Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

@kellybsblover especially when you consider between Critters 3 and TBL/WEEG are only 2 years. That's an impressively short time for his development of acting skills. I mean yeah the script and everything of Critters 3 was probably pretty low but it's still a remarkable change of his skills for not only the better but oscar level better at such a young age.

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

@kellybsblover especially when you consider between Critters 3 and TBL/WEEG are only 2 years. That's an impressively short time for his development of acting skills. I mean yeah the script and everything of Critters 3 was probably pretty low but it's still a remarkable change of his skills for not only the better but oscar level better at such a young age.

Yes I agree so gifted.

In a jokingly, non-offensive manner, I'd wish my mother would be limber enough to hear that someone has missed out on the greatest version of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, so I could witness her vehement dedication in educating those unfortunate souls, to witness her crusading and campaigning for 1968/69 and the supporting ensuing years to be again just for the sake of that version @Jade Bahr.

And speaking of the 60s...live or have access to the Los Angeles area? Well, OUATIH will be back in the cinema at the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles on April 21-23. (It's about time Quentin released some deleted/ behind the scenes extensive footage...🙏.

8 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

In a jokingly, non-offensive manner, I'd wish my mother would be limber enough to hear that someone has missed out on the greatest version of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, so I could witness her vehement dedication in educating those unfortunate souls, to witness her crusading and campaigning for 1968/69 and the supporting ensuing years to be again just for the sake of that version @Jade Bahr.

And speaking of the 60s...live or have access to the Los Angeles area? Well, OUATIH will be back in the cinema at the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles on April 21-23. (It's about time Quentin released some deleted/ behind the scenes extensive footage...🙏.

omg I've been wanting to visit his theater for the longest time...next time I'm in LA. Hopefully this year or the next.

So first Leo was the lead, then it was Jesse Plemons and now it is De Niro? What is going on??? 😂

Rumor: Robert De Niro is the Lead of ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’

Some more “Killers of the Flower Moon” updates because more intel is being spilt, post-Cannes announcement.

Firstly, Variety reported earlier today that the film runs “nearly 4 hours” which led a few people to email me about its accuracy.

I reached out to ‘Killers’ screenwriter Eric Roth about the runtime, and he plainly stated:

People like to throw out numbers. I find it rather meaningless. Mr. Scorsese's work speaks for itself. I'm just proud to be associated with this remarkable movie.

Roth also seemed unaware as to whether or not the film would compete for the Palme d’Or, adding, “I think it will have a much deserved reception however it is shown.”

Roger Friedman’s reporting last month had mentioned that the latest cut for Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” clocked in at 3 hours 20 minutes. Is that “nearly” 4 hours?

Scorsese’s last film, “The Irishman,” was released in 2019 as a 3 hour 30 minute epic. The legendary filmmaker loves his lengthy films, with his last few (“Silence” “The Wolf of Wall Street”) coming in at just under three hours.

Additionally, Friedman has a new piece up today, detailing the Killers/Cannes announcement. Most of the writeup has to do with the basic facts that we already know. However, Friedman does mention something particularly interesting. He’s hearing Robert De Niro is the lead of the film and that his performance is said to be “spectacular.” Leonardo DiCaprio's role is a strong supporting turn.

That’s news to me, and for most people. I reached out to Roger and he told me that what he wrote was no typo, De Niro is definitely the lead. De Niro’s William Hale, and his protege, DiCaprio’s Ernest Burkhart, were the evils perpetrated upon the Osage Nation — they inflicted brutal savagery on that community. If the film focuses on these two guys then we’re in for a very grim picture.

The only photo that’s been released of “Killers of the Flower Moon” is the one of Leonardo Dicaprio and Lily Gladstone sitting at the table. We’ve been assuming all along that the film would focus on them. If De Niro is indeed the lead then it’s basically going to catch everyone off-guard.

Initial production on the $200 million budgeted ‘Killers’ wrapped in October of 2021. Then a series of reshoots occurred in mid-2022, both in New York City and Oklahoma.

Between pre and post, Scorsese’s been working on this one for three years now. I doubt he’s even concentrating on his next film, which is supposed to be an adaptation of David Grann’s “The Wager.”

‘Killers’, written by Roth, stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Jesse Plemons, Robert De Niro and Lily Gladstone. Its source material is the best-selling 2017 non-fiction book by Grann, which is based on the series of 1920s Oklahoma murders in the Osage Nation committed after oil was discovered on tribal land.

Source

I mean LOL (excerpt back from the "rough" cut from the very same site):

I've heard nothing but amazing things about "Killers of The Flower Moon". Paramount and Apple are very excited. Leonardo Dicaprio, Jesse Plemons and Lily Gladstone’s performances are top-notch. Oscar noms for all 3 of them. DeNiro's role is shorter than it is in the book.

