Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

The Daily Telegraph announcing Leo's return to Sydney for Gatsby reshoots while inserting little snide remarks along the way , as well as, trying to garner interest

in their award show by inferring that Leo might show up there .

I'm sure since Christmas when Leo was skiing in Montana, enjoying Carmel, Monterey, Big Sur, and Park City with Erin, he didn't realize that was considered lobbying hard for an Oscar :shock:

Leonardo DiCaprio flies back to Sydney to reshoot scenes for Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby

January 29, 201211:00PM

THE Great Gatsby's Leo DiCaprio is back in Sydney reshooting scenes in Baz Luhrmann's latest epic and was expected to miss yesterday's SAG Awards where he was nominated for Best Actor in J. Edgar.

Given he was unlikely to win, it was an easy choice.

DiCaprio, who has been lobbying hard in the lead-up to the film awards season, was ignored by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which determines Oscar nominees

J. Edgar too failed to garner a nod. But the actor's rep has told the New York Post this had nothing to do with him skipping out on the awards. DiCaprio had long been scheduled to return to Sydney for Gatsby reshoots.

Meanwhile rumours swirl that the 37-year-old actor will make an appearance at tomorrow night's AACTAs at the Sydney Opera House.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertain...0-1226256764826

Pami

Thanks for all the great Facebook comments :)

Nanda

I see your reaction to George's performance in Descendants was the same as mine, while I thought George turned in a good performance in a role that required more of him than his Danny Ocean routine, I didn't feel it was on same level as Leo's .

As to "Ides" , I read the script back when Leo was set to star, and the Stephen/Ryan character was always the main character. Infact George originally was only going to direct Leo and not be a part of the film, but when Leo pulled out due to scheduling conflicts, the studio wanted another known name , and that is when George took on the governor's role. I thought all three main actors Ryan, Phillip, Paul gave excellent peformances.

As to Artist , if you read the news this morning you will see the director won best director at DGA last night, so it appears quite likely that the Harvey train will continue on to an Oscar win. Personally, it wouldn't be my choice , cute yes, impressive/best picture material no.

Armie Hammer is the first to admit he did not spend a lot of time tossing and turning over the Possibility of receiving a SAG Award nomination Wednesday morning. The 25-year-old actor, who was recognized for his supporting role opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Clint Eastwood's "J. Edgar," was fast asleep when the nominees were announced. The 25-year-old actor, who was recognized for his supporting role opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Clint Eastwood's "J. Edgar," was almost asleep when the nominees were announced.

"My wife woke me up and said, 'Baby, baby! … You got nominated for a SAG Award!' "My wife woke me up and said, 'Baby, baby! ... You got nominated for a SAG Award!' And I went, 'Oh, that's so great!' And I went, 'Oh, that's so great!' And then I just rolled over and went back to sleep." And then I just rolled over and went back to sleep. "

Hammer, who plays J. Edgar Hoover's close confidante Clyde Tolson, eventually came to again and gathered his thoughts. Hammer, who plays J. Edgar Hoover's close confidante Clyde Tolson, eventually came to again and gathered his thoughts. "I'm definitely more and more excited as I'm waking up and as the day is getting going," he said. "I'm definitely more and more excited as I'm waking up and as the day is getting going," he said. "It's a huge honor."He added, "We worked really hard on this, we all did: Leo, Clint. I'm so excited that Leo got nominated as well [for best actor]. He could not deserve it more. So to see it appreciated by our peers is very nice." "It's a huge honor." He added, "We worked really hard on this, we all did. Leo, Clint, I'm so excited that Leo got nominated as well [for best actor] He could not deserve it more.. So to see it appreciated by our peers is very nice. "

Heyyy so I was just looking at some Bradley cooper pcis on Justjared, and I read the comments (I figured it would be okay since they weren't leos comments, which I don't read anymore) and the comments on Bradley are identicle to Leo. Bashing his GF, Zoe, talking about how ugly she is, how stupid he is ect.

So just saying those JJ comments are just everywhere on JJ, not just on leos. The hugest site for haters I swear!

I'm sure since Christmas when Leo was skiing in Montana, enjoying Carmel, Monterey, Big Sur, and Park City with Erin, he didn't realize that was considered lobbying hard for an Oscar :shock:

Oxf probably Daily Telegraph know something we don't... perhaps Leo invite all the Oscar voters to those trips... :shifty:

Are you trying to find logic in their ever-recurring clueless and foolish articles?? post-51835-0-1446082230-17619_thumb.gif

I mean like you say, they are implying that Leo might show up at AACTAs. I know there will be another fooled like me :laugh:

Bashing his GF, Zoe, talking about how ugly she is,

Zoe Saldana ugly ??? God! Make me so ugly as Zoe... and also grant me her wardrobe and her boyfriend post-51835-0-1446082230-19188_thumb.gif

Hey Shine... :wave: How's your keyboard???

Thanks Ox! Yes, they are trying to garner up buzz for that, as we already know leo did not attend ;) I really hope leo doesn't have much Gatsby filming left!

I feel lke it's ending! In my opinion he doesnt have much filming left. :)

Does anyone here know when they start filming Django?

Thanks Ox! Yes, they are trying to garner up buzz for that, as we already know leo did not attend ;) I really hope leo doesn't have much Gatsby filming left!

I feel lke it's ending! In my opinion he doesnt have much filming left. :)

Does anyone here know when they start filming Django?

Yes Pami, I also know its almost done filming, I just hope he doesn't have to stay there for long! I think it would be nice for him to have a longer break before he has to start Django :)

Princess: Yeah, bashing Zoe is ridiculous. Though everytime I see her, I think of Nitiri :p

Kat

As to posters comments, my remarks below to ByPrincess the other day after she posted Ted C article you will see below are identical to you recent statement, as I've noticed the same thing when I go surfing about on other threads be they Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling, Orlando Bloom,Justin Timberlake , and many other male celebs

The comments about the men are the same , as well as , the comments about the woman they are involved with appearance wise , and the comments about their relationship; that's is just a showromance or the women are their beards/they are really gay.

Another thing I've learned over the years is that be it Leo ,Ryan, Brad, or other big celebs, there are trolls who appear on the different forums to bash them. Their comments are identical whether they are bashing Leo , Ryan, etc.

ByPrincess

Why, you're probably right , everywhere Leo was traveling, he was taking along Oscar voters :p

Pami

We know from comments from other Django cast members along with the Santa Clarita article I posted that they have been doing some filming now for about 6 weeks, and then they will eventually move sometime in Febuary to New Orleans where they will continue to film. So sometime in Feb. we should see Leo heading to New Orleans for his scenes as a plantation/sex /fight club owner :)

Child in Time

Funny Titanic gf , thanks :)

Loved that! :laugh:

1. Pitt: Once upon a time, Pitt envied Leonardo DiCaprio, who commanded Oscar-nominated biopics (The Aviator) and social dramas (Blood Diamond), while he, Pitt, handled movie-star movies like Troy. "'I want to play more of a man,'" Pitt once complained. Later, he said he realized he had to "live like a man." And so he did. Parenthood followed, as did a different kind of movie. On Tuesday, he was the face of two Best Picture contenders, and a double nominee, for producing Moneyball, as well as for starring in it with a performance that was unadorned by

and special effects. In other words, he was honored for playing a man, and living like one—and whether Angelina Jolie got him to that place, or the idea of DiCaprio goaded him there, he got there.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/redcarpet/2012/osca...2#ixzz1kshWtLYx

Thanks girls for the news and pics :wave:.

So... he's in Australia? Hmmm... I wanted more pics on vacation :cry:.

Nanda

As to Artist , if you read the news this morning you will see the director won best director at DGA last night, so it appears quite likely that the Harvey train will continue on to an Oscar win. Personally, it wouldn't be my choice , cute yes, impressive/best picture material no.

No, I have not read anything about it. But I had this feeling... or don't know if it's because I WISH Jean Dujardin to be the winner :p... but the truth is that my feeling means nothing, I was feeling that this was Leo's year and all we saw how it ended :laugh:. I have not watched "The Artist" today... prefer to see "Warrior", haha​​. After watching I say what I thought.

I'm so agree with the actress Becky Fly (she's in "The Help")... she has good taste :p...

Fly said once the Oscar nominations came out, she was surprised that Leonardo DiCaprio was being snubbed for "J Edgar." "DiCaprio did a good job," she said. "And you know the Academy just doesn't choose comedy. But the fact is that comedy is harder than drama."

SOURCE

So... he's in Australia? Hmmm... I wanted more pics on vacation :cry:.

Yes!!! and the shirtless pics that I demand ???? maybe were lost in the mail because I never received it. :(

Yeah, Princess... I want shirtless pics too... but no, zero :cry2:.