Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Madalina Ghenea on Leonardo DiCaprio pictures: “There has been speculation that it was something organized.”

On Monday, Romanian-born model Madalina Ghenea was invited to a TV show to talk about her modeling career, acting, projects and the photos of her and Leonardo DiCaprio that appeared in the media.

The 23-year-old came back to her home country especially for this show, as this was her first time in a television studio.

As expected, during the show, Madalina was discreet about her ​​personal life, and prefered to talk more about her projects.

Antena 3 host, Mihai Gadea, presented some pictures of the model, accompanied by a short description each.

Tense moments were present too, with Madalina sketching a smile and appearing a little lost when the TV host showed pictures of DiCaprio.

post-52055-0-1446082920-77211_thumb.jpg

As for the pictures of her and the famous actor, the model made ​​a discrete description, saying that the photos were taken in Sydney.

Host: Can you tell us something about these photos?

Madalina Ghenea: I see nothing wrong in … What can I say?

Host: I never said it was something wrong, I think that’s good …

Madalina Ghenea: A very nice afternoon in Sydney, very nice …. if I were to make a description …

The moderator continued: That’s all?

“With a person that I care very much about,” replied Madalina.

Host: It’s the person in the picture, right? Right?

Madalina Ghenea: Yes.

Host: He looks very much like DiCaprio…

Madalina Ghenea: Yes, that’s strange …

Host: Strange, indeed …

Host: Was he talking on the phone?

Madalina Ghenea: Yes, he talks on the phone a lot …

Host: Was he trying to save someone on the Titanic? Was he talking to someone on the Titanic who needed help, or …

Madalina Ghenea: No, he was trying …

Host: Is this the same moment?

Madalina Ghenea: Yes, yes ..

Host: It’s in Sydney, right?

Madalina Ghenea: Still in Sydney, yes …

post-52055-0-1446082920-79742_thumb.jpg

After a brief photo presentation, the host wanted to find out more details and asked her if she had anything to add about the images. The model said that it was hard for her when the pictures emerged because she wanted to become famous for her projects and not by her association to DiCaprio.

Host: What else can you say about these photos?

Madalina Ghenea: I think any other comment is useless … What I can say is that for me it was a tragedy when these pictures came out.

Host: It was a tragedy? But why?

Madalina Ghenea: It was a tragedy because …

Host: When you were little you used to have a poster with DiCaprio in your room. Did you think back then that if someone took those photos of you and DiCaprio and talked about them it could be a drama? Why did it become a drama?

Madalina Ghenea: Of course I am happy that I know him, it was shocking to meet him. I met him in May at the Cannes festival last year, but these are memories that I’d like to keep to myself, they’re like my personal photo album, I care very much about my private life.

Madalina Ghenea: I want to be famous for the projects that I’m in and not for relationships.

Regarding these pictures, Madalina wanted to mention that when they came out it was not a pleasant surprise, as a week later the premiere of her film took place and journalists kept posting pictures of her in lingerie instead of focusing on her acting projects.

Madalina Ghenea: The thing is … I was catwalk model, I was a lingerie model and at one point I was fortunate enough to become a public figure, I was fortunate enough to become a brand ambassador, and play in a starring role a film with good earnings at the box office.

When they came out, the premiere was a week away. Normally, all journalists took these pictures and posted photos of me in underwear as a model and I was presented to the public and to the Romanians as a lingerie model when the truth is that I studied, I invested all my money in education, in order to get the chance to make a film and star in a major project in the end.

Ghenea was also disappointed that she became known to the public as DiCaprio’s girlfriend, a lingerie model and feared that her association with a star could harm her career.

Madalina Ghenea: My disappointment came from the fact that the public knew me as his girlfriend, a lingerie model. This is not what I want, I want more than that, it’s been 10 years of work, 10 years since I had the opportunity to make these pictures, and I never wanted to start relationships with important people because I think a character that is built on a star name will never succeed. Maybe just a year, perhaps in the tabloids but no director or producer who has invested a huge amount in a project will chose you for the lead role, or because you’re DiCaprio’s girlfriend, there’s no such thing.

Madalina Ghenea: On the contrary, it may damage that level when your audience because I accepted this invitation and this is the first time I’m in a TV studio, because I know your program and your audience at home and I’m interested in that particular level, not the tabloids.

Madalina Ghenea: “There has been speculation that it was something organized…”

Host: In the sense that it was a matter of PR, as they say ..