2 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

So first Leo was the lead, then it was Jesse Plemons and now it is De Niro? What is going on??? 😂

Rumor: Robert De Niro is the Lead of ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’

Some more “Killers of the Flower Moon” updates because more intel is being spilt, post-Cannes announcement.

Firstly, Variety reported earlier today that the film runs “nearly 4 hours” which led a few people to email me about its accuracy.

I reached out to ‘Killers’ screenwriter Eric Roth about the runtime, and he plainly stated:

People like to throw out numbers. I find it rather meaningless. Mr. Scorsese's work speaks for itself. I'm just proud to be associated with this remarkable movie.

Roth also seemed unaware as to whether or not the film would compete for the Palme d’Or, adding, “I think it will have a much deserved reception however it is shown.”

Roger Friedman’s reporting last month had mentioned that the latest cut for Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” clocked in at 3 hours 20 minutes. Is that “nearly” 4 hours?

Scorsese’s last film, “The Irishman,” was released in 2019 as a 3 hour 30 minute epic. The legendary filmmaker loves his lengthy films, with his last few (“Silence” “The Wolf of Wall Street”) coming in at just under three hours.

Additionally, Friedman has a new piece up today, detailing the Killers/Cannes announcement. Most of the writeup has to do with the basic facts that we already know. However, Friedman does mention something particularly interesting. He’s hearing Robert De Niro is the lead of the film and that his performance is said to be “spectacular.” Leonardo DiCaprio's role is a strong supporting turn.

That’s news to me, and for most people. I reached out to Roger and he told me that what he wrote was no typo, De Niro is definitely the lead. De Niro’s William Hale, and his protege, DiCaprio’s Ernest Burkhart, were the evils perpetrated upon the Osage Nation — they inflicted brutal savagery on that community. If the film focuses on these two guys then we’re in for a very grim picture.

The only photo that’s been released of “Killers of the Flower Moon” is the one of Leonardo Dicaprio and Lily Gladstone sitting at the table. We’ve been assuming all along that the film would focus on them. If De Niro is indeed the lead then it’s basically going to catch everyone off-guard.

Initial production on the $200 million budgeted ‘Killers’ wrapped in October of 2021. Then a series of reshoots occurred in mid-2022, both in New York City and Oklahoma.

Between pre and post, Scorsese’s been working on this one for three years now. I doubt he’s even concentrating on his next film, which is supposed to be an adaptation of David Grann’s “The Wager.”

‘Killers’, written by Roth, stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Jesse Plemons, Robert De Niro and Lily Gladstone. Its source material is the best-selling 2017 non-fiction book by Grann, which is based on the series of 1920s Oklahoma murders in the Osage Nation committed after oil was discovered on tribal land.

Source

I mean LOL (excerpt back from the "rough" cut from the very same site):

I've heard nothing but amazing things about "Killers of The Flower Moon". Paramount and Apple are very excited. Leonardo Dicaprio, Jesse Plemons and Lily Gladstone’s performances are top-notch. Oscar noms for all 3 of them. DeNiro's role is shorter than it is in the book.

What to believe, that's the question🤔

Cause nothing happening right now here's my ranking of all Romeo & Juliet + also kinda connected movies with the infamous star crossed lovers I have seen.

romeo-and-juliet-image-tout.jpg&q=60

originals

Romeo & Juliet (1996)

Romeo & Juliet (1968 )

Romeo & Juliet (2013)

Gnomeo & Juliet (2011)

stage plays

Romeo & Juliet (2016) - with Richard Madden + Lily James

Romeo & Juliet (2014) - with Orlando Bloom + Condola Rashād

stories in the R&J universe

Shakespeare in Love (1998 )

West Side Story (2021)

West Side Story (1961)

Letters to Juliet (2010)

Warm Bodies (2013)

Rosaline (2022)

Still Star-Crossed (2017)

Romeo Must Die (2000)

If anyone has more recommendations I'm happy to hear! 😀

Check out 'Love Jones' Jade when you get a chance. That's a complicated, kinda star-crossed lovers type of situation🥰. It stars Nia Long and Larenz 
Tate. The film itself is okay, but they do have hot chemistry!

WEGG will always hold a special place in my heart when it comes to 90s Leo 😁

Thanks Barbie, Jade and YouNoMe for the articles and pics :wub:

43 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

But I thought he was in love with GiGi?! 😂 People on here had Leo meeting her two year old!🙄🤣

Girl, what you're doing  here?    :idk:   

Only posts when it's something related to Gigi and usually just to trash talk her. What a troll!   :angry: