Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I never knew there was such strong feelings for Candice here. Moving on, I don't think I'll like it if she gets the Bra but I'm not sure. Adriana has worn it twice, that's enough. Miranda and Ale already wore it. We're left with all the other girls. Doutzen, really? Erin/Lindsay/Behati who? So since Candice is the golden child, I think she'll wear it if the girls that have already worn it don't come back for it. Sad that Candice is what is left of VS.

And Ggoogle trends is a god way to measure their popularity. I'm surprised (more like shocked) Candice is that low in that stat. Where does all of Ale's efforts go to? Miranda and Adriana so ahead of her. And Adriana is high, but she' is normally higher than that. Most be because of her MIA status since the show. Miranda has been taking Mr. Kerr to all the award after parties (the Golden Globes ceremony being the only real award ceremony they attended). She got more press from it. And of course her BFFs the paps.

Another way to check their popularity is checking their mentions on twitter. Random people talking about them. Adriana is the angel with the most mentions (probably because of her appeal to several races). I'm not even being biased. Check it out yourselves.. You see people talking about her in different languages and there are like half a dozen mentions of her every one minute. I don't check Miranda's mentions anymore but she used to get alot as well. Alessandra also gets her fair share. I don't even bother checking the other girls' unless they have new work out.

If they're gonna give the bra to the girl that is popular, then they'll give it to Miranda. Or Adriana if she starts consistently working again. But I'd rather have Maud Welzen than Miranda.

People can hate on Candice as much as they want, but deep down inside every single one of us knows that she is the best one out of the newer angels in terms of keeping the original VS image of a sexy model alive. It can get annoying when a model is getting overexposed because it draws away the mysterious vibe and therefore the interest for a model but drama whores of course have to turn it into hate. I mean c'mon. The worst thing that VS has ever done was to hire Chanel Iman as an Angel. THAT is ten times more upsetting than Candice's overexposure can ever get (God, was I happy when they finally gave her the boot).

Also I would like to address that Doutzen is as beautfiul as hell (her walk with Rihanna was my fav moment in last year's show) but she's barely better (or should I say equally bad?) at giving interviews than Candice. Doutzen also comes across as a little bit forced when she tries to be outgoing in interviews and sometimes can't cut to the chase and if you really wanna do all the comparison: None of the current angels can compare with Tyra, Heidi or Gisele (or KK's recent interview at Jay Leno's).

And I also think that Candice will probably get the fb this year since Doutzen's biggest sensation (the space-project) won't be up until next year.

Rumor has it that Ale and Adri will be with VS until 2015. I generally think it will be interesting to see how VS will be doing once Adriana will leave since I think that Ale and Miranda will leave around the same time and as we all know VS doesn't have a potential sensation in their current angel nest now (I think, Rosie was going to be their next mainstream hit with transformers .. but then she left). I guess someone needs to get herself a famous boyfriend :whistle:

I like Candice. Her HF work amazes me, she´s a really good catwalker and her body drives me crazy and I don´t even mind her back-arching. I don´t care much about her "sounding like idiot" in videos, because frankly, there are like 5 models from all those I have heard talking that I regard to as "witty, funny and intelligent". They are models, not physicists, so I´m ok with that. Thus why I mostly just turn off the sound on most of the vids in which models are speaking, it spares me from many "wtf" and rolling my eyes expressions.

From the angels, only Behati and Karlie are those I can listen to without cringing.

I hope to see more of Candice (YES!) because in my eyes, she´s a great model :)

I like Candice too. I understand the frustration of her being used so often, but honestly, she does the job good! While her pics are usually same poses whatever, they're good poses, and she photographs extremely well, also she embodies the sexy VS persona. Her pictures are playful and sexy :heart: While people hate candice, I don't think many can deny that she's pretty good at her job. She knows her poses, angles, etc.

all IMO of course :D :heythere:

See? That's the self-obsessed attitude! The true colors and vile thoughts of a person emerges in a virtual world without rules. Then soon enough, every other spammer/baiter/person is on my ignore list.

