Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

I'm not sure if anyone reads these, but here are a couple of translations of recent German interviews.

Gala, 20 December 2011

http://www.gala.de/stars/interview/168101/...-verpassen.html

Heidi Klum: "I do not want to miss anything"

It works. Always! Heidi Klum is involved in her family, her job, and the fight against heart disease in women. She spoke with Gala about her desire for action and how she avoids stress.

Watch out - so much good humor is contagious: in an interview in Santa Monica, Heidi Klum looks radiant, energetic and incredibly happy. Here in California, temperatures tend to be different than in Bergisch Gladbach, but even the deepest winter does not harm the 38-year-old. She loves skiing and a traditional Christmas - preferably in the snow.

In addition to her family of six, Heidi as an advertising icon and TV presenter is now heard of like never before, preparing in full swing the seventh season of "Germany's Next Top Model", jetting back and forth between Los Angeles and her native Germany. Is she stressed out because of it? Not a bit. With her zest for life, she is the ideal abassador for the "Listen To Your Heart" initiative from the German Society for Gender-Specific Medicine, which is co-sponsored by Coca-Cola Light. Through her commitment, Heidi wants to raise awareness of heart health in women and encourage a healthy lifestyle. And whether she still has a weakness for Christmas dinner and gingerbread?

Why did you become involved with "Listen To Your Heart"?

I think it is important to help people and make them aware of this issue. Heart disease is the number one killer for women. I was shocked about this as I've always assumed that cancer calls for the most victims.

A Healthy lifestyle requires discipline. Do you have it?

Actually, I am very consistent. It is already part of my job: I have to fit into a certain dress size, have good skin and nails. Because of this, I simply eat healthier than some of my girlfriends.

Do you know any special tricks to stay healthy?

You simply have to lead a balanced life. I do not go to the gym every day and I don't eat only salad, fish and vegetables every day. There are days when I eat super greasy stuff because I feel like it. But I do not do that every day either. Then it goes to the hearth, cholesterol levels - and the hips!

Your job is already a kind of sport, right?

Sometimes, a tryout is already like training. When a style is rotated every three months, I have to spend a whole day trying on at least 40 different pairs of pants, taking them on and off. Recently I did a shoot on a trampoline and, two days ago, I spent the whole day pole dancing. I'm not on a job where I sit at a desk all day, but rather romp about pretty much the whole time.

That means that you don't have to do any more sport on your days off!

But, when I am home with my family I am very active. Whether I play catch with the kids, jump in the pool or take our dogs Max and Freddy for a walk up and down the hill, there is always movement in it. That's the way it is in my family. When my mother is visiting, she is always active. Whether she is knitting, rearranging the cabinets or moving the furniture around, she never sits still.

Do your parents spend much time with you in Los Angeles?

A lot. Many people roll their eyes when announcing to their parents, "Oh, I will see you again at Christmas!" But I think that is sad. For me, it is something special that I want to pass on to my children.

Are you careful about how your family eats?

We have a game that we often play with dinner. What food is good for you, and what is not? My children know that whole grain bread is better than white bread and a tomato is healthier than ketchup.

And then they don't want pizza?

Well, they already want that. But you can have one with a whole wheat crust instead of a white bread crust. They also eat ice cream, chocolate and all sorts of other goodies - but only if they have previously eaten something healthy. My son Johan is very particular about his food. When he doesn't like his vegetables, I tell him exactly why he needs to eat them anyway.

What is meal-time typically like in the Klum-Samuel family?

At half past five, we are all sitting together at the table, as we have always done in our home. We do not hang out in front of the TV, shoveling up what was quickly done up in the microwave. That is not at all with us. I am still very German in that way.

Stress is a common trigger for heart disease. And you seem to do a good job repelling it.

I am a very optimistic person and I'm never really in a bad mood. I do not like to complain or run around screaming. I try to settle things with calm. Stress and being hectic fuel heart disease.

How do you bring together work, family and so many other things under one roof?

I think, as women and mothers, we all have our challenges. Especially if you have four children. I think it all goes quite well under one roof. Otherwise, I would not have expanded our family. Many stop after the first child because they see how stressful it is. For us it was different: we wanted to have every one of those children!

So you don't have any everyday problems?

