Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Barbie the weirdest thing for me is that, for weeks it was known that Leo was nominated for the Critics, which was scheduled for the same day as the premiere of J Edgar. If the premiere has been canceled, they should have done that a long time ago. And already these people have been aware! :/

I’d love to be part of Bollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio

Leonardo DiCaprio talks to TOI about being fascinated by Indian cinema and doing romcoms

Leonardo DiCaprio's carefully measured body of work really holds one's attention. Excelling in biopics and decidedly grim roles, the versatile actor has built a vast repertoire across a variety of impressive roles. Leo, also a fervent environmentalist and philantropist, has been involved in several projects, the latest one being saving Asian tigers. Here are some excerpts from a recent conversation.

How selective are you about the roles you choose to portray? I don't have a particular formula, but the script should excite me.

You seem to be drawn towards serious historical characters like Howard Hughes, Frank Abagnale Jr, J Edgar Hoover. It's not a deliberate attempt... but I do get captivated by people who subsist in real life.

Why don't we see you in romantic comedies? I would love to do a romantic comedy, but I haven't found a script yet. Hopefully, I will find something good soon.

What goes into preparing for a role based on real life situations? Playing someone who existed in the real world is very challenging. Along with the usual back story research and dialogue coaching, one has to pay attention to details. Minute signature moves have to be captured and enhanced on the big screen, making audiences believe that you are the real character.

You've been nominated for an Oscar thrice. What's kept you from winning? I wish I had an answer to this question!

Any plans to visit India? We were to visit India for a campaign that I'm involved in, which is to save the last remaining wild tigers throughout Asia, but things didn't materialise at the last minute. But I intend to visit India very soon.

Would you consider doing a Bollywood film if an offer ever came your way? Absolutely! I have always been fascinated with Indian cinema. Given a chance, I would love to be a part of it.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enterta...ow/11461994.cms

Hey all,

Leo might do the award presentation via feed from London. It's logical that Olivia Harrison would be in England as well.

Welcome! :)

Oooh, thank you Fash! :D I couldn't imagine him in a Romcom, although I'd totally love too! Alongside like Rachel McAdams or something. :laugh:

Aaah, double posties! Sorry :laugh:

shit happens! :laugh:

Oh and no matter what we should be seeing leo in a tux... hope you didn't forget about our little game :whistle:

Yeah I couldn't even begin to picture leo in a Romcom either haha... but it's something i'd like to see some day. I just hope Jen Aniston has no part in it :ninja:

Aaah, double posties! Sorry :laugh:

shit happens! :laugh:

Oh and no matter what we should be seeing leo in a tux... hope you didn't forget about our little game :whistle:

Yeah I couldn't even begin to picture leo in a Romcom either haha... but it's something i'd like to see some day. I just hope Jen Aniston has no part of it :ninja:

I like Jen, but I think half of these 'Romcoms' she does just aren't funny. I LOVED Marley & Me, but that's about it!

Oh yes, of course I remember.

;)

Good!! :p

Actually it would be neat to see him do a Romcom with another actress whose not really known to do that genre either :)

Hmmm, so then missy! Who would you like him to star with? :)

It'll sound a bit... maybe mad! :laugh: but I'd love to see him in a film with Angie! Maybe a film a bit like Body of Lies/Salt - I love them type of films! AND I'd love to see him with Johnny Depp again. Daaamn, maybe Leo should become a Pirate and be in a new Pirates of the Caribbean film :laugh: Captain DiCaps!

Also:

post-45431-0-1446081900-71088_thumb.png

:p