Bellazon

Natural Beauty Competiton

Why is everybody learning Spanish these days??? :laugh:

I've been to Sweden this summer and I was very surprised about how many people came and talk to me in Spanish when they heard me, I mean Swedish people and they talked really good, one of them told me 80% or more study it as their 3rd language at schools.

Potatoes omelette is "tortilla de patatas" or "tortilla española", it usually has just eggs, potatoes and onion.

Paella is the speciality in a city called Valencia, though it's very typical in the whole country too, it's rice and everything you can imagine in it, normally there are two versions, meat paella (usually chicken, rabbit...) or fish paella (sliced fish, shellfish, prawns).

Yes, "frijoles" is Mexican, we called them "judías" here, beans.

And as for the pigs, yep it is an old tradition in the countryside though we're losing it cause most of the people are going to the cities, I imagine it's the same there.

We also kill bulls and make a spectacle of it, but don't imagine we all like that here, I personally find it a monstrosity from the Middle Age, I'd forbid it right now if I could.

Why? Because it´a gorgeous language! :laugh:

I didn´t know Sweden people learn Spanish that much as well. Isn´t it amazing when you go to foreign country and people are able to speak your native language? It never happens to me, a very small amount of people learn Slovak language. However, I don´t blame them, it´s damn hard language to speak and even harder to write. But the advantage is, once you learn Slovak, you will be able to understand Czech, a little bit Russian, Polish and Ukraine and sometimes even Croatian - but not everything. These languages are similar to some amount :)

Tortilla de patatas! Yes, that´s the word, out teacher was talking about that too :) do you like all of it? I mean, paella as well? I´ve never tasted it, but I´d love to.

Yes, it´s the same here - more people every year are moving to cities...however, there is also another problem - EU. European Union. They are crazy sometimes with all the restrictions about stockbreeding - and pigs especially. Breeders just can´t catch up with all their regulations (they are unbelievable!!!) and they have no money to do that. EU demands special machineries for breeding pigs, special food, special this and that, and everything costs a hell lot of money! It´s being more and more impossible for breeders to actually breed the pigs... :no: ridiculous!

That´s why the whole industry is dying :(

they are even trying to forbid a poppy!!! Can you believe that??

Yeah, I know about that bulls killing - is it called "la corrida"? Our teacher was talking about it, and he also said that lots of Spanish people are against it...but they can´t do nothing, since it´s a tradition :(

Lisa Cant

B: 4

N: 7

Only rarely I encounter someone who´s absolutely not appealing to me... :blink:

Its ironic that she also doesn't give many beauty 7-10 and likes her. That just goes to show the variety of the voters it seems :) . I like Lisa but can definitely understand why someone wouldn't :laugh: .

8 OR MORE VOTES NEEDED

Why? Because it´a gorgeous language! :laugh:

I didn´t know Sweden people learn Spanish that much as well. Isn´t it amazing when you go to foreign country and people are able to speak your native language? It never happens to me, a very small amount of people learn Slovak language. However, I don´t blame them, it´s damn hard language to speak and even harder to write. But the advantage is, once you learn Slovak, you will be able to understand Czech, a little bit Russian, Polish and Ukraine and sometimes even Croatian - but not everything. These languages are similar to some amount :)

Tortilla de patatas! Yes, that´s the word, out teacher was talking about that too :) do you like all of it? I mean, paella as well? I´ve never tasted it, but I´d love to.

Yes, it´s the same here - more people every year are moving to cities...however, there is also another problem - EU. European Union. They are crazy sometimes with all the restrictions about stockbreeding - and pigs especially. Breeders just can´t catch up with all their regulations (they are unbelievable!!!) and they have no money to do that. EU demands special machineries for breeding pigs, special food, special this and that, and everything costs a hell lot of money! It´s being more and more impossible for breeders to actually breed the pigs... :no: ridiculous!

That´s why the whole industry is dying :(

they are even trying to forbid a poppy!!! Can you believe that??

Yeah, I know about that bulls killing - is it called "la corrida"? Our teacher was talking about it, and he also said that lots of Spanish people are against it...but they can´t do nothing, since it´s a tradition :(

Gorgeous??? I really don't know, though it is very easy, that's for sure, mainly the pronunciation, though all the verbs are all quite difficult, a mess.

