Bellazon

Lukas Haas
Thumbnail

MartiniLush

Thank you, Helen I love how the haas brothers, all have the titty heart. I noticed that Simon's boyfriend, Chris, also has it. I want to be under the covers with Lukas ;) The picture from Vinnie's account, is so sexy.

So he is in Cannes! http://www.mobli.com...6/funny-seagull

Apropos Cannes: Meth Head will have a market screening there tomorrow afternoon.

Apropos Meth Head: It won a Silver Remi Award at Worldfest Houston. Also, here is an old interview I found with Wilson Cruz: http://jimhalterman....nd-life-in-nyc/

I did an independent film with Lukas Haas called Meth Head in which I play Lukas's partner and he destroys his life with crystal meth. It's an intense, intense film and I think probably one of the most important projects I've ever been a part of. To be working with Lukas again after 14 or 15 years after Johns, was incredible. He's an amazing actor and I think this could be a really important movie for him.

New review: http://www.movierevi...tival/meth-head

There were such strong performances from all the actors, but especially Lukas Haas. This is the first time I've seen such a multi-layered performance from him. The role of Kyle may be the most thoroughly developed character he's played to date. I feel this is the performance of his career. The characters are so multi-dimensional and well-developed, they were easy to relate to.

Nice blog about Lukas and Meth Head: http://www.bettergee...d.html?spref=tw also posted this video from the soundtrack:

And last but most interesting an interview with the director: http://sdgln.com/new...ctor-jane-clark

SDGLN: Did you have Lukas Haas in mind for the lead role as Kyle? What were his challenges in the role?

Lukas came to me late in the game, actually. I brought a casting director, Shannon Makhanian, on to help find someone for what is a very difficult role. I needed a combination of great talent with likability. She had suggested a few people that I was not overly enthused about, but as soon as she put Lukas on the table, I knew he was it. The only problem was he loved the script but didn’t want to do it. He just felt it was going to be too hard and I think he wasn’t confident he could pull it off. He turned me down, but I didn’t take that as an answer. I insisted he talked to me. We got on the phone, had a great conversation. His answer was he still didn’t think he could do it. I insisted that he meet me and at some point it seemed like that wasn’t going to happen. We were five days away from rehearsal, and I was just about to hire an unknown actor who I had auditioned, when I got the call that Lukas would meet with me. An hour later I was driving home and was told he was in. I’m not sure what I said to change his mind, but I am grateful he accepted the role and put his trust in me.

Lukas had several challenges. He’s straight, for one. I wanted the character to retain some of his Midwestern vibe and the idea that until he left home, and when he returns home to visit, being gay was not/is not something that he felt comfortable sharing with his family. That is actually a harder thing to play than say, a flamboyant character, because he had to show just enough to be believably gay, but not enough to make him overtly gay. On top of that, when Lukas used to use drugs they were downers – completely the opposite of methamphetamine, so he didn’t have a fame of reference. The other challenge for Lukas was that he was in almost every scene, and we were shooting in 14 days. So there was no downtime. He had to show up ready and stay ready all day, every day through the shoot – combined with really difficult emotional scenes, that was a huge drain on him.

I am sorry to bother you. But this is the most up to date information I can find on Lukas, his myspace page is worthless and his twitter account website is no longer working. But does anyone know if he is planning to continue with his music?

Welcome to Lukas' thread lifeislove. No bother at all. Lukas hasn't spent anytime on Myspace for a while and Twitter, was used for Mobli related links. He doesn't use Facebook as much either, he made a video a while ago, saying his account is always getting deactivated, because he's a "fake" person. Lukas uploaded this picture, 4 weeks ago on Mobli. As far as I can see, this looks promising.

post-71509-0-17497600-1370304978_thumb.p

Here is more French Open pics, from June 2nd.

post-71509-0-71924800-1370305053_thumb.ppost-71509-0-87026100-1370305070_thumb.ppost-71509-0-56861200-1370305087_thumb.p

Thanks for all the updates!!

Hi lifeislove! As I understand it, he is constantly working on his mysterious album in his studio when in LA, but if it ever materializes remains to be seen. A shame that Myspace died, he'd likely upload more music otherwise.

http://sdgln.com/new...VoJKzJY.twitter

"Meth Head" runs away with 2013 FilmOut awards

SAN DIEGO – “Meth Head” and “Raid Of The Rainbow Lounge” dominated the 2013 FilmOut LGBT Film Festival awards this year, along with audience-favorite "I Do."

The film festival, which ran from May 29 through June 2 at the Birch North Park Theatre, attracted record attendance and box office revenue, according to organizers.

“Meth Head,” a gritty and brutally honest movie about the scourge of meth addiction, won six total awards:

• Best Narrative Feature

• Best Director for Jane Clark

• Best Screenplay for Jane Clark

• Best Actor in a Feature Film for Lukas Haas

• Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Blake Berris

• Best Actress in Supporting Role for Necar Zadegan

Filmmaker Jane Clark said she was blown away by the six awards.

"I am truly humbled by the gift of honors that FilmOut has bestowed on me, our film, and the amazing actors who gave their trust, commitment and incredibly layered performances," she said. "We all gave the best of ourselves to this labor of love. To have that love returned six-fold reaffirms that the hard times and struggles are worth it."

Yay, seems like this might be a great film!