Madalina Ghenea: Yes, there’s no such thing, you can’t take a sheet of paper and write: organize shooting with DiCaprio etc, for after all he’s not a model that I hired to take a picture with me, there is no such thing.

post-52055-0-1446082920-81943_thumb.jpg

SITE

I posted just because, you know... she is talking about Leo.

lol.. well if she really didn't want to talk about it, she could've requested beforehand for the show to not bring up the subject.

anyways, hi I'm new to this forum :) I've been lurking for a while and I finally decided to make an account.

I'm excited by the great gatsby news! I'm especially glad that there's a lot of positive response to the 3D, because a lot of people were criticizing baz's decision to film in that format

Hey girls!

I agree, the thing with Madalina was so overexposed, but I truly believe her. I really think she met him, maybe they had affair, but they both wanted it to stay private. She is right, that being "Leonardo Dicaprio's girlfriend" may open some doors for you, but not the important ones (like movie role etc).

The thing is, the press is sooo crazy about Leo, they only need a photo of him and a girl to claim her as his girlfriend.

OOooh Gatsby clips shown! I want to seeeeeeee them! I can't wait for this Christmas just because it will be so Leo filled. :rofl:

Also, I don't dislike Madalina, but I wish either she or the media in her country would stfu - even if she and Leo had an affair, it was for like a few days/weeks like 8 months ago. GET OVER IT. It's not that amazing - just a few pictures of you at the beach with Leo and like 5 other guys she could be hanging out with/dating. Zzzz.

OOooh Gatsby clips shown! I want to seeeeeeee them! I can't wait for this Christmas just because it will be so Leo filled. :rofl:

Also, I don't dislike Madalina, but I wish either she or the media in her country would stfu - even if she and Leo had an affair, it was for like a few days/weeks like 8 months ago. GET OVER IT. It's not that amazing - just a few pictures of you at the beach with Leo and like 5 other guys she could be hanging out with/dating. Zzzz.

Agreed! :PinkCouture2:

I think they just need to show something to gain an audience,that's it.

Princess...a bad girl also does some bad things with his boyfriend....hum.... :shifty::laugh:

Tks for the tweets and articles girls!!! :wub:

More commentary on the recently seen Gatsby footage . The comments below really say a lot because they are coming for a male , and when a guy starts telling you that all the women will go wild over Leo in this movie, and that Carey will be known as the 'luckiest actress in the world' that really says something !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Next up was Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, adapted from the classic novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and the big question of why he'd make a drama in 3D was finally revealed as we watched some unfinished footage in 3D that still looked fantastic.

It was immediately apparent what 3D brought to the mix as we watched a car speed up to Gatsby's Hamptons estate and Tobey Maguire's Nick Carraway gets out of the car and experiences a wild swinging '20s party scene that could only have been orchestrated by the director of Moulin Rouge!. We get to see a bit of Isla Fischer's Myrtle Wilson in this scene, as everyone talks about the mysterious Gatsby who never seems to be around at these parties. We then see Leo as Gatsby for the first time as fireworks are going off behind him, but there's a sadness in this man, something we can tell as we watch a fantastic wordless scene where Leo's Gatsby walks inside the mansion from the rain, wipes off his hair and then walks to a room where Mulligan's Daisy Buchanan is standing surrounded by what looked like white lilies. A lot of the footage included shots of Leo cuddling with Carey Mulligan, who will forever be known to women all over the world as the "Luckiest actress in the world." It's hard to talk about the visually-driven footage too much, but the 3D was used to great effect to create the mansion's vastness. Much of the music accompanying the footage seemed contemporary, which was an interesting choice. From what we saw, we expect the movie to be huge, maybe not as big as Titanic, but definitely up there with The Aviator or some of Leo's other movies because women are going to be flocking to see this one again and again.

From what we saw, we expect the movie to be huge, maybe not as big as Titanic, but definitely up there with The Aviator or some of Leo's other movies because women are going to be flocking to see this one again and again.

Wow Oxford!! That truly says everything! :clap:

But truth be told, Leo always crushes our hearts! :drool:

thanks Nanda! :wave: your siggie text is so good!

Thanks, Sick :wave:.

From what we saw, we expect the movie to be huge, maybe not as big as Titanic, but definitely up there with The Aviator or some of Leo's other movies because women are going to be flocking to see this one again and again.

More I read, more I want to see this... it's gonna be so hard have to wait until january (here in Brazil <_<). Thanks a lot, Oxford.

Tks Pami for the pic.

Giuliana Rancic talks about meet Leo

After graduate school, Rancic moved to Los Angeles, where she worked as a restaurant hostess and in a mail room to pay bills. Once, she delivered a chance package to Leonardo DiCaprio.

"Afterward I saw I had a piece of relish in my teeth the whole time," Rancic said. "So my advice is never eat a chili dog with relish before you meet Leonardo DiCaprio."

:laugh:

SOURCE