Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Two new Leo interviews  talking about  Revenant , as well as , his family

http://emanuellevy.com/pick-of-the-week/revenant-dicaprios-most-physical-and-spiritual-journey/

Connection with Other Actors

I was separated from a lot of them, but all of them were wonderful to work with as well as Kristoffer. and it was for me, the movie was either me on a gurney, (laughs) being pulled by them or alone with my son or completely alone in the wilderness with Donald or Arthur and I wasn’t really part of it and that’s how I wanted my character to be as well and I wanted him to be within and without, and he is an isolationist and he has a son who is half Native American and he knows implicitly that he can’t be part of this group and there is an inherent hate and racism there and they just need to disappear.   They are all wonderful actors, and to me there is not a false performance in this movie.  But I did try to isolate myself away from them a lot.

http://www.mb.com.ph/leo-on-his-parents-tough-challenges-in-doing-revenant/#VH8rjpKWoiWo4od8.99

As for his relationship with his mother, the former Irmelin Indenbirken, a German-born legal secretary, who raised him when she separated with Leo’s father, Leo smiled and said, “My mother is like a fine wine in the sense that she becomes more blatantly honest as she gets older. It’s very German and I will not say on record that she is reminding me of my grandmother because she doesn’t want to hear that.

“But my God, as she is going into retirement right now she is absolutely, unbelievably, relentlessly honest in every scenario and it’s becoming a badge of courage for her, some sort of bit of pride for her to be able to tell people exactly what the hell she thinks. It puts me into a lot of situations where I have to explain afterwards what she truly means, but I have got to tell you, it’s amazing, it’s entertaining and it’s fantastic. But sometimes, I need to quell her honesty.”

So how does he handle her honesty, we asked. “I laugh at it because I actually aspire to be like that one day. I am sure I will. It’s inevitable and it’s in our DNA. It came from our grandmother and she was the grand master of honesty.”

They had Revenant screenings this weekend for DGA in Hollywood, as well as,  college students in Toronto

Below is reaction from one of those who saw the film in Toronto

5reasons.jpg

According to Miami Herald article below  Leo has arrived for this week's Art Basel event

At same time the BAFTA member who tweeted about Revenant screening with Q&A with Leo did mean that it would be happening in London this coming Sunday , so I guess that is where  Leo will head from Miami   ??  

Leonardo DiCaprio gets an early jump on Art Basel

Leonardo DiCaprio, an Art Basel regular, got in town early and was seen supping Sunday at Scarpetta with LIV honcho David Grutman and about 30 other people

From Hollywood Reporter the 2015 International Press Satellite Awards were announced this morning

The ten best picture nominees range alphabetically from 'The Big Short' to 'Spotlight.'

Getting a jump on the competition in the rush to issue year-end awards pronouncements, the International Press Academy has unveiled nominations for its 20th annual Satellite Awards in 19 film categories and another 13 TV categories. Winners will be announced at a ceremony to be held in Los Angeles on Feb. 21.

The IPA, which was founded in 1996 and is a group of domestic and foreign journalists, issued a list of ten best motion picture nominees that consists of The Big Short, Black Mass, Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, Carol, The Martian, The Revenant, Room, Sicario and Spotlight. The winner will be announced at a ceremony to be held in Los Angeles on Feb. 21.

Seven actors are nominated for best motion picture actor: Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl; Johnny Depp, Black Mass; Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant; Matt Damon, The Martian; Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs; Tom Hardy, Legend; and Will Smith, Concussion. Six actresses are nominated for best motion picture actress: Blythe Danner, I’ll See You in My Dreams; Brie Larson, Room; Carey Mulligan, Sufragette; Cate Blanchett, Carol; Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years; and Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn.

The Animation Film Society Nominees were ,also, announced this morning , and Revenant received a nomination for the bear.

According to what I read in article , the crew of Revenant named the bear 'Judy', so that is how she is listed in the award nomination 

The Revenant – Judy - Regency Enterprises, New Regency Pictures, Anonymous Content, M Productions, Appian Way, RatPac-Dune Entertainment - Animation Supervisor: Matthew Shumway, Lead Digital Artist: Adrian Millington, Digital Artist: Blaine Toderian, Digital Artist: Alexander Poei, Digital Artist: Kevin Lan