Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

8 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Jade

I knew the moment I typed that minds would go to the age of the women he dates :p 

Mirella

Ree Drummonds has a popular cooking show on the Food Network here in the States called Pioneer Woman 

I had read since her show had become so popular she had opened up a boutique hotel (The Boarding House ) and a place called The Mercantile which sells merchandise and has a deli 

And today I learned she opened a pizza & ice cream place as well 

Ahh thanks🌞

1 hour ago, Mirella said:

Who are the Drummonds? Some kind of local family that owns everything? 🙃 Hope everyone has a happy weekend. 

The Drummonds have a lot of money and power in the ranching community in the state and nationally. They have been ranchers in Oklahoma since the early 1900’s. They have donated a lot of money to universities that teach animal husbandry in the state and have a building named after them on Oklahoma State University campus. Ree married into the family 20 some years ago and started a blog about daily ranch wife life. She became Internet famous from her blog. She then self published a cookbook. Then got offered a show on Food Network. She now has a line of cookware that gets sold in a big box store, Walmart, here in the USA. She still lives and films her show on the Drummond Ranch in Pawhuska. She owns several businesses in the downtown Pawhuska area that attract her fans.

13 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

Thanks for finding out locale of the recent filming , as well as , more filming footage from your recent visit 

Also , tks, for asking your friend if any filming going on today 

You’re welcome! 😊

I haven’t checked back in with my friend yet, so don’t have any updates.

9 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

The Drummonds have a lot of money and power in the ranching community in the state and nationally. They have been ranchers in Oklahoma since the early 1900’s. They have donated a lot of money to universities that teach animal husbandry in the state and have a building named after them on Oklahoma State University campus. Ree married into the family 20 some years ago and started a blog about daily ranch wife life. She became Internet famous from her blog. She then self published a cookbook. Then got offered a show on Food Network. She now has a line of cookware that gets sold in a big box store, Walmart, here in the USA. She still lives and films her show on the Drummond Ranch in Pawhuska. She owns several businesses in the downtown Pawhuska area that attract her fans.

What a interesting story she has. They must be happy that Leo and company are in town making a movie. 🙃

@Sugarwater I looked through your Tiktok today. 😃 I haven't been on Tiktok for a while, which shock people🙃 and missed some of the videos you did. What a job to replace the road when it gets washed away by rain. You get that a production like that needs a lot of people. Fun to watch ❤ Thank you.

3 hours ago, Mirella said:

@Sugarwater I looked through your Tiktok today. 😃 I haven't been on Tiktok for a while, which shock people🙃 and missed some of the videos you did. What a job to replace the road when it gets washed away by rain. You get that a production like that needs a lot of people. Fun to watch ❤ Thank you.

Glad you liked the videos. Sometimes I forget to post some here. In fact, I don’t think I’ve posted this one here yet. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeEaa1Jo/

I was told how many people were working on the film, but I can’t remember the exact number I was told. It’s thousands though.  
When talking to community members who have met and talked with Leo and Marty, they all are very complimentary about both of them. An Osage elder told me they were impressed by Leo’s respectfulness and authenticity in wanting to know more about the culture. 
I still have not been contacted to be an extra. Of course, I’m disappointed, but in a way relieved, because it would be very difficult for me to make it work. I would make it work though if I’m ever called. I’ve talked to some other “biracial natives” that haven’t been called either, we have deduced that we don’t look native enough to play a native and we don’t look Caucasian enough to play a Caucasian. You also have to be small enough to fit into the period costumes that they have available which is a size 6 or smaller for women. 
One more thing, in my videos, you can see some of the extras drinking carton water instead of bottled water. Obviously, this is better for the environment. We do not have carton water in Oklahoma, so I’m assuming they are having it shipped in from California.

6 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

Glad you liked the videos. Sometimes I forget to post some here. In fact, I don’t think I’ve posted this one here yet. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeEaa1Jo/

I was told how many people were working on the film, but I can’t remember the exact number I was told. It’s thousands though.  
When talking to community members who have met and talked with Leo and Marty, they all are very complimentary about both of them. An Osage elder told me they were impressed by Leo’s respectfulness and authenticity in wanting to know more about the culture. 
I still have not been contacted to be an extra. Of course, I’m disappointed, but in a way relieved, because it would be very difficult for me to make it work. I would make it work though if I’m ever called. I’ve talked to some other “biracial natives” that haven’t been called either, we have deduced that we don’t look native enough to play a native and we don’t look Caucasian enough to play a Caucasian. You also have to be small enough to fit into the period costumes that they have available which is a size 6 or smaller for women. 
One more thing, in my videos, you can see some of the extras drinking carton water instead of bottled water. Obviously, this is better for the environment. We do not have carton water in Oklahoma, so I’m assuming they are having it shipped in from California.

