Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Russian mechanized VDV (Paratroop) near Kyiv.  Pontoon bridges, drone, anti-aircraft unit.  I think this is in the NW salient, currently the target of Ukr counterattacks.

https://vk.com/milinfolive?w=wall-123538639_2344404

Pontoon bridge over the Donets, south of Izyum.  This is most important crossing for the Russians and further advances across the Donets would force a general retreat of the Ukr JFO.

https://t.me/vysokygovorit/7060

Combat situation in Mariupol 3/27

hnwcqk87t1q81.jpg

There is a huge disconnect between his public life and his private life.  The latter is blending into the former and damaging his reputation.

There is no reason to publically air his bizarre family problems except narcissism.   Nor is it necessary for him to publicly say that he is depressed/suicidal.  (despite being a gazillionaire, being an A-list actor)

There are news of the huge number, XX,XXX Ukr civilians that have been transported into Russia.., I suspect that this willful or unwillful(kidnapping) movement of civilians will be used as a bargaining chip for Russia.

9s2n6gc2t4q81.jpglbgvczyzz2q81.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpgsc7fhwyzz2q81.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg00phqtyzz2q81.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpgnnm9uuyzz2q81.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpgp6zi8xyzz2q81.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg

Russian reported casualties as of March 25 are:

RF military: 1,351 soldiers killed, 3,825 wounded
DNP: 581 soldiers killed, 2,801 wounded

Minimum 9000 casualties (incl. 2000 KIA).  Not sure if this includes LPR and National Guard.

20 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Zelensky open to ‘neutrality’ and negotiations over Donbas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/27/russia-ukraine-war-news-putin-live-updates/

https://meduza.io/feature/2022/03/27/eto-ne-prosto-voyna-vse-gorazdo-huzhe

I wonder if Ukr will end up being a Soviet-era buffer state- with East and West Ukr, one side NATO friendly, the other side pro-Russia.

That's a pretty good sign. It seems that neutrality and Donbas are the key aspects of this war (I say "it seems" because there is a lot of deceptions). At the same time, it's clear that the Russian army can't handle the whole country of Ukraine, and it's highly probable that they will focus on Donbas, Crimea and strategic harbours.

There are signs that they both need a peace (or the costs of war will rise).

Zelensky is doing good diplomatic actions again. He made some mistakes (huge mistakes) last week, particularly when he said to the Knesset that the Russians were implementing "the final solution" (link here). Half of the Knesset was shocked by it. He basically called Putin a nazi (which is an enormous mistake, because he was replying to the nazi insult by another nazi insult) :/

@Cult Icon Do you read other media outside of the US (like French, Italian or Spanish media)?  I read the Anglo-saxon, French and sometimes Italian press. The anglo-saxon press is often of poor quality (not just in the US, but the Canadian or British media as well).

4 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

There are news of the huge number, XX,XXX Ukr civilians that have been transported into Russia.., I suspect that this willful or unwillful(kidnapping) movement of civilians will be used as a bargaining chip for Russia.

I've seen reports of Mayors being abducted, but not civilians. If true, it's interesting. Do you have the source of this info?

8 hours ago, Matt! said:

What's strange to me is that he apologized to everyone else but Rock in his acceptance speech. Ugh. 

Now he could lose his Oscar. 

https://nypost.com/2022/03/28/could-will-smith-lose-his-oscar-over-chris-rock-slap/

I used to love The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Now, he's just another smug millionaire, giving lessons to everybody, virtue signalling, being self-centered, like basically most of those Hollywood pretenders (not to mention that they're all woke cultists).

The only good thing in these Oscars is when Ricky Gervais tell these fake people a couple of home truths.:nicole:

BTW, it's possible that the Will Smith thing was staged... just to push people to comment these fake awards that very few people care about these days.

The aristocrats want the plebs to care about their problems... Remember this publicity stunt? :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

That's a pretty good sign. It seems that neutrality and Donbas are the key aspects of this war (I say "it seems" because there is a lot of deceptions). At the same time, it's clear that the Russian army can't handle the whole country of Ukraine, and it's highly probable that they will focus on Donbas, Crimea and strategic harbours.

There are signs that they both need a peace (or the costs of war will rise).

There are two narratives going on in the US/UK media and Russian media.  The US/UK media is guillible, heavily manipulated by Ukrainian mlitary propaganda, by their gov't and General staff plus the fact that the Western journalists are in Northern theater.  The message is also being influenced by invisible "senior US defense officials" and the sudden appearance of 'experts' and retired US generals promoting a narrative.

However the elephant in the room has always shown that the decisive theater was the Donbas and from the Russian state-controlled media was focused on the Donbas as being the main effort.   In general the Russians were much more successful in the East and South.  So to the Russian people this "change" in strategic direction is no great revelation.   However, I think the Russian MOD lied when they said that they never wanted to take Kyiv and other major cities in the North.  It is obvious that this was Plan A.  The Russian leadership thought that the Ukrainians would give up without much of a fight so  they organized and supplied their forces for a quick 2-week blitz, and when that failed, it was plan B- Taking the Donbas with attacks on all directions to fix the bulk of the Ukr military.

Further:

"“Taking into account the principles discussed today, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, in order to increase mutual trust and create the necessary conditions for further negotiations... A decision was made to drastically reduce military activity in the Kiev and Chernigov directions.

We proceed from the fact that relevant key decisions will be made in Kyiv and conditions will have to be created for further normal work,” said Russian Deputy Defense Minister Alexander Fomin."

This is expected as in the past few days the Russian forces in the Northern theater shifted into strategic defense.  They are also pulling out Russian formations encircling Kyiv and other key cities, either to 1. withdraw them completely 2. shift them to the offensive in the Donbas.  I think the Russian army cannot continue much longer without declaring all-out war on Ukraine.  They simply do not have enough forces and have to maintain the propaganda line that this is only a "special military operation" with "no use of conscripts".

An indication of the shortage of forces is the lack of huge new Russian reserves for a second offensive and how they had 3 Naval infantry brigades commited.  One fighting in Mariupol and two others are in operational reserve.    I think the Russian generals knew this from the get-go, that their forces are sufficient only for the Donbas, the Northern theater (Plan A) was driven by politics.  Mariupol is a good indication of what their capabilities are- they can only fight one big urban battle at a time, and it takes a long time to do so.