Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

Deleted bashing comment.

No Flaming/Bashing

Don't personally attack other members or the staff. We also ask that you please refrain from the bashing of any celebrity, model, and etc. featured on the forum. Bashing includes making offensive comments, or saying something offensive related to a person. Check BZ rules HERE ***Edited by MauiKane

good lawddddddddddddddddddddddddddd, totally NOT A COOL COMMENT, she isnt couture/high fashion, she is a Swim suit model, along with under-things, and clothes, she doesnt have to be a size double zero to do the work she does, and to call someone a fatty simple because they voice an opinion is just down right RUDE :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Woah I agree comment totally uncalled for!! She has THE PERFECT body for what she does. If she was a high fashion model, she of course would need to be skinnier, but shes not, shes a lingere and swimsuit model, and her curves look perfect in a bikini and lingere. She has such a great shape for the modeling she does.

Shes got a body that I would die for!! ;)

I'm glad I didn't see the comment :ninja: I hate the worlds obsession with size, it makes so many people miserable :dontgetit::cain: I can't believe how thin you have to be in this business that Kate is considered plus size :blink:

btw those Guess pics are gorgeous :wub:

I like her I really do! :heart: But she is a cupcake away from being a plus size model!

By today's standards, Marilyn Monroe is a plus-size model.

No complaints here :)

, Mike

so true! shows how times ahve changed. though i prefer the "plus size" than if Kate and Marilyn are grouped in that.

I like her I really do! :heart: But she is a cupcake away from being a plus size model!

, Mike

Technically, while Marilyn was about a size 12, that is vintage sizing which is much smaller than modern sizing. By today's sizing, she would've been about a size 4. At her heaviest, Lara Stone was a size 4, and she (while perhaps the only exception) was not/is not considered a plus sized model.

So really... that Marilyn argument is just something girls use to make themselves better (which is fine) but a size 12 then is not a size 12 now.

, Mike

so true! shows how times ahve changed. though i prefer the "plus size" than if Kate and Marilyn are grouped in that.

Agreed 100% - Marilyn will always be the definition of "sex symbol" & Kate's nice to look at, also, even if she isn't shaped like a number 2 pencil ;)

, Mike

, Mike

Technically, while Marilyn was about a size 12, that is vintage sizing which is much smaller than modern sizing. By today's sizing, she would've been about a size 4. At her heaviest, Lara Stone was a size 4, and she (while perhaps the only exception) was not/is not considered a plus sized model.

So really... that Marilyn argument is just something girls use to make themselves better (which is fine) but a size 12 then is not a size 12 now.

I make clothing and they just so happen to be vintage styled using prints handed down to me by my grandmother. A size 12 back in the day is about a size 7-8-9 now (depending on the cut of the garment). Either way a size 8-10 is about average now... nothing wrong with that. Most models sit between a 0 to 4 with Tyra Banks at her heaviest between a 6 to 8, which was about Marilyn's size.

If I had to make a guess I'd say Kate fluctuates between a 5 (when she's on the more toned) and a 6 when she hasn't worked out. Hardly plus sized lol, however sadly enough by "fashion" standards if Kate puts anymore weight on "technically" she could be considered pushing plus sized....