Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

Time is freaking out about the leak. Thank god it wasn't us who released it first. >.< Atm they're doing everything they can to cover up the photo from hitting the internet and they aren't doing a good job. Forbes, Huffington, TMZ... (and a million other places) all have it up lol

Let me get this clear, Brooklyn NEVER said she was getting the cover, she didn't know she was getting the cover until the very last minute O.o. The cover was leaked though, but that had absolutely nothing to do with Brooklyn

& congratulations to Kate, while I'm still no 100% convinced about the cover it does look a lot better than it did on my phone and it's also a lot better than last year's. I'm happy for her, she deserves it, she worked her ass off in 2012 and had a strong year

Mercedes-Benz says Kate Upton Super Bowl ad has boosted brand's profile with young buyers

ORLANDO, Fla. — The U.S. chief of Mercedes-Benz said the company’s Super Bowl commercial and an online-only teaser video with Michigan model Kate Upton had boosted the luxury automaker’s appeal with younger consumers.

“There’s a method to that madness because we’re trying to reach out to younger buyers, not just the folks who have considered Mercedes-Benz,” Mercedes-Benz USA President Stephen Cannon said at the J.D. Power & Associates International Automotive Roundtable here.

The German brand, a division of Daimler, highlighted its all-new CLA-Class sedan on Super Bowl Sunday, one of its first cars to be priced slightly below $30,000.

Fully equipped, the new model can cost up to $40,000.

The CLA, which will hit showrooms in September, heightens the competition in the luxury marketplace against fellow German competitors BMW and Audi.

Meanwhile, General Motors last month won the North American Car of the Year award for the Cadillac ATS, a CLA competitor, and Ford is seeking to revitalize the Lincoln brand with compact and midsize models.

“We’re going to have to duke it out,” Cannon said.

Mercedes-Benz drew attention to the CLA-Class with a Super Bowl ad featuring Upton, musical artist Usher and actor Willem Dafoe. Before the game, the brand released a teaser ad showing Upton, a former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, walking tantalizingly toward a group of car-washing men.

The Upton ad, now viewed more than 13 million times, according to Mercedes-Benz, stirred some angst too.

“She playfully flirted with the camera and then came up to the CLA and said you missed a spot,” Cannon said. “So it was pretty tame. Prime time nowadays has gotten very racy, so I felt this was not too far for the brand.”

Appealing to younger buyers is a priority for Mercedes-Benz, Cannon said. He said the average age of a Mercedes-Benz buyer is 50, but he told reporters that he expects to “drive that significantly lower” with the CLA.

But Mercedes-Benz knows most of its buyers will still be 40 and older.

“It’s not like we’re trying to become a kid car,” he said.

Though the CLA-Class got a boost from the Super Bowl ad, Mercedes-Benz, which previously paid for naming rights to the Louisiana Superdome, took some flak when about half the dome's lights went out early in the third-quarter.

“It’s funny how many texts I got that said why didn’t you pay the electrical bill,” Cannon said. Fortunately, the game's momentum shifted toward San Francisco after the blackout, meaning more people were watching when the Mercedes-Benz ad aired in the fourth quarter.