Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

O.O

Yes, some people do, but I've never been too enthusiast about it :rofl:

It never really worked in France. Big companies tried to sell it to us a couple of years ago, but ppl just don't seem to enjoy it, it's not our culture.

This time, the people didn't bow to big companies' will :thumbs_up:

37 minutes ago, Matt! said:

$400?!!?!?!

Wait What GIFs | Tenor

We get a LOT of Trick R Treaters here.... Anywhere from 80  to 100 on average (sometimes more), and I don't just give them one candy bar and send them on their way, I like them to get a full handful.... and I do Halloween Candy bags for my mom's Adopted Grandkids, and my brother.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

Do you do this as a healthy habit or do you try to progress and have a goal?

You don't do legs/back?

I just do this as a forever (hopefully) habit.  I know my limits (joints) and work within those limits.

I walk/hike 9 hours a week which takes care of legs.  I could probably use a back machine.  I don't know of exercises that target back particularly well and can be done at home.  I know that push-ups do effect the entire back, in a half-way level and walking does light work for the back. 

5 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I'll have to try to watch it soon. This show kinda has a darkness in it, doesn't it? A Dark Souls type ambiance or some sort.

what's the league of legends show?

Yea, the House of the Dragon show is a darker show than Game of Thrones. The CGI and sets are excellent imho.  It is more serious and has very little humor compared to GOT.  But very well written and well acted.  The saga of Fire and Blood does not end well for most of them, in true GRRM style.

I think everyone agrees that the characters are not as good as Game of thrones but there are a few standout performances that match the best of GOT:  Queen R, King V, and Daemon.  King V played by Paddy is award worthy imho and Mily has done very well and gained 1 million followers on Instagram due to this role.

GRRM is a great talent, but his work tends to give me some mixed feelings.  I listened to most of Game of Thrones book 1.  It is brilliantly well written but at the same time, it skews towards being negative.  Most of the characters are stumbling their way towards their doom, or at best a bittersweet end.  I wish his stories, and characters lead to a better place rather than being overly pessimistic. 

This struck me recently as I was walking.  For most of my life I've chosen interest of history over interest in literature and kept my interest in fiction to games and film.  Over the past 6 years I've branched out and find myself becoming much less interested in history and much more interested in great fiction and philosophy.  History, is just like GRMM's books- it is amoral and often doesn't lead to better things.  I feel rather exhausted after learning the great lessons of history after being fascinated most of life by it.  I find that I don't have much more to learn from history, that provides a high level of enjoyment.  There isn't enough peak experiences and good philosophy in history.  That's how I feel currently at least.

9 hours ago, phenobarbie said:

You're right, the Republicans do shut down most of the "potential reform bills" because they are loaded with so many things that have nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with lining political parties pockets. Kind of like the Covid relief bill that had everything up to and including funding other countries with relief and almost nothing for American citizens.

I am a very firm believer of borders and legal immigration is fine, however when you have people "fleeing" their countries due to corrupt regimes, cartels, gang bangers etc and illegally crossing the border you create a problem. The idea is you're coming to America to come for a better life, but when you have no legal process you cannot exclude the problems, which is why they have stated multiple times that it's not just "mommies and their babies" coming across but in fact the cartel and gang bangers and sex traffickers etc. Not only that, but how do you propose to have a better life if you're not following the legal process and you don't have access to the resources available and you're not paying taxes. You have no SSN, no work visa, (so you can only get the lowest end of jobs with very little compensation) and you're forced quite frequently to live in absolutely deplorable living conditions. So by turning a blind eye to the reality we are in fact creating a worse situation for these people.

I lived in California in a "not great area" and there were 4-5 households in a 3 bedroom living in shit conditions. Let's not even talk about when I lived in Napa when all of the vineyards were hiring illegals and being crammed into buildings that were completely inhumane. Barely any running water, one bathroom for 25+ people. No privacy, the bare minimum of food and no AC in California in the middle of the summer. YAY! Better life right? That's what happens when you have people circumventing the legal process. They are afraid to report these conditions and so those people that support them crossing illegally for a "better life" are in fact helping to create more "slavery". There is due process for a reason.

But hey, it's the same dusty ball and all right?

You need to get off your high horse and assume that people only care about "rich white people" because that is the narrative that the left is forcing down everyone's throat. There are more aid packages and resources available for people who are not white then you seem to think. The fact that AP classes no longer follow actual academic levels and have to have "brown and black people" to meet a quota is insulting and brings down the whole education system.

