Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I saw Being the Ricardos. Bardem's performance was really not awards worthy. Leo did so much better.

I've seen Cumberbatch, Garfield and Smith. They were all good/solid perfomances which i would call oscar worthy. 

I could not go through The Tragedy of Macbeth with Washington. Shakespearian language and black and white in old format...That was a little too much for me☺️

Jade

As always everyone has their own perceptions of films and performances , I wasn't a fan of Ricardos as a film,  and personally , for my taste,   I would not have nominated Bardem over Leo for BA , and nor would I have given a SA nod to Jesse P for POD 

And while I'm disappointed Leo didn't get a nod, I'm shocked that Lady Gaga, who received all the precursor nods ( GG, CC, SAG, BAFTA) for BA didn't get an Oscar nod , that rarely happens 

• Sheesh, I'm probably the only forum member around that voted against the flow of traffic. Leo is the best, a cheesy clichéd expression, but accurate. Dr. Mindy was just Rick Dalton with excessive facial hair, glasses, and a Ph.D., the academy probably betted on a later role for the chap. 

• As far as Lucifer goes, well Ms. @Mirella, I can't say I have seen it, simply because because I haven't. There's no television in my space and I'm too self-involved to get up and go to where one is. But I wonder what's Leo true stance on religion. He tackles the subject fairly, and a sense of deity throughout his projects.

• Being the Ricardos, I find the story of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz interesting, but I haven't gotten around to it.

I kinda like countdowns, I hope no one else has beaten me to this...but if so, when blaze with a supernova, one is bound for repetition.

6 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

^wondered the same. Even though you don't like to hear the song it was a pretty smart, funny, on point and very fitting song for the movie itself.

I actually checked the song noms twice :rofl:

It doesn't make sense this song was not nominated, tbh.