about the stress.

Why were you nervous?

We were afraid that Anna Wintour would not like the photos. It happened before that she dismissed the whole cover story because it wasn’t good enough. Till the end I wasn’t sure the photos would be accepted.

But everything went great.

Luckily yes

Have you met Anna Wintour?

Yes, I’ve met her couple of times for my previous Vogue photo shoots.

Was she cold and unpleasant?

No, on the contrary she was pragmatic and poised.

Your boyfriend also took part for an ed inside the magazine. Did he agree without any problem?

He did have no choice.

How did you met each other?

During a party. We’re together for more than 2 years now. Duncan is 25 and he studies economic in New York. My parents like him very much. Last year he came to Poland for Christmas.

Both of you are very busy. I guess it’s hard to spend a lot of time together.

We live together, so we see each other every evening. We rent an apartment in Manhattan on Upper West Side. Besides I don’t work everyday, sometimes I have couple of days off during a week, so I can go out with Duncan for a dinner or to an exhibition. When the weather is fine we go biking.

Do you have your favorite place in NY?

There are few. There’s a cinema called Lincoln Cinema Center near our home, where you can see independent films. We go there quite often. We also like good food. We are regular clients in Bonobo’s restaurant where organic food is served.

Are you on diet?

I just try do eat healthy and be fit. I often go to a gym nearby.

Do you and Duncan have plans for the future?

No, we don’t think about us in 5, 10 years, yet. But we’re thinking about buying a dog.

How do you spend your money?

I’m not extravagant. I don’t buy bags for thousands of dollars. It’s nonsense. I like to wear simple clothes. T-shirt, leather and nice jeans – this is my style. Of course I have some very expensive clothes from my favorite Karl Lagerfeld and Balenciaga. But mostly these are gifts from the designers. I also have some very interesting ideas how to invest my money. But I don’t want to give it away, yet.

What a beautie :wub: Too bad she hasn't scored Dolce campaign :(

She didn't?!?! How do you know?

OMG, if that's true, it's terrible then! She opened both Dolce and D&G, she should have gotten something!! Just like Lily D. opening 2 of these brands some time ago and then she got the campaign.

There are Toni and Ymre, not Anna :flower:

Gosh Olga, you were faster in answering, again :|

I can't wait to buy this Vogue US May issue. Last time I was in Empik, they still had April's with Beyonce on the cover....

I can't wait to buy this Vogue US May issue. Last time I was in Empik, they still had April's with Beyonce on the cover....

Actually I've seen US Vogue May in Empik in Wola Park today. :)

Some news!!!
When we first saw these emotive new polaroids of Storm / Women / Nathalie powerhouse Jourdan Dunn, our minds immediately snapped back to last year, when she took part in two of the most significant moments in the industry: as a cover model of Vogue Italia

Actually I've seen US Vogue May in Empik in Wola Park today. :)

Really??

Well, I feel like I need to do shopping, and I like Wola Park, so :shifty: :laugh: haha next time I go to Empik I'll take money to buy this Vogue :flower: but not tommorow, cause I have to learn and then we have a Night of Museums :rofl:

Ok, ON TOPIC now:

I :heart: Anna, she makes me proud of being Polish... And I'm proud of her she made it so far.... Haha

Still, Dolce news are strange, and it really sucks that supermodels.nl don't publish campaign news anymore :pinch:

I'm going to Night of Museums too :rofl:

But I've also read in anna's thread @ tfs that s[she shot some blue chip campaign/b], but I'm still disappointed about Dolce

Well, Anna has such a position in modelling world now, that she doesn't have to be afraid of not getting new jobs.

Still... I don't know, why would Domenico and Stefano make Anna the first face of both shows if they won't have her in a campaign later?? :idk:

But maybe, she's just about to do something bigger :shifty: Like Dolce parfums or cosmetics ads.

We'll see. For now, we still don't have her Stella ad :clobber:

Anyway, what surprised me in Ania's interview in Gala, is that she said she doesn't think Magda and Anja envy her, that they all have different possibilities and priorities in modelling!?!?! :blink: I kind of don't believe it, at least from Anja's side, who openly said she's dreaming about gracing a cover of US Vogue.

And I remember those times, around 2005/2006 seasons, when Ania was bigger than Anja, then Ania disappeared for some time and Anja became more known, and now, Ania is back in the game and has more jobs than Anja again. What I mean is maybe Anja's not really a mean girl, but I don't believe she and Jagodzinska are like friends and that secretly she doesn't envy her. If that makes any sense :|