Bellazon

2011 SI Swimsuit

Just from reading the FB Travel Blog, looks like it might be a solo this year too. Or there's a solo shot, at least, that's a good chance to be in the running:

Then, on our model’s last afternoon – she was to fly away the next morning, and her chance for this year would have been lost – everything fell into place. The sun came out; we navigated, on a dinghy piloted by a Rastafarian captain, some seriously dinghy-flipping waves to reach an uninhabited strip of sand in the middle of the sea, inhabited only by some palm trees, scrub brush and a little lecherous, snorkeling wildlife. “Cover try,” the crew whispered to each other, as they feverishly went about their tasks. Soon, the model – always a cover contender, she – looked more perfect than even she usually does. The light was a perfect gold. Her hair was perfect – piled high, but more Bridget Bardot than Dynasty, as Saint described it. Her makeup was perfect. The suit she wore – an eye catching red, plucked from the rope system by Baum – was perfect. Her pose was perfect. Longtime Swimsuit issue editor Diane Smith nodded and nodded. Saint clicked away. We’ll have to wait until February, when all is revealed (fine – not only are we not in Saskatoon, we’re not in Ouagadougou, either), to see whether this cover shot, in theory, has become the cover, in practice. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it has.

Sounds like it's a girl who's shot a few times before...

Brad Womack will earn some major points for this one!

bradwolmack2240.jpg

The star of The Bachelor is treating three of his Bachelorettes to a very special date – one they'll always remember – on next week's episode. The women, including Philadelphia dentist Ashley Hebert, will participate in a photo shoot for Sports Illustrated's annual swimsuit issue.

"Finding out that we were going to be in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition was one of the biggest surprises of my life," Hebert, 26, says. "It was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity for all of us. The photographer was so incredibly talented and I'm excited to see his artistic vision come to life in the photos. Watch out, Gisele!"

All creditability lost. GG SI (Y)

SI has always done some questionable cross-promotion when it comes to the SISE, so I'm not that surprised by this whole Bachelorettes thing.

And according to Fox News, Marisa is rooting for Daniela Sarahyba to get the cover. Sounds like a good choice to me. :whistle:

Aww so cute from Marisa, Daniella would be a nice choice, she's been in SI since ever too ... But i think she's not in the issue, she had a baby in October or something like that?

Aww so cute from Marisa, Daniella would be a nice choice, she's been in SI since ever too ... But i think she's not in the issue, she had a baby in October or something like that?

Ya Dani just had a baby not too long ago.

Mind you didn't Heidi Klum do the VSFS right after a baby or smth? :wacko: Wouldn't surprise me but yay Dani :wub:

I've never been a big fan of Julie but she's growing on me, she looks amazing in her video & the picture is good

But Damaris Lewis, just ... Not good at all, i don't get what SI likes about her >.<

She's growing on me too, actually. I used to not like her at all but she's been looking better and better and seems pretty fun in videos and everything.

As for Damaris, she's got a sweet personality and is really social media friendly....but I don't really see it either. She just looks strange to me sometimes.

NY Post made a list of the girls who in their opinion are the front-runners for the cover. They went for the same girls as i did: Anne V, Irina, Julie & then Chrissy & Brookie :laugh:

The claws are out among sexy models Irina Shayk, Anne Vyalitsyna, Julie Henderson, Christine Teigen and Brooklyn Decker -- the front-runners battling tooth-and-nail for the cover of this year's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, one of the most coveted jobs a model can land.

"The girls can get catty over it because everybody wants it. The cover makes you a household name. Any model who wants to make herself a brand knows this is what you need to do," said one fashion insider.

Sources said Russian beauty Shayk, girlfriend of soccer stud Cristiano Ronaldo, and Victoria's Secret model Vyalitsyna -- who models under the name "Anne V" and is dating Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine -- are favorites for this year's cover. Shayk was on the cover of the S.I. swimsuit DVD last year, and Anne V has been featured in the issue for seven years running.

While Shayk was away modeling, Decker, Anne V and Teigen, who's dating John Legend, took the chance to schmooze S.I. bosses by showing up at their Super Bowl bash in Dallas last Friday.

Decker, who's married to Andy Roddick, became a star after landing last year's cover and is in the new movie "Just Go With It," with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. Only a few supermodels, including Kathy Ireland and Christie Brinkley, have landed multiple covers, but sources say Decker has been such a hit that she could be back.

S.I. keeps the cover under lock and key until Monday's announcement. But insiders said editors consider market research on which lady gets the best response from a sample of readers.

"Brooklyn was perfect because she's all-American, gives great interviews and is married to a celebrity sportsman," said one source. "The magazine wants girls who are media-savvy and can speak well."

An S.I. rep would only say, "This is the most exciting and surprising group of models we've had in the last several years."

Ten of the issue's 17 models are booked for "Late Show With David Letterman" on Feb. 14, when they'll read the Top 10 list and unveil the cover.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/catty_atta...M#ixzz1DUdOZBUg