BTW, Spanish is not my 1st language, it's Catalan, but I speak both perfectly, of course, in fact they are rather similar.

And just like you, we can understand Portuguese and Italian pretty well, Italian and Spanish people usually can talk to each other in our own languages cause our accents are very similar and both come from Latin. Written French is similar too but their pronunciation is not, and Catalan speakers are in advantage cause both French and Italian are more similar to Catalan than they are to Spanish.

I didn't know Slovak was similar to all those languages, well, to Czech it's easy to guess but not the rest.

I've been twice to your country and I did not learn a single word, actually we were just for a few hours both times, the 1st we were driving from Prague to Vienna and we stopped in Bratislava, and the 2nd we crossed the country to go from Zagreb to Budapest and we stopped in Ruzomberok.

It's obvious you can't find people abroad who talk Slovak... :laugh: it's the same for Catalan, unfortunately both are minor languages, though Catalan is spoken by almost 10 million people and in 4 different countries, Spain, Andorra (their official language), France (in a little region in the South) and Italy (in a single city in Sardinia). However Spanish is the 2nd/3rd most spoken language in the world, 1st is Mandarin and 2nd/3rd are English and Spanish, which are spoken by aproximately the same amount of people.

As for the EU, it happened the same here 20 years ago, but at the end, in long term, everything's better thanks to the EU.

A poppy? forbid a flower? or is it another thing?

Natural beauty, kittens, baby pigs, omelettes, languages... :laugh: interesting.

PS: I forgot, the potatoes omelette is delightful, paella too but I prefer the 1st, don't forget to try them if you ever come here.

Gorgeous??? I really don't know, though it is very easy, that's for sure, mainly the pronunciation, though all the verbs are all quite difficult, a mess.

BTW, Spanish is not my 1st language, it's Catalan, but I speak both perfectly, of course, in fact they are rather similar.

And just like you, we can understand Portuguese and Italian pretty well, Italian and Spanish people usually can talk to each other in our own languages cause our accents are very similar and both come from Latin. Written French is similar too but their pronunciation is not, and Catalan speakers are in advantage cause both French and Italian are more similar to Catalan than they are to Spanish.

I didn't know Slovak was similar to all those languages, well, to Czech it's easy to guess but not the rest.

I've been twice to your country and I did not learn a single word, actually we were just for a few hours both times, the 1st we were driving from Prague to Vienna and we stopped in Bratislava, and the 2nd we crossed the country to go from Zagreb to Budapest and we stopped in Ruzomberok.

It's obvious you can't find people abroad who talk Slovak... :laugh: it's the same for Catalan, unfortunately both are minor languages, though Catalan is spoken by almost 10 million people and in 4 different countries, Spain, Andorra (their official language), France (in a little region in the South) and Italy (in a single city in Sardinia). However Spanish is the 2nd/3rd most spoken language in the world, 1st is Mandarin and 2nd/3rd are English and Spanish, which are spoken by aproximately the same amount of people.

As for the EU, it happened the same here 20 years ago, but at the end, in long term, everything's better thanks to the EU.

A poppy? forbid a flower? or is it another thing?

Natural beauty, kittens, baby pigs, omelettes, languages... :laugh: interesting.

PS: I forgot, the potatoes omelette is delightful, paella too but I prefer the 1st, don't forget to try them if you ever come here.

You know, I thought Spanish was easy, but I´ve found out it´s absolutely NOT :) however, I love the language - its´ sound, pronounciation, culture, it´s really wonderful.

So you can speak both Catalan and Spanish, that is great I think - I knew that Italian and Portugese are similar to Spanish, but I didn´t know you actually understand each other quite well, I find that pretty amazing, since it´s the same here with Czech and Slovak and those other few languages. Except the writing form of Russian, azbuka.

You´ve been to Bratislava and Ruzomberok? That´s cool - although I guess you didn´t have much chance to see something :)

Do you think everything will be better after 20 years? I dunno...we´re quite new in EU :idk: however, those restrictions are awful :no: and yeah, poppy is a flower - with poppy seeds from which many good things are made (even a very good cake or bun) but poppy is also believed to be some kind of a hallucinogenic drug - but only some species. And they are trying to restrict them all. It´s such a shame. Actually, poppy is very healthy, helps in many problems :(

This thread is absolutely alive! :D

I will remember your words :)