I can understand Leos's curiosity about their culture. I wanted to know about it but it is more of an "information passing on from generation to generation" than open information you can find anywhere.🙃 So you have to ask or talk to them to know more. I am happy to hear that Leo does so even if it doesn't surprise you. Sounds like something he would do. 

When you least expect it you might get a call or is it too late? I don't know how it works.🙃 

Thx @Sugarwaterfor all the clips, photos and insider details. I'm not writing it every day but I love reading and seeing all your stuff about the filming, the setting, the culture etc!!! :heart:

If someone -like me- lost track about all of Leos properties here's an interesting article including a timeline :PinkCouture2:

Inside Leonardo DiCaprio’s Real Estate Portfolio

The actor and climate change activist has owned many extravagant properties over the years, including an island in Belize

Leonardo DiCaprio recently made headlines when he dropped $7.1 million on a Spanish Colonial in Loz Feliz previously owned by Jesse Tyler Ferguson (not to mention Robert Pattinson and Gwen Stefani before that). The notoriously private Oscar winner has long been a lover of beautiful properties: Since he shot to fame with 1993’s What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?, he’s bought and sold about a dozen homes, located everywhere from Palm Springs to Malibu to New York City to a private island in Belize.

But unlike some celebrity home flippers (for example, Ellen DeGeneres or Adam Levine), DiCaprio has retained most of his purchases, turning his less frequented homes into rental properties. Below, we’ve rounded up all of the lavish pads, each with its own distinct aesthetic, that make up DiCaprio’s extensive real estate portfolio.

DiCaprio’s first major home purchase was technically made up of two adjacent Hollywood Hills properties, one of which he bought from Madonna for $2 million sometime in the ’90s, and the other of which he picked up in 1994. In all, he paid $4 million for the entire compound. According to realtor.com, DiCaprio has significantly renovated the property since he purchased it nearly 30 years ago, though these days, he mainly uses it for entertaining purposes. (He’s also rented the home out to famous friends, like Tobey Maguire, in the past.) Just last fall, Vanity Fair reported that the Oscar winner converted the property’s basketball court into a viewing party venue for election night.

Following the 1997 box office success of Titanic, DiCaprio shelled out $1.775 million for an oceanfront Malibu home just off the Pacific Coast Highway. The 1950s-era bungalow features three bedrooms and two bathrooms, and measures 1,765 square feet. Indoors, noteworthy details include herringbone backsplash and brass finishes in the kitchen; blue patterned wallpaper along the stairwell; and a chic marble fireplace in the living room. Outdoors, a wooden deck with a private hot tub steps down directly to the beach. DiCaprio tried to list the Carbon Beach property for $10.95 million in 2016, but ultimately decided to put it on the rental market instead, asking $25,000 a month for it in 2017. Fun fact: An interior designer who worked with the actor in the ’90s told the Behind the Velvet Rope podcast that the house once featured Titanic-themed towels, posters, and memorabilia.

1675%252520Angelus%252520Ave%252520-%252

DiCaprio's former pad in Silver Lake last changed hands in 2019; Manny Fierros of Ontrak Real Estate sold the home.

Courtesy of Manny Fierros of Ontrak Real Estate 

DiCaprio continued to build out his West Coast real estate portfolio in 1999 with the purchase of a stunning Spanish-style hacienda in Silver Lake. The Revenant actor paid $769,000 for the four-bedroom, four-and-a-half-bathroom pad, which boasts exposed beam ceilings and hardwood floors throughout, as well as an elevator connecting all three floors. A covered loggia extends through elegant arches to the back yard and swimming pool. DiCaprio held onto the property for nearly 20 years, finally selling it for $1.56 million in 2018.

