Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

It's not always easy for me to get a good cake...(most cakes are too sugary!) for a party. What would you recommend?

A good Red velvet or strawberry short cake is usually not overpowering:

redvelvetcakewithvanill.jpg

It's tough to get a chocolate cake or a lemon creme cake that's not overpowering..

Cheesecakes are tough- I like them but many are too sweet in my view :-?

LOL that was in the back of my mind too, so give it a rating on the Homer Drool Scale.

A 4, probably. You know, the best desserts I've had were usually unplanned- haha :) A good dinner partner, a good restaurant, and good context can manipulate my tastes quite well :)

My favorite cake is carrot cake :)

Lyon would know about this, too, but the Asian"Mochi" dessert is quite good- if you manage to get near a chinese or japanese restaurant I urge you to try it! (in case you haven't yet!)

It's exotic ice creams (great tea, black sesame flavor, etc.) wrapped with a coating. It works out pretty well, in my view- the coating enhances the ice cream quite well :)

I will have to try it when I get a chance :)

some xo sauce noodles with beef I cooked the other day

post-1816-1313365557_thumb.jpg post-1816-1313365573_thumb.jpg

XO sauce = (Y)

^ that looks absolutely delicious :drool:

What about a nice piece of cheesecake ehhhh?

post-21823-0-1445997426-51443_thumb.jpg

I LIKE cheese cake (I know I'm odd but I don't like cheese :laugh:)

Haha. Are you going to come make me some dessert Cult Icon :p

Lyon would know about this, too, but the Asian"Mochi" dessert is quite good- if you manage to get near a chinese or japanese restaurant I urge you to try it! (in case you haven't yet!)

It's exotic ice creams (great tea, black sesame flavor, etc.) wrapped with a coating. It works out pretty well, in my view- the coating enhances the ice cream quite well :)

6847340orig.jpg

Yep, I know this beautiful dessert :yes: But since this is way too common here in asian,

you can find it everywhere, that makes me not want to put it to my fave list :p

However, I do like this kind of candy, I actually wanted to introduce mochi to u guys under the Japanese section :p

Let me show you some more different styles of mochi ;)

Taiwanese one:

s201055145445.jpg

For the Japanese style, we usually have other stuffing instead of icecream, like this:

post-21823-0-1445997426-52196_thumb.jpg

(Greentea, red bean, peanut butter, sesame butter, sweet potato, etc.)

And ILUVAdrianaLima :persuazn: Did you know it was barely impossible to find cheesecake in France ?

I miss it sooo so much :cry:

Kinda unbelievable :shock: I think French is a dessert paradise and cheese cake is very popular!!

It's not always easy for me to get a good cake...(most cakes are too sugary!) for a party. What would you recommend?

A good Red velvet or strawberry short cake is usually not overpowering:

redvelvetcakewithvanill.jpg

It's tough to get a chocolate cake or a lemon creme cake that's not overpowering..

Cheesecakes are tough- I like them but many are too sweet in my view :-?

It looks yum!

I like a good tiramisu- :)

tiramisuh.jpg

Me too!!!! :drool:

Kinda unbelievable :shock: I think French is a dessert paradise and cheese cake is very popular!!

Oh, no. :rofl:

Cheese cake, like carrot cake etc.. are american, that's why you can find them everywhere, and in Asia where the market is very opened.

...but not in France, cause these are not french desserts and it's just not common here. (dont know in Paris though, maybe there's more).

Same thing with burgers, in America you have many many brands. Here there's only McDonald's, lol.

Oh, no. :rofl:

Cheese cake, like carrot cake etc.. are american, that's why you can find them everywhere, and in Asia where the market is very opened.

...but not in France, cause these are not french desserts and it's just not common here. (dont know in Paris though, maybe there's more).

Same thing with burgers, in America you have many many brands. Here there's only McDonald's, lol.

blah... I'm too ignorant then :/

btw, would u mind I ask, which city do you come from? :)

some xo sauce noodles with beef I cooked the other day

post-1816-1313365557_thumb.jpg post-1816-1313365573_thumb.jpg

XO sauce = (Y)

I LIKE cheese cake (I know I'm odd but I don't like cheese :laugh:)

yes xo sauce is (Y), but I can't get it here, so my gf has to send me from HK

it is not odd, I also don't like cheese.

luckily german cheesecakes use quark instead of cheese, even though by law quark is a type of cheese (cream cheese, which is different to regular cheese)

new york cheesecake is quite yummy