Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

Thread cleaned.  Learn to play nicely with others.

So some people like me have to play nice but other people don’t. Understood. 

That being said, I’m not going to be silenced. 

To recap:
-Candice’s two peers Behati and Lily have left the company. That does not bode well for her future with the company because as we just saw, Adriana left a year after Ale. Angels who came up together tend to leave together. And per another post, she is looking too skinny to get an FB (if there is one) in 2019 because that would be the most tone deaf decision. So for those 2 reasons (her time is with the brand is limited and her thin appearance) Candice’s FB chances are limited to zero. 

-Taylor has another 5 years or so to get to 10 shows with the brand. She has plenty of time for an FB. So why do her fans want her to have one now where she won’t have the whole experience?

-Jasmine is the most successful Black Angel since Tyra Banks. She still has another 3 shows until she gets to 10, so chances are good that she will be with the brand for another 3-4 years. It makes more sense, if there is an FB this year, to give it to someone who will be around a while longer. Sounds sensible to me. 

18 minutes ago, JustJas said:

So some people like me have to play nice but other people don’t. Understood. 

That being said, I’m not going to be silenced. 

To recap:
-Candice’s two peers Behati and Lily have left the company. That does not bode well for her future with the company because as we just saw, Adriana left a year after Ale. Angels who came up together tend to leave together. And per another post, she is looking too skinny to get an FB (if there is one) in 2019 because that would be the most tone deaf decision. So for those 2 reasons (her time is with the brand is limited and her thin appearance) Candice’s FB chances are limited to zero. 

-Taylor has another 5 years or so to get to 10 shows with the brand. She has plenty of time for an FB. So why do her fans want her to have one now where she won’t have the whole experience?

-Jasmine is the most successful Black Angel since Tyra Banks. She still has another 3 shows until she gets to 10, so chances are good that she will be with the brand for another 3-4 years. It makes more sense, if there is an FB this year, to give it to someone who will be around a while longer. Sounds sensible to me. 

First off, suggesting you take a Xanax isn't insulting you, it's a suggestion for you to take a step back and find your chill because frankly you're coming across a certain way, and from the past experiences here, those types of people often don't last long on BZ because they're combative and fanatical acting. What you said was insulting to the other members, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that or you wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Also don't tell me or any of the staff you won't be silenced, because you are atm. Now, please keep your hands and feet to yourselves and place nicely with each other

7 hours ago, everyboulevard said:

Um excuse me but 2010 gave us Maryna Linchuk punching a balloon and Katy Perry trying to grab asses so obviously that wins all. /s Little disappointed the new luxe lingerie collection won't be used for some show looks. Kinda get a 2008 Black Tie Holiday/Dangerous/2014 Angel Ball feel from some of them. 

On a slightly different note, besides trying to deep dive into respective threads (because I tried), would anyone know of a good place to look for some old VS pictures? I'm looking for some from holiday 2017 and can't seem to find the ones I'm looking for besides in a very small size. 

2013 gave us this and I can't believe any of you would dare to speak ill of that year. :blah: 

9657676aa8160dfad5e613471f8c33e9.thumb.jpg.3bc15ddd5e6d7197b8693473afe34bc7.jpg

Listal might be a good place to check for older pictures, although they're a pain to search through. What images are you trying to find? 

If I were the VS executive making Angel choices, I would work hard to ensure that some of the brand’s MO (beautiful women) gets a much needed update.

The Angels need to come down to earth some.

I’d strike a balance between better representation (plus sized, transgender models) while also making sure the models are classic beauties that still have an aspirational appeal to them. 

If I had my way, I’d keep Jasmine for the next few years as the bridge Angel, Lais and Leomie when their contracts are up would be replaced with a medium deep complexion Black model with natural hair that she likes to change up - one day a fro, the next box braids and so on. I think that would really appeal to a lot of black women. I would also hire a plus sized black model. 

As for the rest, I guess I would keep Grace, Barbara and Romee from the rest of the Angels, add in a white transgender model and one more white model. Maybe plus size, maybe another current Angel, idk. 

That’s 8, so I’d add at least 1 Asian and possibly Latina, which equals 10 models. Still a couple too many but greater representation of a larger portion of the American population than the current Angels. So while my lineup isn’t perfect it would be a starting point to bring VS to the 21st century. 

8 hours ago, GeorgiaGirl said:

Mann I miss Maryna Linchuk she was one of my faves and I loved how she was able to do both commercial and high fashion so seamlessly and had an amazing body and walk to boot. She was one of the best in the 2010 show especially in another one of my fave segments "Tough Love".

Speaking of favorite segments from the 2010 show "Wild Things" is still a good and underrated segment imo. It's one of the segments I go back and re watch. Some of the outfits were questionable but I loved the music, models, and all the other dramatics and who could forget Emanuela De Paula giving us a moment and nothing but bawdy in that segment.🔥

I always forget about "Wild Things!" I loved the models, the oufits, and the music. That is a great segment, but nothing beats "Tough Love" in my opinion. 2010 was one of my FAVORITE years. and I can never remember if it was Gracie C or Emmanuela in "I Put a Spell on You", but whoever it was blew me away. I'll have to go back and rewatch to see. I also really liked the Circus segment from 2012 I think. 

I wish they had kept Maryna around longer. She was great in the 2009 opening and I really didn't like that segment, I thought the outfits and music were bad. 

Also, I know they didn't have a show in 2004 I think, but they still had a FB. I would just rather them scrap the FB this year if they're not doing a show. Just stop it all and come back next year more strongly. And drop some Angels for God's sake...I mean, do we really need this many? I would say fire Martha, Alexina, STella, Sara, and Lais at least. That would save some money and then maybe VS could start having a better budget for the show. I do think VS has been doing better in the photograph department, though. That's been a nice change from just boring white wall even though the Fall campaign wasn't  a whole lot better. 

17 hours ago, JustJas said:

-Candice’s two peers Behati and Lily have left the company. And per another post, she is looking too skinny to get an FB (if there is one) in 2019 because that would be the most tone deaf decision.
-Taylor has another 5 years or so to get to 10 shows with the brand. She has plenty of time for an FB. 

I love Candice, but yeah she's been hovering between looking beautiful to looking SO THIN. I hope she's ok, but I can see what you mean there. 

I think Taylor seems over VS so IDK how much longer I expect her to stay. I used to really like her, but she is so boring now. She just looks like she doesn't wanna being do VS anymore. 

I just want Jasmine to get another bra and Josephine to finally get one so I don't care when lol

I also think Martha and Sara deserve a FB and I AM NOT a fan of theirs, but they work hard for the company. 

I was Barbara to just get everything with VS, but she's still too new. Same for Grace. Grace definitely deserves one though. 

Stella, Alexina, and Romee  aren't special enough, at least to me. I like Romee, can't stand Stella and Alexina, but I hope none of them get one. 

Lais and Elsa already has theirs and they don't do enough for me to think they should have another. 

I wish Behati and Doutzen would've gotten one. 

Taylor is not "OVER" Victoria Secret for the 34234123th time. Would you be when you're getting a big ole paycheck for doing very little all the while being able to promote yourself to other brands just by having Angel status thus securing a future past being a glorified panty pusher?

Just because she doesn't make VS her sole thing, just because she's not outwardly hyped about VS, just because she doesn't show titties and ass all over her social media #VSLove and shit doesn't mean she's "over" VS.

I have been following Taylor since she was 14, and not once has she had an outwardly expressive personality. She's very private and reserved and I don't think she feels an overwhelming urge to share everything job-wise with the world.

Taylor works with some fairly conservative brands whom I don't think want to see her feed's with #VS #VS Lingerie VS. #VSANGEL #VSTrainlikeAbsByIza

Ya'll have been saying she's been over it for years now.... obviously not, because if she was over it as much as ya'll seem to think she would of pulled a Kate G year one and peace the fuck out. Not everyone is Jo, Alex, Jasmine levels of HYPE over everything. You do have your Gisele, Taylor's, Lais'.... all of whom are super mellow and just do their own thing.

And if it's because she never smiles, that has 100% bullshit. I can pulled dozens upon dozens of pictures from VS events where she's very happy looking. Maybe stop focusing on her lack of smile pictures? Hmm?

Say it louder for the people in the back. 

Im glad most of the angels are like Taylor and aren’t sO hYpEd fOr VS. They promote bigger campaigns, the show, etc but don’t go overboard with it. I wouldn’t be able to follow most of the girls if they had the too much gene like Alexina and Jo. 

2 minutes ago, jessicanicole said:

Say it louder for the people in the back. 

Im glad most of the angels are like Taylor and aren’t sO hYpEd fOr VS. They promote bigger campaigns, the show, etc but don’t go overboard with it. I wouldn’t be able to follow most of the girls if they had the too much gene like Alexina and Jo. 

Honestly it seems like the girls who #PROMOTEVS the majority of the time seem to have very little outside of VS, so maybe, just maybe it's a ploy to keep in good favor with paycheck keepers?

Stella, Grace, Sara and Taylor are about the only ones who have a lot bigger things outside of VS (atm, subject to change), and ironically they are the ones who seem to not promote as hard.   And here's the funny thing about the girls (except Sara who floats kinda in the middle but often seems more reserved), they're all very nice and personable, but keep their cards close and don't often outwardly express those emotions.