Bellazon

Cindy Crawford
Thumbnail

Marsnoop

"MODECLAT BIJOUX EN TROMPE L´OEIL" - french Madame Figaro 17. October 1987 #13415 by Mike Reinhardt

post-21846-1266772265_thumb.jpg post-21846-1266771983_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately the editorial wasn´t complete when I got the magazine. There are also Stephanie Seymour, Yasmin Le Bon and a unknown model shown (see above). I have no idea if this missing page did show an/other picture/s of Cindy.

Anyone knows this model in the last image? Any infos to solve this riddle are welcome!

:wave:

e4228ffa9e57.jpg

c5fad20b8ce1.jpg

Does anybody else I love the big eyebrows that Cindy had in her earlier pictures? They made her face more dramatic somehow, played off well with her thick, fabulous hair, and contributed to that almost "outlaw" look that she had as a model. By "outlaw" I just mean that before her, high-fashion models were expected to be beautiful, but not firecracker-sexy like she was. She really changed the business IMO.

Of course, she came out in the 80s (though everyone thinks of her as a 90s model), and that was when Madonna was sporting her bushy eyebrows and affecting fashion. Brooke Shields was that way too. That'd be an interesting research topic of fashion and social history: unplucked sex symbols through the decades. ;)