Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

It is certainly disappointing that she never got a cover. SI probably would have made more money if they gave her a cover in one of the years. I constantly see Barbara Palvin SI posters out of stock and flying off the shelves.

1 hour ago, Sensual said:

It is certainly disappointing that she never got a cover. SI probably would have made more money if they gave her a cover in one of the years. I constantly see Barbara Palvin SI posters out of stock and flying off the shelves.

Agreed.  It's not often that I look through the posters rack when I'm in the stores, but when I do, there always seems to be one of her SI ones on display.  Not to mention that many of her shots over the years she's done the magazine just scream "cover". 

On 4/14/2020 at 8:40 AM, Sensual said:

I don't know much about SI, and I was really only interested in it when Barbara worked for them, but I would also think it would've been smart to put her on the cover. She was so different than the other girls that I saw that were shooting SI at the same time. While I really have no idea who most of them were (I know who Lais is, but I don't like her at all), they were boring and all kind of blended together. Barbara stood out. 

I remember watching an interview with her and that dark haired Bo something or other girl....Barbara did an excellent job at the interview and I think that was when she was looking her best. Now with her short hair and thinner frame, I don't think I'd like to see her in SI to be honest. I'm glad she did SI when she looked her absolute best (to me at least, I know posters on here adore how she looks with short hair. I'm still not sold on it). 

Barbara looks really good for fashion work these days, like I LOVE her Kooples stuff that she's done recently. Her new look fits that style of stuff better than VS or SI, IMO. 

1 hour ago, resop99 said:

It's possible that the reason why she didn't do SI this year is because of the Coronavirus and not being able to travel. I hope she comes back next year. Is it just me, or is she barely working anymore?

To me, it doesn't seem she's working as much as she used to, but I really like what she's been doing. I love her Kooples stuff! I figured she'd be working more with VS, but she doesn't seem to be used as much as I was hoping she would be. 

And I don't know much about SI, but I thought that was done before all the stay at home orders were put in place, so my guess it that they didn't ask her to come back. I don't know why she would turn it down if they asked her, so that's what makes me think SI didn't want her. IDK why though, I thought her pictures were the best, but of course I'm biased because she is my favorite model lol