Bellazon

Bregje Heinen
Thumbnail

I don't come to Bregje's thread as much as I once did, but she should never be subject to hateful criticism. Her response is top class, and it speaks to why I will be on the thread more in future. Well done, Bregje, and well done to the moderators of BZ for intervening (as they do so well). One reason I will also always frequent this website. 

5 hours ago, jeangrim said:

I submitted a reply to why Bregje is not with VS. Again, VS was founded on the idea of elegance and exclusivity... While my comment here was meant to be crass, comedic yet fact based. I was labeled a racist! Race and racism are not the same thing. My grandfather was a man of color, my best friend in high school a man of color, my stepbrother a man of color, my roommate for five years whilst in college a man of color. As well, I’ve been around Will Smith and his family.

Back to why VS let her go.

Previously dating an ASAP member, of which one was murdered as result of gang violence - her representing ASAP’s brand “Trapstar” which means drug dealer, are difficult associations to play down... It is not an association with people of color that was detrimental to her career, but what those people represent, what she herself was representing at that time... These lost her an “Angel Contract” the most lucrative contract in modeling. While difficult to accept, still true.

If my previous statement was taken in the wrong manner I do apologize.

And I wish her all the best.

Crass? Absolutely. Comedic? You failed---no thought it was comedic b/c it wasn't.

BTW, you could have family members, relatives, friends, etc. who are of color and still be a racist. Having association with someone of color is not a good enough of a support.

Why does her contracts and personal life matter to you so much? It is her life and her decisions. She knows herself best so she doesn't need anyone to tell her what is best for her. Also your statement is pure assumptions. And you know what they say when you assume things. BTW, she already personally debunked your speculations about VS. So worry about yourself before you worry about her or anyone else. She is doing well and don't need this bullshit & toxicity you are trying to infect here.

Please don't give empty apologies. We all could see through the insincerity.

I clearly stated previously there are many sites online in which you could express your opinions about such matter--BZ being NOT one of them. Yet you decided to continue to run your mouth fingers and ignore the warning. You were given a chance so I don't think I need to tell you what is happening next....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Bellazoners,

I've been following this thread for a while and love all the updates for Bregje. She has a new campaign for Berta Bridal, Agua Bendita, and Kisuii Swimwear which are some of several shoots coming out soon. Hopefully, we can keep this thread updated because Bregje is amazing and I love her work. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...