Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

^Thank you for posting. 

I know I've said it before, but VS doesn't do her justice anymore. When she first started with them back in 2011 (especially 2012), she looked more beautiful than anyone I had ever seen. Her VS pictures were perfect. However, since she became an Angel, I really haven't liked much of her VS work. It's not her fault, because she looks stunning in everything else, even candid shots, so it has to be VS (even though in this particular shot, she has no emotion on her face and looks bored). Her makeup is too dark, and I hate how they styled (or lack of styled) her hair. 

She looks super cute and good in the video, so that's another reason I think it's VS fault and not her fault that I don't like her VS pictures. 

I'm still happy she's an Angel so she can add that to her resume, and I still get excited when I see new VS shots posted....but I just hope  I start liking her VS work more..

The Kooples videos are awesome! I love that they're black and white, the music is great, the setting is awesome, and Barbara and Dylan look a lot more interested in each other in the videos as opposed to the pictures. I used to like her VS work more than her fashion stuff, but it's flipped now. I am really digging her HF/commercial fashion stuff more than ever! 

Thank you for posting those IG pictures. I like seeing what others are doing during this stay at home time. 

I LOVE the view of the skyline from her apartment in that second picture. I wish I had that kind of money to buy a place like that!

and is she studying or writing out cooking notes in that last picture? I said I was going to get more into cooking and recipes during this time, but I still haven't lol. 

On 5/6/2020 at 11:51 PM, 1Tommy1 said:

Why Barbara isnt in 2020 SI? She is far better than most if not all of this year models. Was it her choice?

I don’t think so. She usually doesn’t rejecting jobs, but if she did I can totally understand her. I mean she was in 4 issues and exept the first I think her pictures was cover worthy, last year they really screwed up the whole thing. 3 covers for 2 person whos are never before in it and for 1 veteran model. I know what they want with Tyra, but cant understand the others. In 2017 same, they gave for Upton 3 cover when she appeared already 3 times on it. Last year so many people want Barbara or Kate Bock on the cover after years of appearance. I remember they delete the comments on ig when people asked why not Barb on the cover under the Kostek cover post, without any explanation.

I have a feeling you all care a lot more about Barbara on the SI cover than she actually does. She seems far too modest and even-tempered to leave for those reasons. I'm speculating that it was a mutual break. SI has historically cycled their best models in and out with a relatively short tenure.

Lets remember none of us know anything, it's all just speculation.

I'm not into SI, but I did look at Barbara's pictures because she is my favorite model (along with others like Karlie, Lily A, Candice, Miranda, etc)...I really do think Barbara should've gotten a cover for SI, but maybe that's just me being biased. I would guess if she's not in the issue this year, I would think they didn't ask her. She always seems to take jobs, which is something I appreciate about her. 

Random thought, but I'd like to see Barbara shoot for Free People or Lancaster Paris. Those brands have used models I really like (Karlie and Elsa) and the pictures always look really good. I could definitely see Barbara working with a brand like them.