Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

I actually hated Babel. I thought it was very bad rip-off of Crash (which I loved). So many things about Babel bothered me. Like, everything is supposed to be connected, right? Okay, other than her dad having given that one gun to the Iraqi family... what the hell was up the deaf girls need to get laid? I mean, I'm saying this in a very crude way, but I was annoyed by that beyond belief. Okay, she was wants to be loved... blah blah blah, but in the context of the film it was so useless in terms of character development, and it obviously had nothing to do with plot development.

Superbad: Can't get enough of this movie. So funny.

I actually hated Babel. I thought it was very bad rip-off of Crash (which I loved). So many things about Babel bothered me. Like, everything is supposed to be connected, right? Okay, other than her dad having given that one gun to the Iraqi family... what the hell was up the deaf girls need to get laid? I mean, I'm saying this in a very crude way, but I was annoyed by that beyond belief. Okay, she was wants to be loved... blah blah blah, but in the context of the film it was so useless in terms of character development, and it obviously had nothing to do with plot development.

Well, I also think that this "Japan" part had the least in common with the whole plot, but, as I said before, I liked this movie very much :)

And I enjoyed reading your comment, it was a constructive one (Y)

Heh, I'm glad I didn't come across as just one of those 'that movie sucks!' type people, who have no basis for a critique. But I have to add, Pitt and Cate Blanchett were SUPERB in this film. :)

:yes: I agree (though my comment on Billy Elliott here was "I hated it" and nothing more :whistle: :laugh:)

The Last King of Scotland. Watched it for the second time, but now I liked it even more I guess, and Forrest Whitaker was AMAZING in his role.

I need to watch that one I guess. I have it here borrowed on DVD...

It's a good popcorn-type movie. As long as you don't expect it to be that deep storyline wise, you'll enjoy it. The visuals are great. (Y)

I actually beg to differ, as I often do. While 300 isn't The Godfather, underneath the special effects and 12,000 abs the obvious tone of the film is about honor. And honor in itself has so many facets to it I would consider it an extremely deep plot point. :flower:

L4yer Cake: For like the 6th time. It's just soooo good!

"I'm not a gangster. I'm a business man whose commodity just happens to be cocaine."

How can you not love that line?