Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

MIRANDA KERR IS BAZAAR'S JUNE COVER STAR

The supermodel talks to Avril Mair about managing work, marriage and motherhood, and why she remains an optimist at heart ...

By Sarah Karmali 30 April 2014

attachicon.gifb8ryp9b8y958ybh9.jpg

Businesswoman, mother and social media star – not to mention one of the world’s highest-paid models – Miranda Kerr is also determined. “There’s nothing in my way once I make up my mind,” she tells Mair on the day of Harper's Bazaar's June cover shoot. “Bossy? I can be. I like to be direct. My son’s bossy, too.”

The 31-year-old was first catapulted to international fame thanks to a lucrative contract with Victoria’s Secret, and since then she’s never looked back – walking the catwalks of Balenciaga, Stella McCartney and Chanel, and working with brands as diverse as Miu Miu and Maybelline.

“I used to be in two different countries every single week,” she says. “I made a conscious decision to shift gears. I’m very much a people-pleaser at heart – I feel that if everyone else is happy, then I’m happy – but I’m learning the power of saying no and putting my foot down.” (She parted ways with Victoria’s Secret last year because the role demanded too much).

attachicon.gifp9568hup9568yh.jpg

An eternal optimist, Kerr radiates a sunny positivity and sense of calm despite enduring a tough six months: she split from husband Orlando Bloom in October 2013 following a three-year marriage. 

“Everyone goes through challenging periods in their life,” she says. “That’s inevitable and it’s part of being human. I feel like it’s a daily process of being positive. All these experiences make me into the person I am. The tough days make the positive days even more beautiful. The challenging days add more depth and strength of character.”

attachicon.gif845uh9485yh98u.jpg

Read the full interview with Miranda Kerr in the June 2014 issue of Harper’s Bazaar, out now.

Source: harpersbazaar.co.uk

More HB's interview from dailymail:

'It's something that's a choice and I have different tools, like meditation, even prayer - my grandmother taught me to pray when I was young  - and just finding that inner peace.'

Miranda also revealed that she is on great terms with the father of her only child, three-year-old Flynn'Well, we are very good,' she said. 'We speak every day. We're really close, we're going to be a family for ever and we really do love one each other. 

Adding: 'We have genuine love and respect for each other. We're very connected and I feel grateful for that. 'We created something beautiful together and we both remind ourselves how lucky we are to have that. And yeah, it's good. He's a great dad. I'm lucky.'

'The older I get, the more of a perfectionist I become. I feel like I can do better, you know? There's always room for improvement. I like to get constructive criticism and I love when people are honest.'

Miranda is arguably most proud of her little boy and she tells the magazine: 'He has so much love around him. That's why he feels he can express himself and be free. 'All he knows in the world is love. So cheeky and charming already. You notice his little British accent? Like his dad."