Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

^YES! Also want to say I like the thick him. The boyish thing was cute, but I always hate when people call him tubby. If hes tubby than so is every other regular dude. And I know I, and alot of women find a guy who is a little bigger very attractive (the height, plus arms, plus beard. If I saw Leo I would pounce :rofl: )

And found this tweet from today. Guess Leo brushed this guy off (if hes telling the truth that is)

Leonardo Dicaprio just told me to "beat it" when he was talking to Miranda Kerr and I asked him for a pic in Beverly Hills post-42953-0-1446087937-54522_thumb.png

@LeoDiCaprio is officially NOT my favorite actor

Leo just mad he hasn't won an Oscar

leonardo-dicaprio-almost-went-to-jeremy-.jpg

MAMMA MIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those eyes  :baronfaint:  :baronfaint:  :baronfaint: andddddddddddd ARMS  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool: 

BIG THANX dear Oxford 4 da new pix of DA MAN  :flower: 

loveeeeeeeeeeeee your new siggie  :woot:  :woot:  :woot: 

also,THANX A MILLION  2 da wonderful Leo fans who shared latest updates  :flower: 

Ricky Gervais and Leonardo DiCaprio were amongst those honoured for their humanitarian work by The Humane Society of the United States for their tireless support of animal rights campaigns and animal welfare.

Ricky Gervais and Leonardo Dicapriohave been given awards for their humanitarian work.

The 'Office' star was honoured with the Genesis Award for Social Media by The Humane Society of the United States in aid of his tireless promotion of animal rights campaigns across his Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Writing on Twitter, Ricky said: ''I am touched and honoured to have won a 2015 #GenesisAward for my online animal campaigning... Thanks @HumaneSociety (sic)''

The 'Wolf of Wall Street' actor also received recognition from the society as executive producer of 'Virunga', a documentary which raises awareness of the threat to mountain gorillas in the Congo.

'The Daily Show's departing host Jon Stewart was handed The Sid Caesar Comedy Award and commended for addressing issues including elephant slaughter on his show whilst director Morgan Spurlock was awarded with the Reality Series gong for the investigation he did into why so many pets are made homeless.

Leonardo, 40, is a tireless campaigner for animal rights and last year, he raised $25 million for the cause at a gala event.

Speaking to the guests, he said: ''The wild species that depend on us to protect their habitat, like tigers whose numbers have plummeted to under 3,200 left in the wild, or African elephants, who are being slaughtered at a rate of over 30,000 a year for their ivory tusks - they have no voice.

''We must be their ambassadors. We must be their protectors. We must stop their slaughter. We must now make an effort to protect the rich biodiversity that could allow nature to eventually recover. The good news is there are solutions to these massive problems. Efforts like tonight will start addressing them.''

http://hub.contactmusic.com/ricky-gervais/news/ricky-gervais-honoured-for-humanitarian-work_4628008

FYI I see PM's I'll answer soon :p

Amazing make%20it%20clap.gif

Leonardo DiCaprio Gives $50,000 to Adrian Grenier Kickstarter Project Seeking Elusive Whale

drian Grenier, the first big-screen Aquaman (albeit on a small screen in HBO's Entourage), wants to locate a rare and elusive sea creature – and Leonardo DiCaprio is helping him do it.

Through his environmental non-profit Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, the Titanic star has made a $50,000 donation to Grenier's Kickstarter project, 52: The Search for the Loneliest Whale.

The five-figure gift, made in the last 24 hours of the crowdfunding campaign, pushed total donations to a goal of $300,000, meaning Grenier and his team can now access all pledges made by over 3,300 backers. (With DiCaprio's gift, the total amount raised stands at $330,124.)

The documentary film, to be directed by Josh Zeman and executive produced by Grenier, will follow the pair's search for a storied whale of unidentified species, dubbed "52 Hertz" for the extremely rare 52-hertz frequency at which he or she emits calls.

The sound, slightly higher than the lowest note a tuba can play, is well out of hearing range for other whales, who typically emit calls in the frequency of 0 to 39 hertz. The result is that 52 Hertz travels alone — and has taken on the melancholic descriptor, "the loneliest whale in the world."

The whale was first discovered by sonar equipment in 1989, and in the years since has been detected in parts of the Pacific Ocean, as far north Kodiak Islands and as far south as the California coast. But 52 Hertz has only ever been heard, but never seen. Grenier is seeking to change that.

“Thank you to the 3,300 backers and the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation for making this science based creative project come to life. These donations validate our ongoing efforts and to get their vote of confidence is a huge moral boost for myself and team Lonely Whale,” Grenier said in a statement.

All of the funds raised by Grenier's Kickstarter campaign will go towards paying for an expedition to locate 52 Hertz, "from our boat to the gas, the food, the permits, and our scientists," Zeman adds in a promotional video.

In recent years, DiCaprio has made multiple big-dollar donations to various environmental organizations. In 2012, he gave $1 million to the Elephant Crisis Fund, and in 2014, he pledged $2 million to Oceans 5, an oceanic conservancy aiming to quell overfishing.

Grenier has produced several documentary film projects since finding fame as Vinnie Chase, the laid-back movie star at the center of HBO's Hollywood send-up, which debuted in 2005 and aired for eight seasons.

He'll return to that world when Entourage – the motion picture – hits screens on June 5.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leonardo-dicaprio-gives-50000-adrian-780726?utm_source=twitter

The tweeters below claim that Leo in Miami for today's first US Formula E race

Brenton Hayden ‏@brentonhayden · 34m34 minutes ago

Formula E hits downtown Miami in a closed street circuit race. Im literally counting down the hours to race time @LeoDiCaprio #TeamVenturi

Article about today's Miami /Formula E race

The race drivers will be competing in the first Formula E race in the United States since the all-electric series was launched in Beijing in September 2014

The series was launched by Jean Todt, a French racing icon and former Ferrari chief executive who heads of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) that oversees Formula One.

It is backed by environmentalist and actor Leonardo DiCaprio and entrepreneur Richard Branson, whose Virgin Group sponsors a two-car team.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/13/us-usa-florida-formula-e-idUSKBN0M929920150313

Tweeter below claims that Leo was at Tag Heuer event last night

Alex Perez ‏@AlexxPerezz · 12h12 hours ago

" Tag Heuer's RED CARPET Grand Opening "

with Leonardo DiCaprio TAG Heuer's Ambassador.

at their new… https://instagram.com/p/0MLPySANOL

Girl claims her dad ate dinner with Leo last night

Sara Hunter

‏@sarahunterrr Good news everyone my dad is at dinner with Leonardo DiCaprio rn :)

Kat

Tks for LA Times/Revenant article , we've gotten so little news from the film shoot, any new information is appreciated (Y)

Also, tks, for recent news regarding Leo receiving Genesis Award / helping with Adrien's documentary Flower%20for%20you.gif

Barbie

Tks for the pix, and , like you, love the last pix you posted and that scene from Inception Flower%20for%20you.gif

Fash

Tks for Leo pix with Bridget Hall :flower:

Ellen Barkin talking about working with Leo on This Boy's Life

EB: Well, let’s see. Leo [DiCaprio] was 16. I think he turned 17 when we were shooting. Yeah, 21 years ago. I was 39, because I was pregnant. It was Leo’s first movie with the exception of Critters or whatever. So Leo was very young. I think he had his final callback with me. He’d gone through quite a few auditions. His voice changed from the time we finished shooting to when we had to go back and loop; I know that was a big problem. He was extremely gifted. That was very obvious. I think when I came out of his audition, I remember calling Art Linson, who was the producer, and just saying, “It’s going to be that kid, right?” And he said, “Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.” And it was interesting, because he was, at the time, a 16-year-old boy—very intimidated by Bob [De Niro], as one would be, and as one should be

I just got really excited and jumped onboard. It was wonderful working with Leo. We were extremely close. The beginning of the movie was just Leo and I, and we did all our stuff together before Bob’s character is introduced into the movie. So we had a nice little bond going, and then by the time he was presented with Robert De Niro, he had his footing a little bit, I think. So it worked out perfectly, and I don’t know if they scheduled it that way on purpose. But certainly by the time Bob showed up, I think Leo had—you know, he was a cocky little fucker, which was kind of interesting, because it was like he was both cocky and intimidated. Not of me. We had a very solid mother-son relationship—and I was close with Leo’s mother, so it was all fine. And I felt very protective of Leo. But there is a thing, and I think he just knew—he knew he had a lot to learn, but he knew he was gifted.

And it wasn’t a bad cockiness. It was a cockiness that made me comfortable that I could go wherever I wanted to go with him and know that he could follow me. And I can’t speak for Bob at all, but when I look at the movie, I think maybe Bob felt the same way, because they certainly do have some very extreme moments between the two of them in it. I loved making that movie. I loved traveling around Seattle, and I loved all of our characters.

http://www.avclub.com/article/ellen-barkin-great-directors-and-paycheck-roles-di-216451