Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

^ That's probably really it Mich.

The original Arch-Angels all brought something new:

Heidi (as you said) - the healthy image of a model

Gisele - the curvey model (diferent than the stick models like Kate Moss) and she started our obsession of Brazilian girls

Tyra - first African American to get SI cover.

They all had that same healthy, sexy, curve look to them. And they were new at that time.

yeah, Marisa was one of their better choices. I won't start on the topic of how stupid I think it was for them to get rid of Iza, but at the same time why so much promotion with Selita. (I like Selita, but I don't know why she's gotten so much more press).

Now I'm probably a little biased here, but hear me out, I think I make a good point.

Selita and Iza started at the same time. But Iza was more on top than Selita. Getting wings everytime, closing segments, being in the opening segments. And then they lose Iza and keep Selita. But more than that, she wears the fantasy bra in 07. ??????? Why? I mean I would say she wasn't there long enough to get it, but since KK got it in 02 I can't really say that. But KK was big, Selita not so much. I hate to say this (and I don't mean this racistly) but it seems like they gave Selita the bra becasue she was the only African American angel after Tyra left. But still, that goes with my point. If they felt like they needed someone to fill Tyra's spot why make her an Angel, instead of someone like Oluchi or Naomi who did tons of VS in the past.

You see my point?

I guess I just really miss Tyra. She brought such an unstoppable force to the runway, and I'll always love her Flamenco segment opening in 2002.

Anyway, just to finish my point on SI. Some might say SI models should stay with SI. But think of this, if that was so, we wouldn't have Tyra, Heidi, and a bunch of others. A lot might say VS can really propel someone's career, but SI always gives the popularity a huge boost. Having VS and SI is a great combo.

Yeah I know. If Heidi could stay with VS for a long time, and might I bring up Naomi, I know she isn't with VS or anything but that woman is well into her 30's (isn't she almost 40?) and she is still modeling. I don't see why Tyra couldn't do it. I guess its because she has so many other projects, which is a great thing by the way. :thumbsup:

Yor're not the only one that misses Tyra, Joe. I was watching VSFS 01 yesterday, Tyra and her hair flick :hehe: .

The problem when it comes to angels (and VS models) is that up to 05/06, they had real SUPERMODELS (Gisele, Tyra etc.) and now they are getting old, and the new girls really aren't doing very well filling they're shoes :whistle: :ninja:

Yeah, Selita and the Fantasy Bra were not a good match, she should'nt have got it (BEFORE ALE AND ADRI?? :pinch: :no: :mad: ). But 2007 wasn't a great year when it comes to VS :whistle: .

It was Iza's choice to leave VS (though I'm gona miss her stickin out her lil booty), so I'm not going to make any comments about that :ninja:

Now I'm probably a little biased here, but hear me out, I think I make a good point.

Selita and Iza started at the same time. But Iza was more on top than Selita. Getting wings everytime, closing segments, being in the opening segments. And then they lose Iza and keep Selita. But more than that, she wears the fantasy bra in 07. ??????? Why? I mean I would say she wasn't there long enough to get it, but since KK got it in 02 I can't really say that. But KK was big, Selita not so much. I hate to say this (and I don't mean this racistly) but it seems like they gave Selita the bra becasue she was the only African American angel after Tyra left. But still, that goes with my point. If they felt like they needed someone to fill Tyra's spot why make her an Angel, instead of someone like Oluchi or Naomi who did tons of VS in the past.

You see my point?

I guess I just really miss Tyra. She brought such an unstoppable force to the runway, and I'll always love her Flamenco segment opening in 2002.

Anyway, just to finish my point on SI. Some might say SI models should stay with SI. But think of this, if that was so, we wouldn't have Tyra, Heidi, and a bunch of others. A lot might say VS can really propel someone's career, but SI always gives the popularity a huge boost. Having VS and SI is a great combo.

^ correct. And that Iza stuff wasn't insulting. :flower:

It was her choice to leave. And it truly shows that she has abitions and doesn't want to stall her career.

But if you think, that was always around. The tiers of Brazilians. It used to be Gisele, Ana, Ale, Adri. And for 05 and 06 Iza was in 5th.

The reason why I'm surprised (I knew when push came to shove, VS would keep Ale and Adri over Iza due to seniority, and as far as Selita like you said, she 's the only black Angel.

What surprised me is this:

As you said the past models are getting old (still look smokingly sexy, but you know what I mean) Sad to say, Ale and Adri won't be with VS forever. VS needed to have a newer brazilian to fill their spot. I think that's what they originally intended. They need to start getting new angels broken in.

