Bellazon

What pets do women appreciate men owning?

mbinebri

What pets do women appreciate men owning?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What pets do women appreciate men owning?

• Normal or large dog
    • Small/"toy" dog
    • Cat
    • Bird (parrot, macaw, etc.)
    • Small mammal (ferret, rabbit, etc.)
    • Snake
    • Turtle
    • Frog
    • Fish

Let's say you were on a date with a guy and the topic of pets came up. What household pet(s) would you find acceptable for a man to have? My sister and I were just debating this and she says anything other than a normal or large dog is a turn-off. As a cat owner, I obviously objected, but I'm curious about what BZ's ladies think. Poll is multiple choice.

Dogs and cats any size.

I guess having a big dog is more "masculine" and having cats is seen as being more "feminine."

I don't really care, as long as you don't have a snake or crocodiles like that crazy lady in Florida who keeps 3 crocodiles as pets :blink:

Dogs and cats any size.

I guess having a big dog is more "masculine" and having cats is seen as being more "feminine."

I don't really care, as long as you don't have a snake or crocodiles like that crazy lady in Florida who keeps 3 crocodiles as pets :blink:

There are a crap-load of people who own gators here in Fl, and it's certainly not crazy, not to me. If I had the room and resources I'd have one too. I love reptiles and once considered getting a goana or some type of moniter.

As for what pets I like a guy to have: Medium/large dogs and snakes.

For the most part, I can't stand small dog breeds so I honestly don't want to date a guy whose dog weighs four pounds... <_< As for snakes, I love them, so it's cool with me. As for small critters, ferrets and rodents are perfectly acceptable. I don't like fish, but a well kept nice tank is always appreciated for its aesthetic beauty.

I'm glad you said snakes! I used to have a bunch of reptiles as a kid, and I kind of thought about getting a ball python recently until my friends brainwashed me into believing all women think having a snake makes you a loser. :ermm:

I'm glad you said snakes! I used to have a bunch of reptiles as a kid, and I kind of thought about getting a ball python recently until my friends brainwashed me into believing all women think having a snake makes you a loser. :ermm:

Nah, people who own snakes are not losers, and most women don't consider you to be one if you do. At least from my experience that is.

Ah romance/smut novels. I actually have a favorite one; the only one I've ever liked. (I'm a fan of true literature... but sometimes, you just wanna read about a nice fu-*beeeeeep*) :ninja:

I know very little about literature. I read a great deal about other subjects, though.

Do you encourage (or enforce :actor:) your partner to read literature that you've read or are reading? Is it important to you?

Ah romance/smut novels. I actually have a favorite one; the only one I've ever liked. (I'm a fan of true literature... but sometimes, you just wanna read about a nice fu-*beeeeeep*) :ninja:

I know very little about literature. I read a great deal about other subjects, though.

Do you encourage (or enforce :actor:) your partner to read literature that you've read or are reading? Is it important to you?

My current boyfriend isn't much a reader other than sports related stuff and random pop culture musings, and it does bother me from time to time. I don't make him read what I do, but I like to casually mention he should take the time to pick up certain books. Sadly, he never has. I can't say it disappoints me, but I do find it a little disheartening. Personally, I like being able to talk about certain books and philosophies, and not being able to do so with the person I spend the most time with, is sometimes borderline hurtful. I guess I'm over over-dramatic, but books are one of the things I enjoy most in this world, it's only proper I want to share them, correct?

Let's say you were on a date with a guy and the topic of pets came up. What household pet(s) would you find acceptable for a man to have? My sister and I were just debating this and she says anything other than a normal or large dog is a turn-off. As a cat owner, I obviously objected, but I'm curious about what BZ's ladies think. Poll is multiple choice.

i won't be attracted by a guy because he has a cat or a dog... but if he has animals, i will be interested to see how careful he is with his pets.

i always thought that has animals like cats and dogs in a big city with buildings everywhere was a bit stupid.

animals need nature and freedom. and if they must stay trapped 23 hours per day between 4 walls that's sadist.

and even if i really love pets (i had 4 dogs, 10 cats, fishs, birds, snake) i stopped to adopt them since a while just because of it.

when i am in my apartement in the south of france there is no problem because my apartement is like a "little house" i have a big wood as neighbor and i don't live in a building.

my cat spend the half of his life in the garden/wood. he does everything he wants and think i'm his slave. and when i'm in Paris he stays with my parents

so i think all the animals can be acceptable, it just depends where their owners live and how attentive they are...

anyway, i prefer the large dogs and cats. i don't really like little dogs.

My current boyfriend isn't much a reader other than sports related stuff and random pop culture musings, and it does bother me from time to time. I don't make him read what I do, but I like to casually mention he should take the time to pick up certain books. Sadly, he never has. I can't say it disappoints me, but I do find it a little disheartening. Personally, I like being able to talk about certain books and philosophies, and not being able to do so with the person I spend the most time with, is sometimes borderline hurtful. I guess I'm over over-dramatic, but books are one of the things I enjoy most in this world, it's only proper I want to share them, correct?

I hope it all works out for you and you can find a comfortable place for compromise.

I asked you that because I've run into the same situation myself. I was too stressed, lack the actual hours, and exhausted everyday at the time to read and watch stuff with her. I just couldn't keep up with all that. My ex was passionate about creative writing, TV series, literature in general, and the art of the mystery novel. It was a continual and gradually building source of frustration for her.

I myself read a great deal- probably 60 or more hours a week in and out of the office but all the knowledge and interests I have are outside of literature, creative writing, and TV.

And Sorry for responding so late :blush:

• 11 years later...