Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Well, just like last week, Wednesday rolls around , and there is new Wolf casting news :)

Kyle Chandler is joining Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill in The Wolf Of Wall Street, the Martin Scorsese-directed adaptation of the Jordan Belfort memoir that was adapted by Boardwalk Empire creator Terence Winter. The film’s being financed by Red Granite.

DiCaprio plays Belfort, who experiences a dramatic rise on Wall Street, and gets lost in the drugs and other excess of a hard partying lifestyle that comes hand in hand with all that money. His downfall is precipitous, and he spent 22 months in jail before straightening out his life. Chandler will play FBI agent Coleman, who built the case against Belfort and took him down. Hill plays Belfort’s close friend and business partner who’s persuaded by Belfort to quit his job in the furniture business to jump into volatile world of stocks.

Red Granite Pictures principals Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland are producing with Appian Way’s DiCaprio, Sikelia Production’ Scorsese and Emma Koskoff, and EMJAG Productions’ Alexandra Milchan.

Since Chandler won an Emmy to wrap up his run as high school football coach Eric Taylor on Friday Night Lights, he has so far resisted offers to return for another series during this pilot season. Instead, he has been working steadily in features. That includes the Ben Affleck-directed Argo, Broken City with Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe, and Zero Dark Thirty, the Kathryn Bigelow-directed drama about the successful hunt by Navy SEAL Team 6 for 9/11 mastermind Osama Bin Laden. There is also the prospect of a Friday Night Lights feature at Imagine Entertainment and Universal, with Peter Berg at the center. Chandler is repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/kyle-chand...of-wall-street/

Leo /Django filming

Since I was here last I had a chance to look and see what role Sacha Cohen was playing, and it was a character that has big scenes with Leo's character, so , I guess we

know that to they cast the new Scotty , Leo's won't be totally finished his part of the filming. :(

tumblr_m3px81wrhf1qa2szuo1_500.jpg

Leo /Django filming

Since I was here last I had a chance to look and see what role Sacha Cohen was playing, and it was a character that has big scenes with Leo's character, so , I guess we

know that to they cast the new Scotty , Leo's won't be totally finished his part of the filming. :(

Now I'm worried about his coming to Rio,I dont believe that may happen again...and he had confirmed he would attend this event on facebook and twitter...I'm sad,though I know it's not his fault. :( Let's see, I still have hope.

Pami

The waiting for the role of Scotty to be cast , may just result in Leo having more free time to do other things as in go back to L.A. for a while or NY , and then come back to NO to finish the Scotty scenes.

I'm confident that in June Leo will be in your arms, oops I mean at the eco summitt :p

The guy below was a dancer used in some of the Gatsby dance scenes, he talks about Tobey & Gemma in excerpt below

Late last year Austin finished working on Leonardo DiCaprio’s latest venture The Great Gatsby, due out this year, which is directed by Baz Lurhman and also stars Casey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire.

“Tobey was also really short – for some of his scenes with Gemma Ward he had to stand on a box,” Austin chuckled.

He is set to begin rehearsals on his next project “Ivy League”, a production to be performed at corporate events.

Austin also teaches “Dance Intensity” workshops for kids every January at Busselton

http://www.busseltonmail.com.au/news/local...rs/2550216.aspx

Hey everyone :wave:

Wow! True that many have left the movie... :ermm: Wonder why these delays in production... Oxford you've read something about it?

Btw... What's this... Pami I'm confident that in June Leo will be in your arms. ... eyebrow1qb.gif

Over my dead body!!! :jimmy:

ByPrincess

As to Django recasting, I've only know about what I read and posted today.

We've known for a long time now that JGL wouldn't be free to do his small role.

Who knows, maybe, Tarantino already has someone in mind for Scotty role .

Personally, I'm leaving Tarantino focus on who can now play the part, while I'm just focusing on what we need to do to get some new pix !!!! :p

Pami

I fear you may need to find a very secured and remote spot for you and Leo to spend time when he comes to Rio :p

Btw... What's this... Pami I'm confident that in June Leo will be in your arms. ...

Over my dead body!!!

