Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

This person listed all the tweets they've found

Jeff Goldsmith ?@yogoldsmith From start to finish Django Unchained is a fantastic crowd pleaser. Smartly humorous, great action & dialogue - Definite awards contender!

Jeff Goldsmith ?@yogoldsmith Interestingly there were many nuanced changes to the leaked script-some minor, some completely new scenes plus cuts as well. Great writing!

Anne Thompson ?@akstanwyck Django unchained is super violent spaghetti western w/ anachronistic songs. waltz & jackson steal it. All talk & action. 1st screening.

Anne Thompson ?@akstanwyck Standing ovation for Tarantino at DGA. Taylor hackford doing q and a.

david ehrlich ?@davidehrlich DJANGO UNCHAINED: holy *beep* brutally hilarious spaghetti comedy does for business what Basterds did for war. Best American film of 2012.

@NoreeVictoria Ho. Ly. Crap. #DjangoUnchained! BEYOND BRILLIANT PERFORMANCES! INCREDIBLE Q&A with Mr. Tarantino himself!

D-Dub ?@silkyd67 Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino's first DGA film, is funny, crazy violent, thoroughly entertaining. Luv that Christoph Waltz

D-Dub ?@silkyd67 Django Unchained: Don Johnson needs to work more. He and Christoph Waltz together..awesome

Lou Lumenick ?@LouLumenick Just watched what was basically a three-hour homage to BLAZING SADDLES

New tweets.. Julie Seureau ?@IndieJuls Really happy to have been to the advanced screening of #Django. Christoph Waltz is such an extraordinary actor. He really stole the thunder!

Julie Seureau ?@IndieJuls #Django was a great film: very bloody but also very funny. The kind of film that makes you laugh about issues you don't usually laugh at!

From Joshua Cordes:

"Django Unchained was incredible. And this isn't just some "I saw it first" *beep* happening. Hilarious and exciting. Shoe in Best Pic nom."

AnnaMaria DeMara

"Just saw Django Unchained WOW!! Amazzzzzzing - One of His best movies! & Tarantino showed up for Q & A's

I thought an interesting comment is that according to one tweeter there were NEW SCENES that were not in leaked script ; I hope some included more screen time for Leo

Fash

The next few days will see screenings that involve mainly industry people; as I can tell some of the tweeters are non industry people , so we'll see what reactions we get from those .

I thought an interesting comment is that according to one tweeter there were NEW SCENES that were not in leaked script ; I hope some included more screen time for Leo

Fash

The next few days will see screenings that involve mainly industry people; as I can tell some of the tweeters are non industry people , so we'll see what reactions we get from those .

Good to know.

I'm getting disappointed about Leo's Oscar chances, or chances at any awards. It seems there's always something that gets in his way. I was looking at Awards Daily and someone posted Anne Thompson's comments (and she's someone who understands Oscars) and now they are saying that Samuel L. Jackson is in and Leo is out. It really burms me up. I had high hopes this year, given that he is playing against type, in a supporting role and with Weinstein backing him. One poster on AD said he tries to hard and only takes Oscarbaity roles so the Academy likes to snub him. Really? "Inception," "Body of Lies," were "oscarbaity"? What about all the other actors who constantly only do "oscarbaity" roles, like George Clooney? I think if Jackson starts getting buzz, Weinstein will drop any compaign for Leo and will campaign for Jackson. Weinstein wants to win Oscars; he doesn't care which actor gets it for him.

Also, I'm glad Leo held a benefit for the Hurricane Sandy victims. I was beginning to think he didn't care, since he jetted off to Vegas right after the storm. I live in the northeast U.S. and it has been devasting. Many people lost everything they had (some their lives) and it has been a difficult time here and will continue to be with the upcoming holidays.

I've posted a couple of times here before and made some silly comments and I apologize. I actually do read these boards and am a fan.

Thanks Ox, Calibi and Princess for the tweets! Lovin these early reviews of Django....sounding awesome :D :thumbsup:

Maeghan: As to leo and oscars...while I would love for him to get every award in the world because I feel he really deserves it, I also believe that an award does not define leos success as an actor :yes:

Leonardo DiCaprio's huge alcohol bill

Leonardo DiCaprio spent $3 million on champagne at his birthday party.

The 'Wolf Of Wall Street' actor celebrated turning 38 last month at The Darby in New York and blew the huge amount on alcohol for his friends.

A source told In Touch Weekly magazine: 'He and his crew spent $3 million on Armand de Brignac. They ordered 18 cases, then requested more bottles!'

While Leonardo may have spent the huge amount, his party - which was attended by stars including Beyonce Knowles and her husband Jay-Z, Robert De Niro and Cameron Diaz - was in aid of a good cause.

The charitable star used the occasion to raise money for the Red Cross to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy by adding a fee to every bottle sold to be donated for charity.

Leonardo raised a total of $500,000 for American Red Cross, and all other donations went to charities supported by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation.

Guests - who also included Mark Ruffalo, Emma Watson, Chris Rock, and Miranda Kerr - were entertained by live performances from Django Reinhardt, Gary Clark Jr. and Eric Lewis.

http://www.monstersa...ge-alcohol-bill

Calibi

Tks for more Django screening comments :)

Agree one internet blogger's comments don't immediately define award nods ; many more screening aheads that will give us a better overall feel of industry /film critic reaction to Leo's and all performances.

Kat

Ditto :yes:

I also believe that an award does not define leos success as an actor

Tks for Leo birthday party article :)

Here more of Joanna Lumley and Leo:

Lumley, who at 66 is a grandmother of two and married to conductor Stephen Barlow, has 28 years on DiCaprio.

The age gap, however, has proved no barrier to their friendship. The pair could not have looked happier when they were photographed in a passionate embrace in a New York park for the forthcoming Martin Scorsese film The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Based on the memoir of sex, drugs, fraud, and mobsters of real-life New York stockbroker Jordan Belfort, played by DiCaprio, Lumley plays Londoner Patricia Mellor, Belfort's aunt-in-law. Despite a 30-year age gap, Jordan and Patricia develop a flirtatious friendship.

In between takes DiCaprio and Lumley laughed and joked but then this is not the first time the pair have encountered each other

They have, it transpires, been friends for some time, with DiCaprio going along to support her during her Broadway debut, aged 64, in 2004 in the play La Bªte. There is even some suggestion that he may have gently lobbied Scorsese to cast her in the role of Mellor.

"After seeing me on American television in Absolutely Fabulous, Leo came to see me on stage in La Bªte," says Joanna. He clearly made an impression. "Leonardo DiCaprio is enchanting," she says. "He is professional and kind and courteous. Everyone loves him and he is not remotely a big starry star."

Such is their friendship that she even jokingly suggests that she offers advice to the young DiCaprio. "I'm a mentor, obviously, to Leo. He does nothing without my say-so," she jokes. "Seriously though, he is terrific: a lovely, proper, professional, really fine actor. He is sensational and very beautiful too."

Their on-screen embrace was, says Lumley, not an unwelcome addition to the four scenes she shares with DiCaprio admitting rather naughtily that the actor was a "great" kisser.