Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

They won't have a single household name by 2016.

They don't have any household names now.

Gisele and Heidi were the last angels that were true superstar supermodels.

The rest are just wannabes.

Adriana?

Yeah you can't leave it out adriana if you're gonna include heidi in that sentence.

And yeah Miranda  too

Am I the only one who feels like this year's fantasy bra has been promoted much more than last year with Alessandra ?? I mean I know they did events with Alessandra but it kind a feels like Candice has gotten more promotion overall ?? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention last year... :idk:  :idk:

Nah I agree

The 'crows feet' around her eyes could easily be dried makeup that cracked.  

You don't wear makeup do you? :rofl:

Crows feet are part of getting older :/ Normally most woman don't begin getting them like Candice till their mid to late 30's/40's, however there are the blessed few that can avoid them till their 50's. 

I'm in my 30's and because my skin doesn't see the light of day very often + awesome genes and I take care of my skin when I go out in the sun... (sunscreen, argan oil, sunglasses and parasols go go) I have none. If you've actually paid attention to Candice you can see the slow progression of her crows feet over the last few years, and unless she begins to take better care of herself (stay the fuck out of the sun for awhile or get's some botox) they're aren't going to get any better.

The primary cause for crows' feet is exposure to sunlight. Sunlight ages the skin (stop tanning people, it's not attractive and bad for your skin, if you're naturally tan well GG), and it also encourages people to squint, wrinkling the skin around their faces. Smoking, Drugs and Alcohol are also risk factors, and because smokers tend to squint to protect their eyes from the irritants in the smoke. These wrinkles also tend to appear more rapidly in people with indifferent skincare regimens.

Even with preventative measures, crows feet will still appear, although they may be smaller than they would be otherwise. They are simply part of the aging process.

And if by chance she does take care of herself while in the sun and doesn't smoke, then it's bad genes, or #smoking&drug lifestyle :idk:

Am I the only one who feels like this year's fantasy bra has been promoted much more than last year with Alessandra ?? I mean I know they did events with Alessandra but it kind a feels like Candice has gotten more promotion overall ?? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention last year... :idk:  :idk:

Nah I agree

Everybody's Fantasy bra moment was better than alessandra's ok lol.

I think the 2010 Fb had more promotion than this one and another one, I can't remember

But alessandra's situation was so half assed. It was like they realized they made her wait for so long so they threw it at her just because its been a long time. not out of appreciation or because they like her. Just because of the long wait she had. If anything since she waited so long she should have gotten the best promotion and stuff. But nooo

I feel like people at least know who Miranda is, and Adriana too.

Um yeah. They do. I won't say anything else because I saw who posted that comment and don't expect anything more.

I feel like people at least know who...
You can throw any name in that statement as you wish, but there is a difference in someone knowing who someone is and that person being a household name.

Granted, there are different levels of fame and celebrity, but to call any of the current angels a household name is laughable to me.

You don't wear makeup do you?

:rofl: 

Candice does get periodic sun exposure due to being a bikini model but she is generally not excessively tanned and dark so I'm not sure about the sun damage.  Somebody like her probably gets a lot of required services (visits to dermatologist, nutritional consultant, workout, etc.) and she must try to maintain her skin.  I bet she has a huge cabinet of skin-care products and knows a lot about it like most successful models do. 

I wear cream moisturizer and visit my dermatologist periodically :-p  With the makeup comment, I often see women seemingly with thick makeup +wrinkles and then this evidence of aging disappears when I see them the next day.  The make-up sometimes dries and cakes over nature folds of the skin and the result can look bad.  And of course, not sleeping much and having stressful weeks can make temporary wrinkles and then they're gone the next month.  

I used to have a fold underneath my eyes from a stressful period but they're gone now, but I have a truly permanent wrinkle above my nose that was originally a small scar.

So I asked the Doc what she would do about it and she said, heh heh, 'Don't frown ever again.....or there's botox'.

PS. Candice has probably done something to puff up her lips.  They look a bit off to me. :angie:  

Your singular focus on one word (wannabes) does not negate my opposition to your opinion, champagnebrulee.

You are the one who used the current batch of models and lamented the future departure of a few of them as if VS would be losing household names. If you would like to have a discussion on what you feel determines your household name status and who does and does not qualify under your standards, then I will gladly engage in that conversation with you.

As it stands, I don't think the company has any household names to lose. They have all departed.

You don't wear makeup do you?

:rofl: 

Candice does get periodic sun exposure due to being a bikini model but she is generally not excessively tanned and dark so I'm not sure about the sun damage.  Somebody like her probably gets a lot of required services (visits to dermatologist, nutritional consultant, workout, etc.) and she must try to maintain her skin.  I bet she has a huge cabinet of skin-care products and knows a lot about it like most successful models do. 

I wear cream moisturizer and visit my dermatologist periodically :-p  With the makeup comment, I often see women seemingly with thick makeup +wrinkles and then this evidence of aging disappears when I see them the next day.  The make-up sometimes dries and cakes over nature folds of the skin and the result can look bad.  And of course, not sleeping much and having stressful weeks can make temporary wrinkles and then they're gone the next month.  

I used to have a fold underneath my eyes from a stressful period but they're gone now, but I have a truly permanent wrinkle above my nose that was originally a small scar.

So I asked the Doc what she would do about it and she said, heh heh, 'Don't frown ever again.....or there's botox'.

PS. Candice has probably done something to puff up her lips.  They look a bit off to me. :angie:  

I just feel like smoking+drinking+Genetics  is why her eyes are like that

There is not many household names left in modelling full stop, who's fault is that? i believe it's just the way the world is.. they don't build up the younger models like they use to. most of them lack personality and character they all seem so generic and boring.

I'm glad Irina is OUT. Another failed VS casting to add to her list. The last thing VSFS needs is a circus around her and her boyfriend.

Your singular focus on one word (wannabes) does not negate my opposition to your opinion, champagnebrulee.

You are the one who used the current batch of models and lamented the future departure of a few of them as if VS would be losing household names. If you would like to have a discussion on what you feel determines your household name status and who does and does not qualify under your standards, then I will gladly engage in that conversation with you.

As it stands, I don't think the company has any household names to lose. They have all departed.

My personal opinion is that there are still household names left at VS. I also believe that depends on your location in the world; I am speaking from my own experience, and I concede that this may not be true for everyone. In that regard, I apologize. That said, of course they are not at the same level as Gisele and Heidi; but being a supermodel and having a household name are, also in my opinion, mutually exclusive. We all know who Nelson Mandela and Kim Kardashian are.

And I am pointing out your language because there is no need to use negatively-connotated language like 'wannabes' to prove your point, which will obviously rile people up and is unnecessary. You could have stopped at your second sentence.

Tori, You can PM me if you would like to continue this discussion. :)

Crows feet or not, Candeedee got a lot of facial hair! I am happy she waxed that little mustache she used to have but the hair around her jaw line and her cheeks and almost everywhere is incredibly fuzzy.

Ultra HQ is a bitch!

Facial hair?

oh well adriana has like the hairest arms ever lol. Don't even need HQ to see them . They all have some extra hair somewhere