Crazy Oxford I was asking about the delays :whistle: but Ok... I would love to hear about your considerations for the roles :laugh:

Is true that Kurt Russell will not be either

Haha you girls are funny! :laugh:

I will follow your advice Oxford! :laugh:

I guess their parts were small? Sacha said that his part was just a "cameo". I think JGL's part was also very small.

although, not gonna lie, it is kind of worrying that people are dropping out this late into the filming. I mean they're probably replaceable but it just gives the press more gossip. There's already been a lot of controversy over this film. I haven't read the script myself but judging by the posts I've read online.. the black community is not going to be happy with this movie. I'm kind of nervous for Leo :/

I guess their parts were small? Sacha said that his part was just a "cameo". I think JGL's part was also very small.

although, not gonna lie, it is kind of worrying that people are dropping out this late into the filming. I mean they're probably replaceable but it just gives the press more gossip. There's already been a lot of controversy over this film. I haven't read the script myself but judging by the posts I've read online.. the black community is not going to be happy with this movie. I'm kind of nervous for Leo :/

Yes geegine,I do think the same. So many actors dropping out at the same time but I think we dont need to worry about Leo,cause we know it's just a role and a movie and Tarantino likes to create controversy. :p

I was worried about his coming to Brazil as well due to these problems but I think everything will be fine.

Talk about Kurt, Joseph and Sacha leaving Django. I don't care about Kurt, but was really excited to see Sacha and Joseph in the film!

"Django Unchained" is due in theaters on Christmas Day, but that hasn't prevented the film from going through some eleventh casting fluctuations.

Quentin Tarantino's latest has apparently lost both Sacha Baron Cohen and Kurt Russell from its impressive roster, which includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson and Don Johnson. Their departures come on the heels of news that Joseph Gordon-Levitt couldn't make an appearance in "Django Unchained" work out either.

Cohen revealed he wasn't a part of "Django" during an interview with Howard Stern; the actor -- who had been set for a cameo role -- was unable to make the film work out due to his press commitments for "The Dictator."

As for Russell, it's unclear as to why he's no longer participating in the film. His exit was confirmed by Variety reporter Jeff Sneider.

Meanwhile, Gordon-Levitt had to bow out because of his busy schedule.

"I've been in touch with Quentin about it, and it was so cool to trust me to do this little part in his movie," JoGo told MTV News. "I would have loved, loved to have done it. He's one of my very favorite filmmakers, and he was really supportive of me directing and that meant the world to me." Gordon-Levitt will make his directorial debut this year.

So, what does this all mean for the film? Probably nothing much! "Django Unchained" has been filming since the beginning of the year, and Cohen and Gordon-Levitt had small roles that can be easily replaced or cut altogether. Russell, on the other hand, had a big enough part to get mentioned in the official plot synopsis. Who will replace him should be known in the near future.

UPDATE: According to Ain't It Cool News writer "Mr. Beaks," Russell will not get replaced in "Django Unchained"; his role will get "absorbed" by Walton Goggins, who was already cast in the film as a man named "Billy Crash."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/d..._n_1505913.html

from aintitcool.com:

Remain calm. All is well.

Yes, it's incredibly disappointing to learn that Kurt Russell has bailed on Quentin Tarantino's DJANGO UNCHAINED (which is still shooting in New Orleans), but the production hasn't missed a beat. Russell's role of Ace Woody, a vicious underling of Leonardo DiCaprio's Calvin Candie, will not be recast; his part has essentially been absorbed by Walton Goggins, who plays the equally nasty Billy Crash. It's up to us fans of JUSTIFIED and THE SHIELD to explain to the rest of the world why an expanded role for Goggins is wholly acceptable.

As for why Russell left the production, I've talked to a few folks in the know, and they all say no explanation was given. It was not a dramatic departure; Tarantino quickly readjusted, and that was that. There was no "walking off the set", and Russell's exit certainly had nothing to do with Sacha Baron Cohen dropping out.

I've asked around, but no one seems clear as to what's going on with Cohen's role. Cohen was to appear as Scotty Harmony, a wealthy social misfit who acquires a female slave for companionship (Jonah Hill was actually Tarantino's first choice for the role), but his promotional duties on behalf of THE DICTATOR knocked him out of the film. It's a small role that helps set up the film's antagonist, plantation owner Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). It would be disappointing to lose that part of the script, but, if need be, it could be cut.

You'll recall that there was last-second recasting during the shoot of INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS, so this is definitely not cause for panic. It just so happens that he's got a huge cast, and a lot of name actors who'd kill to be in his film - and with a fixed December 25th release date, Tarantino simply doesn't have time to wait for actors' schedules to clear up. Aside from these minor snags, it sounds like DJANGO UNCHAINED is coming along beautifully.

So I guess it isn't that serious. Like I said, I've never read the script but it seems like they all had small antagonist parts.