Bellazon

Cindy Crawford
Thumbnail

Marsnoop

Given the number of frames that you would expect Hispard would have shot with Cindy, it's surprising that one and only one made it into the actual swimsuit issue. This is the second of the two total published in SI that we are aware of. Sometimes the shots just turn out crummy and you don't find out until too late, but why they only printed these two is a story I'd like to hear.

Cindy said that there were problems between Jule Campbell and her, practically a catfight so she was not surprised about seeing only one picture published, they were discussing about the outfits that Cindy would wear but Jule, editor of the swimsuit issue - didn't like opinions from the models.

Wow, just noticed this; thanks to both of you. Now I don't feel so sorry for Jule Campbell anymore. My understanding is that she was pushed out - is that true?

I believe the first picture below is that one shot, and it's a stunner. But isn't the second one a take from the same shoot?

post-20341-1314753628_thumb.jpgpost-20341-1314753644_thumb.jpg

... one and only one made it into the actual swimsuit issue ...

Wow, just noticed this; thanks to both of you. Now I don't feel so sorry for Jule Campbell anymore. My understanding is that she was pushed out - is that true?

I believe the first picture below is that one shot, and it's a stunner. But isn't the second one a take from the same shoot?

post-20341-1314753628_thumb.jpgpost-20341-1314753644_thumb.jpg

Hi.

1. Cindy in SISE.

No, the picture you posted (left) is not the one we are aware of. If that was published in SISE, or any SI calendar, we are not aware of it.

The one picture of Cindy published in SISE we are aware of is a full-length shot of Cindy in profile, standing in the shallow pool of a fountain.

Cindy is also the December page of the 1989 Sports Illustrated wall calendar: photographed by Marc Hispard, she is wearing a yellow and blue maillot.

The second picture you posted (right) we cannot positively source. Sorry. As far as we know, it is not from any SI magazine issue or calendar.

Try http://www.famamoca.com/ and search in SISE and Calendars for Cindy Crawford.

2. Jule Campbell.

I don't the answer to whether she was pushed out, or what happened. I have read many, many issues of SI, and have specifically looked for an issue which might have mentioned her exit or retirement, and thanked her or wished her well or similar. That blurb and/or magazine may exist, but I haven't found it.

It's hard to tell what the truth is just from watching a video. To me, I think it's sort of the lesson, or "a" lesson, of "reality" television, that content can be edited in a way to make people look more or less heroic or petty or whatever. When I met Niki Taylor, she said something just like that, about the editing of a reality television program she had appeared in. I thought something had been one way, and she said she thought it was (literally) the opposite.

Again, I don't know what the truth is, but watching the SISE videos, I have a fairly positive impression of Jule Campbell. The one thing that stands out to me is a segment where Jule is with Carol Alt, and if I remember correctly, Walter Iooss Jr. Jule tells Walter that this particular suit Carol is wearing is to be photographed from the front only, that they can make a statement with it that way. And Carol agrees. In that segment, and others, I just got the impression that Jule was looking out for the models, and sensitive to what they were comfortable with. The impression I got.

And I would say, on the other side, she (Jule) has an unintentionally funny segment with Jay Maisel, while he is photographing (or trying to photograph) Elle Macpherson. I think it's the 1989 video. Maisel is a great photographer, I think he has photo credits in SISE going back to at least 1967, and here Jule is nagging him in 1988, instructing him about how to communicate with a model he is photographing. :)

Cindy Crawford in Roberto Cavalli

Cindy Crawford, George Clooney’s guest at Lake Como, chose to wear a Roberto Cavalli dress. The photo was taken on Monday August 29, 2011.

f55d70147413456.jpg a77f3b147413431.jpg

Cindy Crawford chose to wear a Roberto Cavalli dress to attend the 18th Annual Race To Erase MS Event, held on April 29, 2011 in Century City, California.

7bc1ed147413450.jpg

Cindy Crawford chose to wear a total look Roberto Cavalli on occasion of her visit on the set of ‘EXTRA’, on October 25th 2010 at The Grove in Los Angeles, California.

92280a147413443.jpg

Roberto Cavalli dress at the London premiere of Fantastic Mr. Fox.

579f30147413869.jpg

http://elegant.me/?p=14768

http://www.robertocavalliblog.com/tag/cind...oberto-cavalli/

http://www.robertocavalliblog.com/cindy-cr...erto-cavalli-3/