Kristin Kreuk
Thumbnail

tomervini

She chopped her hair off! :o

cuthairqd1.jpgnewhairuc9.jpg

Here is her blog from the Girls by Design website:

Posted by Kristin | Filed under Journey

So,

I am assuming there are a few of you who are wanting to murder me at this precise moment… Now, deep breaths, it will grow back at some point. And I think it is pretty darn cute.

For three years I have been wanting to cut my hair. It’s been long for about 15 bloody years. If I had not been working on a television series I would have cut it a while ago. I suppose this is kind of an expression of freedom, haha. Us gals tend to have so much tied up in hair. There is like this emotional attachment to it, and it is apparently a REALLY big deal to cut it all off…in one go. I had a plethora or offers to come with, to document, and I just went in there on my own and Sarah (she is the key hairstylist on Smallville, and is freakin rad) tied it in a ponytail and sawed the sucker off…

And now I have short hair. It feels really different. My head feels different. Washing my hair this morning was by far the strangest experience I have had in a while… Like, there is no hair there. And there was before. And now there isn’t. Really weird. And yoga was fun with no hair. And I can feel the wind rush through, and the sun hit the nape of my neck, and my head feels LIGHT. I am experiencing the world in a new way. Really that is how I feel about this new phase in my life.

Apart from my family, Smallville is the longest relationship I have been in. 7+ years. And it has now pretty much ended. The decisions I am making now are a reflection of where I am in my 20’s. GBD is my primary commitment at this point, as well as my relationships. I have got to admit that it is really strange to not walk into that studio every week. But, there is a whole world of new shizznat that I now have the opportunity to choose. I can grab the proverbial hair goo of life and play… I told you all last week. I am sappy.

Love,

Kristin

p.s. I have never used hair goo until now. I actually need to style my hair now. Oh, the possibilities….

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man, that doesn't really look that much like Kristin Kreuk on the Street Fighter poster to me. Maybe it's just because they messed with her beautiful eye color. I think her natural eye color looks a lot better than what they did to them on the poster.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...