Waste of eyeball!

I hope Doutzen's Space going project gets some major press and everyone knows about it so she can get more publicity especially so she can get the bra. I don't think she cares for fame because she doesn't even try. I mean if some of the girls could have a VS, L'Oreal and Tiffany and co contracts, they'd hype it up so high that we'd suffocate.

I do agree on her not being good at interviews. Some of the answers she gives are so far off the questions they ask her.

And I secretly want the two brazilians to leave sooner rather than later. Although I know Adriana isn't going anywhere. She really is their hottest commodity. You should have seen how people that don't even necessarily follow models were complaining to VS on twitter about not seeing Adriana in the catalogs when she was pregnant. Those who knew she was pregnant and recently gave birth were ranting and raving about it being time she started shooting for them again. I've seen one too many tweets like them. I don't think VS would want to let go of an Angel who can command that much fans and attention just yet. And I'm sure Ale is doing something right. She's still very much a catalogs regular and does many of their major events. When was the last time a model in her 30s did so much catalog work for them?

Miranda was only ever working for VS once every 10 years, they started using her more when Adriana wasn't around.

And for Candice, I'd be surprised if she doesn't get the bra, maybe. She sure aint going nowhere. And I don't want her to. But if she's pretending about being a sweet shy girl, it's time she dropped it because it aint flying

It's the internet... no one cares much less me. :rofl:

Btw Trollish sociopaths always wins over try-hard stalkerish types on the internet. That kind of dirty just doesn't come off well.

Trolling on the internet is as common as breathing these days. Learn it, love it.

It's the internet... no one cares much less me. :rofl:

Btw Trollish sociopaths always wins over try-hard stalkerish types on the internet. That kind of dirty just doesn't come off well.

Trolling on the internet is as common as breathing these days. Learn it, love it.

I'm well aware of how the Internet is "functioning", but I'm the kind of person who actually cares about how we treat our fellow human beings.

Just because most people on the Internet behave like total morons, it doesn't mean that I have to turn a blind eye to it.

The Internet has become a very real and important part of our society. It's not a magical place without consequences, although the majority seems to forget that behind every monitor, there's a human being with feelings... However, the written word on the Internet can actually have a huge impact, ranging from suicide to violence, because there's not much of a differnece between the written and the spoken word anymore. (E.g. ever heard of Amanda Todd?)

Yet you're suggesting that we all should become navel-gazing egomaniacs and empathy-cripples who don't give a fuck about others feelings?

Yes, the written word has a great impact on many people lives, for instance the Canadian tennis player, Rebecca Marino recently retired due to online harassment and abuse, and of course you have cases such as Amanda Todd who is an extreme and tragic situation. However in defense, many people need to stop being so damn sensitive and just step away from the situation, (obviously not always possible, but generally it's the people who keep going back and reading the same shit that have the issues). Keeping in mind, that nameless person behind a monitor somewhere else telling you that you're lame, or stupid, or ugly doesn't know you, and if the situation gets to such an extreme, common sense would dictate that you simply leave. No one is forcing anyone to stay around and deal with the comments.

It's like going to a party where you know you're going to be mocked and abused, stupid.

Anonymity has taken over the internet with things like /b/ and 4chan leading the charge. Faceless hackers who attack people with impunity, with very little real life consequence.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that you take the risk when you go online and start speaking with a bunch of strangers. And that's what everyone on here is, no matter how many personal, pertinent details we share about ourselves, we are in essence strangers.

Trolls are becoming more and more common place, not necessarily because they're trying to hurt people, but because the Facebook generation expresses itself differently then the older generation, and their expression quite commonly comes across as very juvenile. Meme's and .gifs are becoming more common place because emotion, and sarcasm quite commonly cannot be expressed adequately via text.

So the whole idea of being a bleeding heart for every negative comment, or "mean" picture is laughable at best. You're setting yourself up for heartache and a headache. The quote learn it, live it, love it definitely applies to this as does, let it go and move on.