What I find absolutely hilarious Dave is that you sit there and saw we need to "come together" and then post this shit.

So, is this how you come together? You must have been a riot on team sports in school.

You know what, I can agree with you on how we must stop allowing companies to exploit immigrants to work in dangerous conditions for a fraction of the pay. That, and the living conditions you speak of. No individual should be treated in such a way when they are simply striving for a better life. This is a whole other issue onto itself that does not take a way from Republicans have zero substance on immigration reform and the way they vilify these groups.

It's clear where you and me stand and I can say we share some views on immigration and other matters but the way we see other portions of this will never align.

Until we rid of those who want nothing more then to profit from their position of public service. Take advantage and destroy our institutions. This country is going to sink faster and faster into a pit of despair. Sadly some regions will suffer far worse than others. I use to be on the conservative spectrum when I was much younger but seeing how one party has completely abandon their supposed conservative values make it quite disappointing and I simply can't stand the vile and putrid crap they have been pulling these last many years.

I stand by what I say and it's just a matter of time before the masses push back on hate.

13 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

what's the league of legends show?

Yea, the House of the Dragon show is a darker show than Game of Thrones. The CGI and sets are excellent imho.  It is more serious and has very little humor compared to GOT.  But very well written and well acted.  The saga of Fire and Blood does not end well for most of them, in true GRRM style.

I think everyone agrees that the characters are not as good as Game of thrones but there are a few standout performances that match the best of GOT:  Queen R, King V, and Daemon.  King V played by Paddy is award worthy imho and Mily has done very well and gained 1 million followers on Instagram due to this role.

GRRM is a great talent, but his work tends to give me some mixed feelings.  I listened to most of Game of Thrones book 1.  It is brilliantly well written but at the same time, it skews towards being negative.  Most of the characters are stumbling their way towards their doom, or at best a bittersweet end.  I wish his stories, and characters lead to a better place rather than being overly pessimistic. 

This struck me recently as I was walking.  For most of my life I've chosen interest of history over interest in literature and kept my interest in fiction to games and film.  Over the past 6 years I've branched out and find myself becoming much less interested in history and much more interested in great fiction and philosophy.  History, is just like GRMM's books- it is amoral and often doesn't lead to better things.  I feel rather exhausted after learning the great lessons of history after being fascinated most of life by it.  I find that I don't have much more to learn from history, that provides a high level of enjoyment.  There isn't enough peak experiences and good philosophy in history.  That's how I feel currently at least.

I do think a lot of interest will wane for me once Paddy is gone. This show is otherwise just so devoid of interesting characters.

Alicent is boring. Rhaenyra is boring. Daemon is annoying. Cole is a mopey bore.

I almost have to hope that the adult versions of Rhaenyra and Alicent kids morph into interesting characters, otherwise I do not know how this show is going to keep the audience's interest.

4 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I do think a lot of interest will wane for me once Paddy is gone. This show is otherwise just so devoid of interesting characters.

Alicent is boring. Rhaenyra is boring. Daemon is annoying. Cole is a mopey bore.

I almost have to hope that the adult versions of Rhaenyra and Alicent kids morph into interesting characters, otherwise I do not know how this show is going to keep the audience's interest.

Adult R and Alicent will be the protagonists of the story so Emma and Olivia are here to stay.  Sir Criston Cole is also going to become a major character.  

I think the young adult versions of the children will appear this season as I saw the casting.  The adult version of the children will all become major characters.  As the set up goes some of the children are dysfunctional, in particular Alicents' (Aegon, Aemond, Helenea). 

Daemon will continue to be Daemon.

21 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Daemon is the character archetype that GoT was so good in mining so many good scenes/plots out of. Red Viper of Dorne, Jaime, even Daario Naharis to a certain extent.

The Rogueish chaos merchants.

Daemon is so boring compared to all of them.

Daemon is a variation I think of these characters (like so many HOD characters, mostly derivatives).  He is kind of a lost soul of sorts, and more and more of his character will be revealed.  Of course Jaime was a better character than he. My favorite of Jaime Lannister was his travels with Brienne, and the loss of his hand.  This culminated in the scene where he breaks down in the baths.  Some of the best character reveals of the show.

What do you think of Larys?  He had big scenes in episode 6.  He too will become a major character in the story.