The actor took a big leap into environmental restoration with the purchase of a 104-acre, unpopulated island off the coast of Belize for $1.75 million. Known as Blackadore Caye, the island is “like heaven on earth,” DiCaprio told the New York Times in 2015. He partnered with Paul Scialla, the chief executive of New York–based developer Delos, to create a “restorative island” that will offer folks the experience of a luxury resort while also helping to heal the island itself. The resort was designed by architect Jean-Michel Gathy and, once completed, will feature 36 bungalows and 36 estate homes on-site. DiCaprio’s original hope was to open the island to the public in 2018, but so far, the project has not yet been actualized.

In 2008, DiCaprio purchased his first East Coast property, a $3.67 million apartment in NYC’s Battery Park neighborhood. It is located in an eco-friendly building where amenities abound. There’s a yoga studio, a billiard room, a 50-foot lap pool, a landscaped terrace, and even a dog spa. The building also boasts a 24-hour fresh filtered air system, solar panels, and its own water treatment facility. Other celebrities who have owned or currently own units in the building include Tyra Banks, Cobie Smulders, and Oliver Stone. The actor still owns this home.

W1HRH3%252520(1).jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio's Palm Springs estate is available as a vacation rental starting at $3,750 per night.

Photo: Mark Kanning / Alamy Stock Photo

Like many Hollywood stars, DiCaprio found himself looking for a vacation home just outside the city, and he settled on a $5.2 million complex in Palm Springs previously built for actress and singer Dinah Shore in 1964. The midcentury-modern gem was designed by renowned architect Donald Wexler, and spans 7,100 square feet, with six bedrooms and seven and a half bathrooms. The 1.3 acres also boast a guest house, a tennis court, a pool, and a detached gym. The actor still owns the home, but put it on the rental market in 2016.

That same year, DiCaprio also purchased a $2.05 million 1930s ranch located in the Los Angeles suburb of Studio City. Tucked behind a picket fence, the house measures 3,407 square feet, and features four bedrooms and three bathrooms. There are two living rooms, each with its own fireplace, a wet bar, and a massive eat-in chef’s kitchen. The actor didn’t hang onto the home for long, however—he sold it for $2.237 million just two years later.

Turns out 2014 was a busy real estate year for DiCaprio: He also bought a $10 million condo in Greenwich Village. The 3,663-square-foot unit is comprised of three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms, and is outfitted with a number of next-level wellness amenities, including a walk-in steam shower with a custom-designed light therapy system, circadian rhythm lighting, a built-in juicing station, and in-duct aromatherapy. DiCaprio didn’t end up spending much time in the home, however, and he flipped it back onto the market not even two years later, ultimately selling it at a $2 million loss in late 2016.

BEKJMY.jpg

A view of the green roof at the Battery Park apartment building where DiCaprio owns two units.

Photo: Richard Levine / Alamy Stock Photo

Just weeks after buying Shore’s former Palm Springs compound and the Greenwich Village condo, DiCaprio shelled out $8 million to buy the apartment next door to his existing Battery Park unit. The two-bedroom unit measures 2,327 square feet, with an enviable 1,035-square-foot outdoor terrace overlooking the Hudson River. He still owns both apartments.

DiCaprio expanded his holdings in Malibu in 2017 by buying a $23 million beach house situated in the exclusive neighborhood of Paradise Cove. At the time of purchase, there was only a small 610-square-foot cottage perched on the 1.76-acre lot, though it seems unlikely that the actor kept it that way for long. Mansion Global reported at the time that the previous owner, a billionaire named Vinnie Viola, had already gotten approval to raze the house and build a two-story residence in its place. Plans also included a swimming pool, a cliffside deck, and a private beach.

One year after buying in Malibu, DiCaprio bought a $4.91 million traditional-style Los Feliz mansion from musician Moby. Set on an ultraprivate quarter-acre lot, the 4,644-square-foot home comprises five bedrooms and eight bathrooms, which includes two main suites, and boasts a pool and hot tub out back. According to the Los Angeles Times, Moby renovated much of the home during his two years of ownership, including adding custom millwork and upgrading the fireplace mantles. There is a lower-level guest suite that has a hidden passage connecting it to a steam room, and a loft space perfect for a yoga room or study. The Times also reported that DiCaprio likely bought the place for a family member, so it was never meant to be his forever home.

090818AD_FergusonMikitaHouse0914.jpeg

AD photographed Leonardo DiCaprio's recently purchased home in 2018, when it belonged to Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Justin Mikita.