In the first place, I really don't break my head open. It is just how it is: I work and have a family. Every day is different. Sometimes, it is an event at school or a child's birthday on the weekend. It is difficult sometimes, for sure, but I love it, and would not want it any other way.

Were you always so relaxed?

Maybe it is due to my background. I come from Rhineland, where people are always easy going. There are people who have to think about everything until they break their head. It is easy for someone to get in the way of themselves. Heart health is not just about diet and excercise, but also having fun in your life. That includes my job.

What is your favorite way to spend your free time?

I personally have no need for any "me time". I've never really done that. I do not have to spend six days at a beauty farm getting greased up. I am more of an action type: I prefer to do whatever the kids want rather than spending the whole day in bed. I don't want to miss anything.

What values do you want to pass on to your children?

Middle-class values are very important to me. Be there for each other, take your time. I'm a total family-person. That also means that my parents know their role as grandparents. This is happening less and less these days. I was often spending time with my grandmother. Now Leni is taking up knitting, which my mother taught her. That is very beautiful.

How will you celebrate Christmas?

Very traditional: we dress very chic, pack gifts under the Christmas tree and eat together. We travel for Christmas and prefer being in the snow. The kids love it!

And here is my translation of an article on the website for German Shape (January 2012):

http://www.shape.de/beauty/pflege-und-make...exy-duften.html

"I want a warm and sexy scent"

The smell of success: TV star, model mother and designer Heidi Klum recently presented her favorite frangrance "Shine" in New York.

Landing at 6 o'clock in the morning, immediately in the mask followed by a press conference for her new fragrance, taking pictures in place of lunch and, after all of this, she has not tired. A radiant Heidi Klum waits for us in the penthouse suite of New York's Mondrian hotel for an interview.

SHAPE: You indeed have the Rheinish cheerful nature - but how do you do it that after such a day you still have a good mood?

Heidi Klum: Of course I have my ups and downs, but if I get an "everything sucks now" feeling, I try to remember how good things are. I love my job in which I travel around the world and earn lots of money. I have a wonderful husband and four wonderful children. I know how fortunate I am in life.

What inspired your perfume, "Shine"?

As a model, I can pose in front of the camera - you name it: hard, flirty, sporty, whatever. But, in my private life, my favorite is to be sexy and feminine. I wanted to create a fragrance that underlines my femininity so I can smell sensual day and night.

Is your daily style also sexy?

Yes. I am glad to be woman. I like the fact that my husband is tall and strong and "the man of the house". It may sound old fashioned, but although I can be bossy and lead a successful business, I like to be the number two in the family. If we go to "his" events like the Grammys, I love to just be his "arm candy".

How did the work go with the perfumers?

There are so many different directions you can go! I wanted to have a sexy smell with a little musk. Sweet, vanilla scents are big sellers, but I don't like them. Freshness is nice, but I know I am clean when I get out of the shower, so I don't need a clean smell. I want to smell hot and sexy! And since, I don't really do anything that I don't like, they let me do what I wanted. (laughs)

What perfumes do you connect with positive memories?

"Poison" and "Opium". They are what my mother has always worn.

You look great. Would you tell us your fitness secret?

You have to make the decision! I like hamburgers, but I can only eat them rarely if I want to stay thin. I just completed my "Summer Run" - six weeks of running and training. It was difficult, but my body has tightenend up great!

Sexiness a la Klum

"Shine" smells of oriental flowers, lily of the valley and musk. From Heidi Klum. 30 mL eau de toilette, 25 Euros

AWWW thats so sad! I could never picture them divorcing! They had a long run though :/

Some really sad news: Heidi Klum is filing from divorce from Seal, her husband of 7 years, TMZ reports.

Klum will reportedly file in Los Angeles next week, citing "irreconcilable differences."

Klum, 38, and Seal, 48, married on May 10, 2005 on a beach in Mexico. They have three biological children together, in addition to Heidi's daughter Leni from a previous relationship.

The stylish couple was widely known for their lavish Halloween parties (and equally outlandish couple costumes). They also renewed their vows every year in elaborate ceremonies.

Heidi famously said she fell for Seal after checking out his, uh, merchandise in a pair of bicycle shorts. She legally changed her last name to Seal's, becoming Heidi Samuel, in 2010.

Klum's first marriage to stylist Ric Pipino ended in divorce in 2002.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/21/h...kusaolp00000008