Social media isn't going to change in the near future perhaps we need to evolve our outlook and take steps to alleviate the situation.

Your point is valid, but posting like a drunk with no etiquette or trollish sociopath;) on the internet (weee! because there are 'no consequences'!) is a leading indicator of a person deficient in genuine self-respect & reputation in their 'real world' interactions.

What I'd really like to know is why some of you guys behave this way?

And I just don't get how one can behave this way toward anybody. :idk:

Answer:

Because this is the i-n-t-e-r-n-e-t, and people have opinions (both positive and negative) and like to share them?

Better late then never: Welcome to the Internet, please enjoy your stay, and if the butt-hurt gets to be too much... no one cares :) :wave:

I'm assuming you meant no one... and this thread has been hijacked by so many side topics in the past, even taking the last two pages out of account it's ridiculous, so I don't really see why no one should respond. :idk: Whatever works for you I guess.

You get to vote what bikini karlie will wear to the VS Swim event coming up :) I

Victoria's Secret@VictoriasSecret

U DECIDE! Help pick which Beach Sexy suit @karliekloss will wear at the 2013 Swim event in LA on 3/12.#THIS OR #THAT? pic.twitter.com/iivdjqsQpg

People can hate on Candice as much as they want, but deep down inside every single one of us knows that she is the best one out of the newer angels in terms of keeping the original VS image of a sexy model alive. It can get annoying when a model is getting overexposed because it draws away the mysterious vibe and therefore the interest for a model but drama whores of course have to turn it into hate. I mean c'mon.

Agreed :yes:

I like Candice. Her HF work amazes me, she´s a really good catwalker and her body drives me crazy and I don´t even mind her back-arching. I don´t care much about her "sounding like idiot" in videos, because frankly, there are like 5 models from all those I have heard talking that I regard to as "witty, funny and intelligent". They are models, not physicists, so I´m ok with that. Thus why I mostly just turn off the sound on most of the vids in which models are speaking, it spares me from many "wtf" and rolling my eyes expressions.

From the angels, only Behati and Karlie are those I can listen to without cringing.

I hope to see more of Candice (YES!) because in my eyes, she´s a great model :)

I like Candice too. I understand the frustration of her being used so often, but honestly, she does the job good! While her pics are usually same poses whatever, they're good poses, and she photographs extremely well, also she embodies the sexy VS persona. Her pictures are playful and sexy :heart: While people hate candice, I don't think many can deny that she's pretty good at her job. She knows her poses, angles, etc.

all IMO of course :D :heythere:

Yours isn't too shabby as well :D

Not only do I agree on what you posted, but I love your set as well :laugh: Bregje! :woot:

BEyr_CBn_Cc_AADf_ZG.jpg

It's a little unfair to compare Candice with older Angels and then say she is unpopular. The masses (regular women who are interested in celebrities, buy women's magazines etc.) don't really give a shit about a hottie model in her early 20's sharing her "beauty secrets" but they can care if a model is around 30, still looks hot and beautiful, maybe has a child and is definitely leading an aspirational lifestyle. Models like Adriana and Miranda have that potential, models like Candice can't yet. No young model has mass appeal amongst everyday women. That time comes later if they play their cards right.

Calling the paparazzi yourself is lame but at the same time I understand why some are doing it. Let's take Miranda for example. She is coming to a stage in her life where she could become really successful, I mean the kind of success where she wouldn't have to use Victoria's Secret's name to justify her relevance. So maybe she and other models figure that calling the paparazzi is a price they are willing to pay if it means that they have chance to gain long term success in the entertainment industry.

I guess I was trying to talk about more mainstream success. In general these models tend to be older. Of course you need to appeal to the younger audience (like Tyra did with ANTM and before that with VS) but the young girls and young women will be there anyway, the real key is to grab everybody's attention (so you can sell that magazine cover and interview like regular Hollywood actresses).