But as you said, Iza chose to break her contract. VS wasn't giving her much at that time and she didn't want to sit around waiting. She has ambitions. Now it might be possible that in due time, perhaps VS might resign Iza (anything is possible). We shall see what the future holds. But no matter what, we have to have faith in our favorite models and in VS that they will all make the right choices. Even if that model and VS don't always go together.

Yeah, KK is awesome. As I said she and Gisele complemented each other perfect. Remember the 2005 opening. The look KK and Gisele gave each other. Ooh la la on vsholic shoutbox put it best. It's like they're saying "Let's show them how it's done". :nicole:

Angel has become a watered down term. i think that at most 6 should be the limit.

The word Angel has become a joke now, there is nothing exciting or exclusive about it as how it was when Gisele/Tyra were there.

In my opinion Karolina was probably the only good choice for an angel post 2005. Doutzen is good too, but it seems so crowded having 9 so called angels.

I also feel that the Brazilian era is over, at least for the time being. The concentration is now on Europeans, especially eastern Europeans. I wouldn't be surprised if the next angel is from there. It's a cycle I guess.

They do kind of go in cycles. Brazil will always be the top for me though. But you're right, I have noticed that trend lately. We shall see what the future holds.

Yeah, KK is awesome. As I said she and Gisele complemented each other perfect. Remember the 2005 opening. The look KK and Gisele gave each other. Ooh la la on vsholic shoutbox put it best. It's like they're saying "Let's show them how it's done". :nicole:

Angel has become a watered down term. i think that at most 6 should be the limit.

Agree, they did complement each other quite well. Karolina's track was very similar to that of Gisele, though obviously Gisele was much bigger, but Karolina accomplished a lot in high fashion.

I would say stick with 5, but 6 is ok as well.

In my opinion Karolina was probably the only good choice for an angel post 2005.

Except that she's been just as much of a dud popularity-wise as Izabel and Selita. I mean, what's the point in signing models with no American appeal and can't keep their figure? Same with Doutzen. VS just needs to bite the bullet and reduce the Angels to the group most proven with the public: Heidi, Adri, Ale, Marisa, and Miranda (and maybe Selita if you want to keep a black Angel). It's the most logical decision.

But if you think, that was always around. The tiers of Brazilians. It used to be Gisele, Ana, Ale, Adri. And for 05 and 06 Iza was in 5th.

Just a correction. I didn't mean them in that order. I just started with famous past and ended with the biggest recent. No offense to Adri fans putting her last.

If I wanted to really list them...

....I would put it Gisele/Adriana (very close) , Ale, Ana.

So once again I didn't mean any disrespect to Adri fans or anyone. :wave:

I rarely list with a meaning, it's tip of my tongue usually.

In my opinion Karolina was probably the only good choice for an angel post 2005.

Except that she's been just as much of a dud popularity-wise as Izabel and Selita. I mean, what's the point in signing models with no American appeal and can't keep their figure? Same with Doutzen. VS just needs to bite the bullet and reduce the Angels to the group most proven with the public: Heidi, Adri, Ale, Marisa, and Miranda (and maybe Selita if you want to keep a black Angel). It's the most logical decision.

You know, i think you're totally right! ... But i have to add Kk to your list.

Maybe Doutzen is biiiig on HF, but i think that she wasn't a good choice for an angel, i think she's very cute but she doesn't have that "something" that people loves about the Angels ...

In fact, i don't like Miranda at all ... But i think that people likes her & i can get why she's an Angel ...

Heidi, Adri & Ale ... No comments, they're all perfect for VS

Marisa ... WOW! For me she's the perfect piece for VS, im so happy that she's an Angel, i totally love her & im pretty sure that all America loves her too.

& think Selita is cute, but as Doutzen ... I don't see that something that the angels have

BTW ... Is Behati an Angel or what?! ... She's w/the Angels on the VS Official site! Hummm i think she's very very very pretty & she's perfect for PINK, but once again she's not a good Angel choice.

Just a correction. I didn't mean them in that order. I just started with famous past and ended with the biggest recent. No offense to Adri fans putting her last.

If I wanted to really list them...

....I would put it Gisele/Adriana (very close) , Ale, Ana.

So once again I didn't mean any disrespect to Adri fans or anyone. :wave:

I rarely list with a meaning, it's tip of my tongue usually.

Don't worry CandyBoy ...

I rarely list w/a meaning too xD