Bellazon

Mathias Lauridsen
Thumbnail

persuazn

Hi atombanger18,

I don´t think someone hacked in ( Have to say that´s a great idea). That´s how they treat people in fashion industry and why Mathias kept his privacy, no high society parties etc.

Okay, we must admit Mathias had no mayor ad campaign this year and there are only few editorals- but I think I said it before - I hate that they just erased him. If the made him No 5, the 20 and the out okay but not this way :voodoo:

BAPTISTE over the like of Mathias, Sean, Garrett, Matt, David Gandy, and Taylor Fuchs? No Mathias anywhere to be found? Someone is using the rankings to inflict punishment of some kind or has their own agenda...

That is very strange behavior of models.com ! :x

I think someone at models.com just got bent out of shape that Mathias was dominating the top spot for so long and decided to replace him with it's own favorite, but a "No. 1" model that nobody heard of before = fail.

Sheard...

I agree. Certainly models.com must have known that this bizzare re-order of the rankings would cause a serious outcry and serious riot amongst the fashion community. Not only just fans of Mathias Lauridsen, but think of all the fans of Sean, Garrett, Matt, David Gandy,Taylor Fuchs, Boyd, Eddie, Jesper and fans of all the other talented models that are now in a rage. Very unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of models.com. They better correct those rankings ASAP or models.com will self-sabotage their well cultivated prestige and influence amongst the community.

atombanger18 - I'm not worried about it. Models.com = one site, and a site that neither defines nor rules my life in any sense so yea. I feel bad for the fans of Sean though. If Mathias lost the #1 spot, I would of expected him to move into it. Anyway....

Unknown Editorial

[i have no info period on these images, but they look like some sort of editorial... most likely a repost but still has some of my favorite pictures.]

th_unknown_editorial-01.jpg th_unknown_editorial-02.jpg th_unknown_editorial-03.jpg th_unknown_editorial-04.jpg th_unknown_editorial-05.jpg th_unknown_editorial-06.jpg th_unknown_editorial-07.jpg th_unknown_editorial-08.jpg th_unknown_editorial-09.jpg th_unknown_editorial-10.jpg th_unknown_editorial-11.jpg th_unknown_editorial-12.jpg th_unknown_editorial-13.jpg th_unknown_editorial-14.jpg th_unknown_editorial-15.jpg th_unknown_editorial-16.jpg th_unknown_editorial-17.jpg

Yes, it had been more reasonable that they were putting to that they were more near one or whom they have emphasized this year, not to a almost stranger ¬¬

It's very weird ¬¬

But Shear have reason, a site does not define the one who is really the number one, and that one always will be Mathias :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Belgianhare...

I would LOVE to know their methodology. If they have revised their methodology... they need to state as such.

I always assumed they made their determination by the entire body of work... runway, editorial, and catalogue. Certainly models.com has prepared some type of statement to explain the dramatic change in ranking?

They don't give reasons, only they say this in the site :

" With the male modeling industry facing a scarcity of long-term support on the part of clients for new and emerging faces, sifting through the blue chip SS/FW 09 campaigns to find a new heir apparent was no easy task. And then there came Karl Lagerfeld to the rescue as the last star-maker on the market ready to sweep a chosen male face to the heights of mass media exposure, multiple campaigns and guaranteed A-list editorial positioning. It’s a part of the game of fashion and now Mr Baptiste stands as the new No 1 on MDC Top 50 male models ranking with full buzz, the blazing spotlight and crackling controversy." (Here )

¬¬

It's not fair ¬¬

So many others have more campaigns, as I said before...

And Mathias? Just drop out the list? ¬¬

I can understand them wanting to promote new faces out in the marketplace. However, the Top 50 rankings is not the appropriate forum. They need to create a ranking called "The Top 50 newcomers." Indeed, why should Mathias suffer or be punished because models.com wants to not only force a newcomer into the spotlight but push that newcomer on others at the number one position? Do you think the industry is now going to fall all over themselves to hire Baptiste just because models.com says so? How very crass of models.com...

To be fair on Baptiste Giabiconi, he has done a lot of work for very high profile fashion companies like Chanel, Armani, Fendi in a short amount of time as well as carrying off a fair few high brow editorials.

Where was Mathias placed last time, they cant have taken him from 1st to not even featured in one go.

Betty with Models.com says in a post that they are coming out with Male Icons (working male icons) and Top Money guys and Mathias will most likely be on one of those lists. (Mathias better be #1 on the Male Icon rankings).

Models.com should have presented the above Male Icons (working male icons) and Top Money guys rankings first, and then changed the Top 50. They certainly did not handle this well...

Betty with Models.com says in a post that they are coming out with Male Icons (working male icons) and Top Money guys and Mathias will most likely be on one of those lists. (Mathias better be #1 on the Male Icon rankings).

I bolded part of that for emphasis as "most likely" doesn't mean for certain that he is or isn't on one of those other lists she's referring to.

edit

Hartigan - That is precisely what they did. Mathias was still at #1 a few days ago but isn't anywhere in the top 50 at all now.

To be fair on Baptiste Giabiconi, he has done a lot of work for very high profile fashion companies like Chanel, Armani, Fendi in a short amount of time as well as carrying off a fair few high brow editorials.

Where was Mathias placed last time, they cant have taken him from 1st to not even featured in one go.

Hi Hartigan, :wave:

I think we are fair, because we didn´t say anything against the new one .

But when Mathias started, he also had some major campaign in a short time - but first he was model of the week ,some times later NO 12 , than No 6 and then No1.

After Mathias had no big campaigns for this year it would have been fair to make Sean ( I have to say this , despite the fact that I don´t like him- but he is a A1 model) No 1 and Mathias No2 or lower.

But yesterday Mathias was erased and replaced by a newcomer. Nobody new him despite his campaigns. We got some members here who post every postworthy new model - Baptiste had no thread here.

That is what makes me angry. I always knew that Mathias iis going to be replaced one day.

AND my personal problem is that I was NEVER interessted in models - I am only here because of Mathias :heart: :heart: :heart: