Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

OK, girls...I've heard your complaints and I will go ahead and take one for the team. I will volunteer to be Leo's personal tanner. And I promise you this overly tan problem will be an issue no loner. I will volunteer to tan him, and inspect his body over and over to make sure he is not too tan, that is the sacrifice I am willing to make for all you lovely ladies...to be Leo's personal tanner/body inspector. :p

From Australian Daily Telegraph about Film Awards/Leo returning to Sydney for reshoots this month.

Leo is due at SAGS on Jan 29th

And their event is Jan 31st

Leonardo DiCaprio is the big target as a guest for the AACTA Awards in Sydney on January 31

The Daily Telegraph

January 15, 201210:34PM

THE first leg of this year's AACTAs (formerly known as the Australian Film Institute or AFIs) kicked off at Sydney's Westin Hotel yesterday with a swag of technical film and television awards handed out at a luncheon hosted by Sigrid Thornton.

And while there were few celebrity powerhouses in the ballroom, talk was rife that organisers are trying to lure some big names to the January 31 awards ceremony at the Opera House.

It's understood Leonardo DiCaprio - due back in Sydney later this month for a handful of re-shoots for The Great Gatsby - is at the top of their wishlist

Yesterday's event was attended by a mix of film and TV talent including a newly trim Rebecca Gibney who is set to appear in her first feature film, PJ Hogan's Mental, for which she gained (and later lost) about 20kg. Her former Packed To The Rafters co-star Jessica McNamee was also on hand and dodged a mini-disaster when her handbag went missing.

"I handed it to someone while I was walking the red carpet and later we couldn't find it," she said.

"But finally it turned up. I haven't counted my money yet but I'm sure it's all there."

Jack Thompson too walked the red carpet and mused about which of his performances he thought deserved an Oscar.

"Well, I think they all do," he chuckled. "But probably Breaker Morant (for which he won a Best Support Actor award at the Cannes Film Festival i

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertain...from=public_rss

Below is excerpt from Oscar blogger Anne Thompson about recent AFI event

Now do remember Clooney, Pitt and tons of other well known males were in attendance

Glad to see Anne setting the record straight : )

post-52324-0-1446082016-43314_thumb.jpg

Among the tallest men in the room were "J. Edgar"'s Leo DiCaprio, Clint Eastwood and Armie Hammer. Everyone applauded AFI's superb clip reel from 1901 through 2011, from Melies to "Hugo" and "The Artist."

Below is Leo with head of BAFTA at the event

post-52324-0-1446082016-46442_thumb.jpg

Audrina

Thanks for great Cinema of Peace pix :)

And from Cinema of Peace event Leo with Arcade Fire band member ; if you recall Leo went to see them at Coachella Music Fest last year

post-52324-0-1446082016-49302_thumb.jpg

You know how happy I would be if this was referring to erin and leo? Sadly, its probably not :p

MODELINA

We can't wait for the Golden Globes tonight! We hear there'll be some models on the red carpet!! #goldenglobes

Also girls, with Georges win at BFCA's, now I hear Micheal Fassenbender just won best actor from LA film critics assosiation! So I am just saying, the awards race is anybodys game ;)

thanks ox for articles! :wave:

oh kat,I hope it's Leo's turn at GG :blush:

I'll be so happy if he wins :wub::ddr:

btw,here's the 2005 GG video,when Leo won GG for The Aviator :wub:

http://dicapriomedia.com/videos/81/golden-globes-62

remember there were loading problems about that video and some of you couldn't see it,but now it loads really easily.

oh man I wish this video being uploaded on youtube :/

Wow, so many pictures again! :D Thank you girls, and thank you Audrina for the HQ's!

OK, girls...I've heard your complaints and I will go ahead and take one for the team. I will volunteer to be Leo's personal tanner. And I promise you this overly tan problem will be an issue no loner. I will volunteer to tan him, and inspect his body over and over to make sure he is not too tan, that is the sacrifice I am willing to make for all you lovely ladies...to be Leo's personal tanner/body inspector.

Long as I can do his 'white bits', Daydream! :laugh:

Kat

As to Fassenbender/LAFC that was announced months ago prior to announcement of nods for BFCA, GG, SAGS :)

Way back they announced George won the NBR BA Infact, George has won the NBR Award 4X , or as one Ocar blogger said "Clooney winning the NBR /BA is a predictable as the sun coming out tomorrow ."

Then the next day they announced Brad won the NYFC

And then next they announced Fassenbender won the LAFYC

Also, thanks, for GG comment about models; who knows, Leo might surprise us :)

Sic

Thanks for GG clip

Daydreaming and Shine

I can see I need to have ByPrincess watch the two of you closely :p

thanks ALL for the news and pics, sweet Leo and Merryl together. :hug:

I was looking at a Brazlian movie site and regular people are making predictions who they think will win the Golden Globes, and almost all bet on Leo for best actor. I wish I had this hope... :/ but unfortunatelly after CCA gave the award to George, I'am not really expecting nothing, unless to see lovely Leo looking gorgeous again.

^Yeah I saw Eonline predicted George would get the GG tonight. But you never know, hopefully we will be pleasently shocked. I am still happy he at least got nominated :)

hmm they predicted Leo's win in 2005 Oscars,but we all know what happened :p so none know the truth except GG and Oscars people

Barbie, Kat, and Sic

All the sites are predicting George will win GG because the HFPA , not only, nominated George for BA for Descendants, but, they ,also, nominated his other film Ides of March for BP and George for Best Director.

So bloggers feel with all of those nods from same group they figure he'll be their BA choice . But , who knows, they might turn out to be wrong ! :p

But as you all say, just seeing Leo all dressed up is a win for us :) :) :)

Audrina

Another great HQ pix , thanks ! :)

You do know we are going to lock you up and never , never let you go , don't you ? :p