Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I hate when posters that never comes here, nor help the thread come just to make a dumb comment and bash someone.
Very well said. This is not a war between Blake and Bar. All relationships have a beginning and an end. Whether we like it or not the relationship with the Bar is over. And everyone here should express their opinion without fear.

I'm totally agree.

Interview with Joel Edgerton (Tom Buchanan in Gatsby)...

Collider

'

Exclusive: Joel Edgerton Talks THE THING, THE GREAT GATSBY, and Kathryn Bigelow's Osama Bin Laden Project

by Christina Radish Posted:September 25th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

COLLIDER: In much the same way, what's it like to take on a story as iconic as The Great Gatsby? How do you prepare for a role like that?

EDGERTON: Well, that's a slightly different frame to work from. I did A Streetcar Named Desire on stage, a couple years ago. That is such a loved American play, and Gatsby is such a loved American book. You're working from literature and you're trying to avoid any visual representation that's come before. Whereas with The Thing, we were trying to create a similar aesthetic and achieve that same look and feeling. Whenever you're trying to do your own take on a classic piece of literature, it's almost like you're trying to swim up your own stream, or drive down your own path. Gatsby is all in the words. For starters, it's an incredible honor to be a part of that film with that cast and with (writer/director) Baz Luhrmann, and it's such a privilege to play that character. It's got a real electricity to it. It has that feeling of stepping into a project where you get to bring literature to life, in a slightly different way. It's a different kind of electricity than when you get to enter a world of film that's already been established.

COLLIDER: Is it still the classic story that people know and love, or will it also have some changes that surprise people?

EDGERTON: Wow, that's interesting. Personally, I think when you're dealing with a book like Gatsby, it's so iconic and it's great because of what it is, so I don't think you need to re-invent it. You just find the inspiration within each page and bring it to life, as best you can. It's not Gatsby in space, or Gatsby re-invented. It will have its own edge and world that's envisaged through Baz's eyes. The other interesting thing about bringing a play or a book to life is that it's been read by people before and every single person has pictured each of those characters in their own way, and each of those houses, the streets that they drive down, and the cars that they're driving down those streets in. They've all been imagined a million slightly different ways, by a million different people. This is one group getting together to bring their vision to life, with one person at the helm. But, I certainly think it will be far from a disappointing vision.

COLLIDER: The Thing is a film that you might expect to be in 3D, but it isn't. And then, The Great Gatsby isn't something you'd automatically think of being in 3D, but it's being shot in 3D. What are your thoughts about filming it in 3D and what do you think that will add to the experience for audiences?

EDGERTON: It’s a very interesting point you make. I just think that any choice you make on a film has got to be well thought through, and I know that Baz is someone that doesn’t make choices flippantly. His reasoning and his thoughts and feelings behind bringing the world of Gatsby into 3D is very interesting and I think it’s very well thought through. I think it’s going to be fascinating. He’s got a definite clear vision. When you get behind a guy like Baz, he’s someone that you’re happy to march along with. I’m excited, but I’m nervous for all the people out there who are going to have to look at my face in 3D.

I hate when posters that never comes here, nor help the thread come just to make a dumb comment and bash someone.

Very well said. This is not a war between Blake and Bar. All relationships have a beginning and an end. Whether we like it or not the relationship with the Bar is over. And everyone here should express their opinion without fear.

:yes: What I know for sure: it's possible to state our opinions without bashing each other or Leo and his relationships (past or present), and Leo and Bar are no longer a couple. Moving on...

Just got to say I Love all the Blake and Leo love and support on this thread :grouphug:

:grouphug:

Thanks Jou for Joel Edgerton interview! Lol at the comment of him being nervous about people having to see his face in 3D :laugh: To be perfectly honest i'm still a bit skeptical about this 3D but on the other hand I don't think Leo would be a part of this if he wasn't confident in Baz's vision. And hell it's something different.. it's good to step out of your comfort zone and try something new :)

Thanks Jou! I'm also skeptical about the 3D aspect of it, just because 3d is only really entertaining when the movie is made for it. you know explosive things and horror flicks. But I guess if its what Baz wants! Baz is doing things his way on the movie, and I'm sure it will pan out!

