Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

Sorry if I was not very clear about the tzarevitch, I was trying to ask myself wether or not the journalist was making a parallel between Justin and this character. I sometimes get lost in the train of my ideas here in this forum :blush: I asked my russian boyfriend about the tzarevitch in russian fairytales, he told me it's a stupid character who is very lucky and always manages to cope with everything in spite of his stupidity.

Well I know it's futile, trying to understand the parallel drawn by this journalist between Natalia's life and a fairytale is not the best thing to speculate on.

I really thought all these paintings previously posted were made by Justin :blink: ( except the ones on the bottom left). I was also convinced he had paint the one with Natalia looking at the red square.

As we all agree, we know nothing of what is going on. I don't like the way Justin is being portrayed either, because he's not there to give his side of the story, but, to be honest, Justin is arguably light years beyond that. His life doesn't much depend on media or public approval; no matter what his (ex) wife says, he's filthy rich, he has a gazillion friends, he will move on to whatever direction he pleases. I have a feeling he already has. She might say these things, he most probably doesn't much care or resent. Justin's life is above and beyond Tatler, Vogue, whatever. This is her thing, not his. He doesn't need to explain himself, to give his side of the story. He's a Portman, for Pete's sake, he doesn't need to look good to us. The world in which he inhabits is his; he was born into it. If he felt he needed vindication, "friends" would be speaking for him to the press right now. We all know how this works.

As I see it, the highest probability is that Justin was the one to call it quits. Natalia seemed very happy and content in her marriage, which suited her to a T. He was always with her, always keeping her company. She looked happy and in love, and the couple's life pretty much orbitated around her. So, it's logical to assume that Justin might have reached a point where he was no longer that happy and content, and decided to do his own thing. They perhaps entered some sort of trial separation (not a divorce). I'd say Natalia agreed, assuming that he needed time and space, and that things would hopefully end up going back to the way they always were. One year and a half later the matter is not settled yet? Maybe.

I don't blame Justin for quitting, if he did; he's a pretty decent guy who was in love and most probably did the best he could. I have the feeling he was the one to leave the fairy tale and I wouldn't be surprised if he did. As much as he might have loved Natalia, the role of Prince Charming did nothing for him.

I'm thinking of that memorable quote, "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Natalia is trying to keep civil, and she is, for the most part. There's something bothering her inside, however, and she needs to blurt it out; since she apparently can't, or won't, she keeps dropping hints, she's feeling different, whatever. She could have said so much more, if she really wanted to trash him or their marriage. Her "grievances" as a wife are not that bad, and she even tried to justify his behaviour in some instances. I suppose she's frustrated, sad, lonely. I'll cut her some slack (I wouldn't be surprised if Justin is cutting her some slack, too).

Well, here again, another futile exercise in speculation. :blush: I just wish them both happiness. :(

I totally agree with all of this, especially the part that she is 'a woman scorned'... in a way, for her, it is almost a public ''''humiliation'''' and she is trying to rebuild that perfect fairy tale image while making him appear in a poorer light so she can go on unharmed herself in a way.

It's true we don't know Justin, but we have eyes to see and we saw how he was always by her side and discrete, leaving her in the spotlight and behaving like a gentleman. (in fact, hardly ever saying a word)

I meet him once, had a very short chat with him. I thought he was exactly that: discrete and charming, a man of few words. I meet Natalia the same day (yes it's true :blush: ) and my impression was that she was a businesswoman. Humanly speaking I could not tell who she was. I meet the model, not the person. (I was a little dissapointed at the time, I imagined her warm and adorable, an angel.... she was not) I still thought she was pretty, as I do now, but the dream and out of this world part of it was gone for me.

This is why i defend Justin, but at the same time I do not say it's all her fault of course. (I'm sure she is suffering and I feel for her. But she is strong and will get through this) Just that she shouldn't allowed negative things being said about him, especially if when asked directly she says it's no one's business.

[quote name='Aliceinfashionland' date='May 22 2011, 08:45 AM' post='2544053'

I totally agree with all of this, especially the part that she is 'a woman scorned'... in a way, for her, it is almost a public ''''humiliation'''' and she is trying to rebuild that perfect fairy tale image while making him appear in a poorer light so she can go on unharmed herself in a way.

It's true we don't know Justin, but we have eyes to see and we saw how he was always by her side and discrete, leaving her in the spotlight and behaving like a gentleman. (in fact, hardly ever saying a word)

I meet him once, had a very short chat with him. I thought he was exactly that: discrete and charming, a man of few words. I meet Natalia the same day (yes it's true :blush: ) and my impression was that she was a businesswoman. Humanly speaking I could not tell who she was. I meet the model, not the person. (I was a little dissapointed at the time, I imagined her warm and adorable, an angel.... she was not) I still thought she was pretty, as I do now, but the dream and out of this world part of it was gone for me.

This is why i defend Justin, but at the same time I do not say it's all her fault of course. (I'm sure she is suffering and I feel for her. But she is strong and will get through this) Just that she shouldn't allowed negative things being said about him, especially if when asked directly she says it's no one's business.

Some years ago, a french writer, Frederic Beigbeder, wrote a book ; The story takes place in Russia, that's about an extremely beautiful young russian girl living with her mum in poor conditions and dreaming of being a model (quite similar life scheme as Natalia's). She is noticed by a french scoot, the hero, who falls in love with her, wants to bring her to France and make her a star.

Our Natalia is mentioned in the book (her early life), the russian heroin is often compared to her.

It's not high literature, some people dislike Beigbeder's writing style (sometimes a bit vulgar, very direct), and this book was criticized a lot (too many clichés about Russia) but anyway it might be interesting/funny to read it when you're a Natalia fan !

post-43687-1306412154_thumb.jpg

via ANV

"Untouched

NATALIA VODIANOVA, Raquel Zimmermann and Edie Campbell are among top models to star in a new collection of black and white untouched images, celebrating the official launch of Viva Model agency in London. Each of the company's girls has been photographed by Scott Trindle - without any make-up, hair or styling.

(...)"

"Untouched

NATALIA VODIANOVA, Raquel Zimmermann and Edie Campbell are among top models to star in a new collection of black and white untouched images, celebrating the official launch of Viva Model agency in London. Each of the company's girls has been photographed by Scott Trindle - without any make-up, hair or styling.

(...)"

I enjoy the idea of Untouched - so refreshing compared to the hundreds photo-brushed images of these beautiful young women. Even Natalia's little bruise on the leg looks cute and realistic. I like her facial expression - contemplative and calm.