Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

she is close to perfect as most models can get. love watching her walk and those hips swaying. gawd!!!!!!

plus, she looks happy doing this. alot of these mdoels just seem like they are too stuck up and have tudes all the time. KAte looks very happy go lucky.

Modelinia Exclusive: Celebrating Swimsuit Season with Kate Upton!

It’s official. We’re set when it comes to swimsuit shopping next summer - as are you!

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim is regularly filled with bountiful sets of enviable bikinis, but this year was extra special for two reasons. Both Chrissy Teigen and Kate Upton debuted their swimwear collaborations with diNeila and Beach Bunny, respectively!

While Chrissy and diNeila held an event at The Raleigh Hotel to show off her creations, Kate walked the Beach Bunny runway to show off her specially designed suit. Modelinia caught up with Kate to discuss the collaboration and her move into the design world!

"How did the collaboration between you and Beach Bunny come together?

I have been lucky enough to have worked for Beach Bunny for a year now and we have a great relationship, so when they asked me if I would be interested in designing a collection of my own I jumped at the opportunity! This is my favorite swimwear company and they were so helpful in the process which makes everything easier your first time designing.

What was your inspiration for your designs?

My favorite campaign I have done for them was the fun Bridal Campaign. My first swimsuit, which has more of a glamorous edge, is inspired by the Jimmy Choos I wore during one of the shots.

What cut is your favorite for swimsuits?

Since shooting for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit I’ve realized it’s more fun to have a tiny bikini. I love triangle cut tops and string bikini bottoms. I also love Beach Bunny’s lingerie inspired lace bottoms.

When you first started modeling, did you ever think it would turn into designing?

I have always been interested in design but I never knew modeling could lead to this opportunity until I started working for Beach Bunny.

Do you have any plans to design more?

I hope to design more! It’s a lot of fun and I have always had an interest in designing. When I use to show horses I would always sketch out designs for my next show outfit.

How do you stay bikini ready through the year?

I work out with my personal trainer Justin Gelband and I try to keep up a nice tan throughout the year.

What’s your favorite thing about Beach Bunny’s collections?

I love Beach Bunny’s lingerie inspired suits; they are so unique and sexy. I always felt sexier in lingerie than bathing suits, but now I can wear bathing suits that look like lingerie! Best of both worlds. ;)"