Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 2/14/2020 at 4:32 PM, Stromboli1 said:

You're welcome, Season 2 is even better.

I just started Season 2 of the Orville and I'm still watching ST Picard.

Something's striking me (besides the huge difference in writing quality): the characters in the Orville are all supportive, they all really like each other, even when they have little fights, they feel like a real team....

....while in ST Picard they are all defiant (particularly women towards Picard: I guess you earn virtue points when you insult old men in 2020...), which is very representative of their political postmodernism: everybody hate each other and leave a field of ruins. Funnily, characters in the show believe in conspiracy theories  (like their creators who believe in a conspiracy theory in the real world, called the "patriarchy" :rolleyes:)

----

I still think that Picard music is better though (the music guy is a real talent)

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

@Stromboli1  Let's get ready for Indianette Jones, the Doctor in Gender Studies :rofl:

After introducing aliens in Indiana Jones (literally and figuratively :rolleyes:), everything is possible anyway...:nicole:

Won't watch, very few people are asking for another movie anyway.

I just started Season 2 of the Orville and I'm still watching ST Picard.

Something's striking me (besides the huge difference in writing quality): the characters in the Orville are all supportive, they all really like each other, even when they have little fights, they feel like a real team....

....while in ST Picard they are all defiant (particularly women towards Picard: I guess you earn virtue points when you insult old men in 2020...), which is very representative of their political postmodernism: everybody hate each other and leave a field of ruins. Funnily, characters in the show believe in conspiracy theories  (like their creators who believe in a conspiracy theory in the real world, called the "patriarchy" :rolleyes:)

----

I still think that Picard music is better though (the music guy is a real talent)

Good!

I'll never watch Picard as idiots run Star Trek now which they don't respect the vision of Star Trek. What should I bother for if they don't respect Star Trek? :idk:

Picard is slowly getting "Luked" by Kurtzman........ just like another fan favorite character :banghead:

I get the feeling Patrick Stewart doesn't really care about Picard like Mark Hamill cared about Luke.

Happy, I turn back to the nurse house with families. In job, I really prefer stay with people than only pc and numbers ( I didi it in past I was depressed)

Well Aniston and Pitt maybe fly together, they could fly to Spain again. I like this couple, they seem happy together

18 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I get the feeling Patrick Stewart doesn't really care about Picard like Mark Hamill cared about Luke.

I think Stewart likes Picard, but he believes in Kurtzman's political crap: he's a male, so he's genetically guilty and he should atone for his sins (all men are sinners in their political cult...:rolleyes:). Hamill doesn't believe in this cult, he has more hindsight.

It's painful to see how they're pissing on Picard. By the way, Kurtzman is demeaning a French character, do you think I should call him a bigot and a "-ist" for that?:rofl:

Won't watch, very few people are asking for another movie anyway.

They're gender swapping and politicizing a beloved character, that's such an original and ethical strategy, how could it not work...? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll never watch Picard as idiots run Star Trek now which they don't respect the vision of Star Trek. What should I bother for if they don't respect Star Trek? :idk:

I like this guy and his vision on the last episode is spot on! Especially what he says on the atmosphere. Kurtzman's Trek is so hopeless, full of hate/anger, full of... resentment. It's typical post-modernism.

Nevertheless, I have to stress, once again, that the music composer is awesome. This guy deserves all the compliments in the world, his music is a piece of art. The costume designers are also really good. All these talented people should work with better directors.

I think Stewart likes Picard, but he believes in Kurtzman's political crap: he's a male, so he's genetically guilty and he should atone for his sins (all men are sinners in their political cult...:rolleyes:). Hamill doesn't believe in this cult, he has more hindsight.

It's painful to see how they're pissing on Picard. By the way, Kurtzman is demeaning a French character, do you think I should call him a bigot and a "-ist" for that?:rofl:

Stewart doesn't like the Orange Man and Brexit though.

Hamill is a huge Hollywood lefty (look at his social media), but he knows that story comes first, not identity politics.

They're gender swapping and politicizing a beloved character, that's such an original and ethical strategy, how could it not work...? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It'll fail!

I like this guy and his vision on the last episode is spot on! Especially what he says on the atmosphere. Kurtzman's Trek is so hopeless, full of hate/anger, full of... resentment. It's typical post-modernism.

Kurtzman's & JJ's Trek isn't Star Trek, Rodenberry is rolling over in his grave.

11 minutes ago, Matt! said:

Yes, thank you :blush: I've no idea where it's from (could be photoshopped too), but it fits really nicely as an avatar :blush:

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/53277-lorena-rae/?do=findComment&comment=3840205

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/53277-lorena-rae/?do=findComment&comment=3840211

How weird though we call it a virtual world, I still remember my online friends and members here in BZ.It's been more than four years of almost complete absence (except shortly logging in 2018) but I still remember people here;frenchkiki,fashiondream,tzdon(oh I miss you so much German calm guy,i know you won't read this as it's not of your fav places here😀😀),single lady,pinkcouture,jennka,Iluvparpara or adriana now😍

I miss the place so much,I never forgot it,every now and then it came to my mind weirdly though.What is good about this is that I have been so busy doing other great things and going forward in my studies and career.