Leo doesn't do bad movies :p

I dont understand why some people insist in bashing Leo and his choices!

Let him live his life, some people dont need to be after his girlfriends all the time. Blake seems to be a good girl and for me Leo seems more relaxed and easygoing when he's with her. Ok, I may be wrong (or not!),but I'm talking about what I see now,my opinion wont change as for now,but as I always say...who knows about the future? :wave:

So, we don't have news than I thought you wouldn't mind if I put the link to this scene... off course all you possible saw this scene a million times already, (at least I saw, lol). I think it's always a pleasure to watch because it's smoking hot :drool: :drool: :drool: :sex: and because I think it's one of the best love scenes of Leo, if not the best!

hope you enjoy!

Before clicking on the link I had a feeling it would be The Departed love scene hehe!! It's a very sexy scene indeed... when Leo takes his shirt off :drool: ( nuff said)

Another good scene is the one in Don's Plum.. yeah he was a bit rougher but sometimes that's just as hot lol. Another good one was the GONY love scene between him and Cameron. But the best one to me like you Barbie is the Departed scene you posted :yes:

oh yeah fash. Don's Plum, I don't see all the movie because I can't find in Brazil but this scene you mention it's on youtube. GONY also, Leo and Cameron had a great chemistry, Leo and Kate in RR too... But The Departed is still my fave love scene!

Plus: did you ever noticed the way he looks at her when she pass throught the bedroom? I just love it!

oh and I don't have any cats... :rofl::laugh: haha

oh yeah fash. Don's Plum, I don't see all the movie because I can't find in Brazil but this scene you mention it's on youtube. GONY also, Leo and Cameron had a great chemistry, Leo and Kate in RR too... But The Departed is still my fave love scene!

Plus: did you ever noticed the way he looks at her when she pass throught the bedroom? I just love it!

oh and I don't have any cats... :rofl::laugh: haha

hey Barbie,if you want I can upload Don's Plum and then you'll be able to download it :) I've got English version :wave:

thanks girls for updates! :wave:

yeah, yeah, The Beach... I totally forgot, hot scene!

about Don's Plum: well, I think that I saw at least... it was a scene of him in the couch with a girl.

this scene, isn't it?

Barbie, the begining of that sex scene in Dons Plum is here in this vid, and it has some more makeout time between Leo and the girl hes makeing out with! It starts at 2:27! :drool:

And yeah I agree The Departed was sexiest by far! The way he squeezes her but :p But I also love the love scenes in GONY and RR!

LOL Love the pic you also posted Barbie :D

Dicaprio And Farrow Pay Tribute To Maathai

Celebrity activists Leonardo DiCaprio and Mia Farrow have paid tribute to Nobel Peace Prize winner Wangari Maathai, who died on Sunday (25Sep11).

Maathai won the prestigious honour in 2004 for her campaigns to save Kenyan forests, becoming the first African woman to receive the award.

She had been battling ovarian cancer in recent years and passed away at a hospital in Nairobi, aged 71.

After learning the news, DiCaprio took to his Twitter.com page to tell fans, "A great visionary & environmentalist. She will be missed."

Farrow adds, "'Great' - we use that word so freely, then in the face of true greatness, it feels inadequate. But Wangari Maathai was indeed a great woman."

America's Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement, "The world has lost a powerful force for peace, democracy and women's rights.

"Her death has left a gaping hole among the ranks of women leaders, but she leaves behind a solid foundation for others to build upon. I was inspired by her story and proud to call her my friend."

Jou

Thanks for Joel Edgerton interview :)

Barbie, Fash, Kat

Thanks for all the sexy clips :)

Barbie

Funny cartoon :)