Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 8/22/2023 at 2:32 PM, Enrico_sw said:

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2023_08/1285714591_weakmenhardtimes.jpeg.872db4a197c59732c957ded311581576.jpeg

I think political ideologies (feminism, political right/left, MAGA, CCP, etc) are mostly propaganda grifts with only grains of truth.  They are ideological weapons.

Politics is a form of warfare and a shooting war happens when politics don't give you want groups want.  Feminists are gaining more for their side, it's just the way things are today.  They are also a form of population control.

Overall the whole industrious to decadent cycle is Roman history and history of the rise & fall of civilizations in a nutshell. 

Two thousand years ago Cicero and Seneca, Cato etc. were talking about the same problems about corruption and decadence among the Roman elite as well as the declining standards of responsibility. Same thing in Feudal Japan, where the Sengoku era was seen as superior to the latter eras.

In China they talk about the 100 years of 'shame' and the 'communism with Chinese characteristics' as saving the nation.

And in the US the 'Greatest generation' is seen as the best (1930s-1950s).

Currently, North America & Europe are globally declining/stagnating societies with terrible political & military leadership and corrupt economies. 

They are well past the point of help.   If they were to be saved it should have been done at the latest in the 1980s.  The signs of decline were already evident in the 1970s US.

Ultimately what is good for the nation & society as a whole is not necessarily good for the individual who craves fast money, security, pleasures & freedom.  That's how decadence happens.  I think it's just the natural order of things.

The screenplay for "Gladiator" is quite brilliant.  The three forces of Stoicism, hard work/competence, & Nationalism (Maximus the farmer-General like Cato) vs. Decadence, Emotional & Selfish, and Bread & Circuses Fraud (Emperor) are a core feature.

In the writings of Seneca (and Cicero IIRC) they write extensively about the increasing feminization of men among Roman elite, decadence and neglect of duties (both civil & military) due to comfort.   I think Chinese history has the same issues as the Roman.

Look at the Imperial Japanese, the Germans, & Americans of the late 19th century to the mid- 20th century compared to how feminine they are today for instance..

Max Weber - Wikipedia

The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism - Wikipedia

I recall Max Weber and Sloan/Drucker also have insightful observations (of their times) on how American men changed as they transformed from independent people into corporate/bureaucratic drones.  In some aspects of behavior they started becoming more feminine 100 years ago.

Summer can eat a dick .

Summer people can fuck off .

I don't trust Summer people .

Hurricane inbound, 2 days of temps on the cooler end, a nice bit of relief  (its still fucking MOIST though).... and then the heat comes back with a fucking vengeance.  Go the fuck away already. Ain't nobody want your fucking abuse to continue unless you live in a cooler climate year round and then fuck you for having the dream.

zzdfnPv.png

In looking at others' tiktok accounts and my own I don't quite understand the tiktok algorithm. 

It seems to be entirely dependent on a video getting viral, then raising your account into the stratosphere permanently.

However the 'viral' video is often just similar to the other videos in the account, the finicky algorithm seems to have favored it.

Other than that it's very slow and steady progress, not really a great tool 

Right now the youtube algorithm is acting strangely because it's a holiday weekend.