Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Hello all at the BZ VS oracle! I was wondering if I could ask a question about Chanel. She seems to have been very short lived as an angel, why was that? I mean, she was used in adverts prior to being named an angel, so I would have thought she sold products well enough? It just seems there was a gap between her and the next black VS angels, and I wondered if VS had longer plans for her and it all went awry. Thank you!

Also Lais is fire.

9 hours ago, Jaku84 said:

Hello all at the BZ VS oracle! I was wondering if I could ask a question about Chanel. She seems to have been very short lived as an angel, why was that? I mean, she was used in adverts prior to being named an angel, so I would have thought she sold products well enough? It just seems there was a gap between her and the next black VS angels, and I wondered if VS had longer plans for her and it all went awry. Thank you!

Also Lais is fire.

I do not believe the majority of consumers/fans really liked her as an angel as well as her body. I see Lameka getting the same treatment when they make her an angel because there are not really much positive comments about her on YoutTube....mainly about how "bony" she is. 

3 hours ago, Sanni said:

Ed had told Chanel to grow curves, so that she could come work for VS. It’s possible that Chanel was Ed’s pet so her popularity or the lack of it didn’t really matter at the time.

Ed told her to gain weight? Yeah right, you must have mistaken the forum you're in

9 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Ed told her to gain weight? Yeah right, you must have mistaken the forum you're in

Ed Razek, president of Victoria’s Secret, is amused that the fashion world is rediscovering boldface models who, naturally, have to have a few years under their belts to become famous.

The first time he met Chanel Iman, she was already considered an It Girl in the fashion world, starting on the runways at 15. But she was too scrawny and young, Razek recalls. Now, at age 20, she has a lucrative Victoria’s Secret contract.

“She promised in the next year, she’d grow curves — and she did,” Razek says.

https://www.denverpost.com/2010/04/21/is-gray-the-new-black-runways-show-off-grown-ups-with-curves/