Photo: Emily Berl

In early 2021, DiCaprio purchased Modern Family star Jesse Tyler Ferguson’s Los Feliz Spanish Colonial for $7.1 million. (Previous celebrity owners include Gwen Stefani and Robert Pattinson.) The stunner was built in 1928, and features four bedrooms spread across nearly 5,000 square feet. Ferguson and husband Justin Mikita worked with former Will & Grace set designer Peter Gurski to design and furnish the rooms in their eclectic aesthetic, which included dark teal-colored walls in the double-height study, a massive wrought-iron birdcage in place of a chandelier in the front foyer, and tweed Philip Jeffries wallpaper in the main suite. If only we could see how DiCaprio will leave his mark on the home.…

Source

Always wondered what happened with his luxury resort plans for that island in Belize.

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

Thx @Sugarwaterfor all the clips, photos and insider details. I'm not writing it every day but I love reading and seeing all your stuff about the filming, the setting, the culture etc!!! :heart:

If someone -like me- lost track about all of Leos properties here's an interesting article including a timeline :PinkCouture2:

Always wondered what happened with his luxury resort plans for that island in Belize.

Yeah, what happened with that island? 🙃

I wonder how it is to stay in one home for 30 years. I have moved more times than that. Lived with every family member and a couple of friends. Different countries and so on. 

The article below is about a woman who worked as part of COVID protocol on DLU . 

She relates a funny encounter with Leo on his first day on the set 

At same time, she mentions something I've not heard before, that Matthew Perry's scenes in the film were cutout shortly after they were filmed them even though he is still shown as part of cast

I wonder how she knows this ??

As an article about the recent Friends’ reunion mentioned he been busy with a role in McKay’s film  

FAIRHAVEN — Instead of going all the way to Hollywood, Jordan Costa got her start in the film industry right here in her home state.

Costa's work day as a COVID film locations assistant began at 2 a.m. with a commute into the Boston area for her 4 a.m. call time. When she arrived on set for the new Netflix film, "Don't Look Up," every day was a new adventure.

The film featured shots from various locations Massachusetts with an ensemble cast that includes Jennifer Lawrence, Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande and more.

Work days were long, sometimes stretching 12 to 14 hours, not including her commute. She would arrive home around 9 p.m. and have to be up and ready to go in another four hours. However, she said the best part about working on a film in her home state was discovering a lot of places that she had never been to before, including an abandoned airplane hangar in Weymouth.

Jordan Costa was the COVID locations production assistant on set of the Netflix film, "Don't Look Up" starring Jennifer Lawrence, Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep and more.

Costa's position was unique because it wouldn't be possible without the pandemic. As a COVID locations and production assistant, Costa made sure masks and hand sanitizer were stocked for all cast and crew with hand-washing stations were available at each location. She researched room capacity for each location. Filming was initially scheduled to begin April 2020 but was delayed until November, still in the middle of the pandemic and before vaccines were available.

Cast and crew were designated color zones through lanyards and IDs. Red zones were closer to the set where actors were not wearing masks or safety shields. High priority crew were allowed in this zone. Costa was marked in a yellow zone, meaning she wasn't allowed near the set. The IDs not only showed headshots of the cast and crew, so they could see the faces behind the masks, but also helped sort out who was allowed at each location. She said cast and crew were tested every other day for COVID-19 — she had been tested 73 times so far, at press time

When we first started, I was a little apprehensive," Costa said. "It was the first time in a long time working around a lot of people again, but it felt so safe on sets. We had a few COVID outbreaks but we were so good at containing it."

But Costa's job wasn't just to make sure COVID-19 regulations were met — there was some fun, too. Some days, she was assisting in other areas, like guarding a specific elevator for Lawrence and DiCaprio.

"I didn't know what the protocol was, but I knew you couldn't freak out with celebrities, so I just ended up looking at the ground most of the time, not sure what to do," Costa said.

Transitioning from her first indie film to a celebrity-heavy cast, she was star-struck at first but soon became used to being around them.

Costa said on the first day of filming, DiCaprio walked down the hallway and everyone stopped what they were doing and got quiet. In response, DiCaprio laughed and said, "What am I, a werewolf? You can't come near me?"

While filming at Chris Gasbarro's Fine Wine & Spirits in Attleboro, Costa was standing next to the entrance, unaware that the doors would fly open and actor Timothée Chalamet would run out without warning. Costa said she stood frozen in shock.

Costa claimed she is a "huge fan" of Chalamet. While filming at Patel Brothers grocery store, after the fifth take, he could sense that she was excited to be working with him, and the two engaged in a staring contest while on set. She said that at one point, he even got close to her and began kicking her boots. She thought, "is this real life?" A friend took a photo of the two of them and it has been her phone's background ever since.

When she came home one night and told her mother that "Meryl was on set today," her mother said, "Oh, it's just 'Meryl' to you now?'

They filmed scenes with Lawrence, DiCaprio and Matthew Perry in Fall River at Battleship Cove, but Costa said Perry was cut from the film after filming his scenes, even though still credited on the film's IMDb.

"It becomes the new norm to be surrounded by these people, it's still so strange to me," she said.

Costa was relieved to film on the SouthCoast not only because of a shorter commute, but because it felt more like home

.https://www.southcoasttoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2021/06/07/dont-look-up-movie-behind-the-scenes-jennifer-lawrence-netflix-leonardo-dicaprio-fairhaven-native/7526091002/

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 7, 2021

Country Dancers & Wedding Guests For Major Feature Film

A new round of background performers have been announced for a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. They need to be people who have not yet appeared as extras in the film.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, and/or Fairfax, OK area.

The persons selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK, sometime during the week of June 14-18.

While the scenes are taking place on or about certain dates, some of the people will be invited back to appear in several more days of the film, based on the person's availability. Relatively open availability on Mondays-Fridays is preferred, but not mandatory. There is no filming on weekends.

Pay is a guarantee of $100/day for up to 10 hours per day, per person. Any weeks over 40 hours incur overtime.

Covid testing and wardrobe fitting is also paid at a guarantee of $40/day up to 4 hours per person.

8 hours ago, Mirella said:

I can understand Leos's curiosity about their culture. I wanted to know about it but it is more of an "information passing on from generation to generation" than open information you can find anywhere.🙃 So you have to ask or talk to them to know more. I am happy to hear that Leo does so even if it doesn't surprise you. Sounds like something he would do. 

When you least expect it you might get a call or is it too late? I don't know how it works.🙃 

I can still get a call. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks Jade and Oxford for the articles. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 7, 2021

Country Dancers & Wedding Guests For Major Feature Film

A new round of background performers have been announced for a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. They need to be people who have not yet appeared as extras in the film.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, and/or Fairfax, OK area.

The persons selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK, sometime during the week of June 14-18.

While the scenes are taking place on or about certain dates, some of the people will be invited back to appear in several more days of the film, based on the person's availability. Relatively open availability on Mondays-Fridays is preferred, but not mandatory. There is no filming on weekends.

Pay is a guarantee of $100/day for up to 10 hours per day, per person. Any weeks over 40 hours incur overtime.

Covid testing and wardrobe fitting is also paid at a guarantee of $40/day up to 4 hours per person.

Wedding guests? I know that everyone always says that it is long hours, hard work and sometimes boring work. Not always that glamorous but being an extra as a wedding guest sounds fun.🌞 Who is getting married in this movie?

Sugawater

Yes , stay POSITIVE =you may be called yet !! :thumbsup: 

Mirella 

As to wedding = there is no wedding scene in the book , so as I mentioned before , I think Scorsese is adding some flashbacks scenes about Mollie & Ernest & their respective families 

So the wedding could be a flashback for Mollie & Ernest wedding or the wedding of one of her sisters to Bill Smith (over the course of the book  he was married to both Minnie & Reta ) 

The book does begin with a gathering at Mollie & Ernest’s home , but it is not a wedding 

3 hours ago, oxford25 said:

The article below is about a woman who worked as part of COVID protocol on DLU . 

She relates a funny encounter with Leo on his first day on the set 

At same time, she mentions something I've not heard before, that Matthew Perry's scenes in the film were cutout shortly after they were filmed them even though he is still shown as part of cast

I wonder how she knows this ??

As an article about the recent Friends’ reunion mentioned he been busy with a role in McKay’s film  

I can understand people's hesitation to approach Leo during a pandemic. Who would want to be known as the one maybe giving our huge star Covid? Even with all the precautions they had. 🙃 They did everything right. I would have probably done everything wrong and hugged him and never let go. Delaying the movie for other reasons. 😂 But that's me. ❤