Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

You guys, I'm currently reading the very first pages of this thread and omg everybody's fighting over Leo's private life ! It's so embarrassing to read some comments :mellow:

Well, just so you know that WE are great fans aha I really love how we all support Leo whatever he does ! :grouphug:

Not that we need a confirmation to know that is total BS, but gossip cop says the club story is false.

Leonardo DiCaprio allegedly threw a fit over a personal appearance on New Year’s Eve, according to The Sun.

The paper claims the actor had been hired to party at Marquee in Sydney, Australia, but “wasn’t happy about his payment for the night and demanded to leave after just ten minutes.”

DiCaprio was supposedly “overheard” by The Sun shouting, “Do you think I want to be here? I left my family at home for this. We have a contract.”

The outlet alleges that club bosses “told the star that he wouldn’t get paid unless he stayed for an extra ten minutes,” but that DiCaprio cut his evening short anyway.

Except… this supposed club drama never happened, and The Sun should really, really look into getting more reliable DiCaprio “sources.”

The story is “100 percent false on all accounts,” a source close to the situation tells Gossip Cop.

We’re assured DiCaprio stayed at Marquee past midnight, and there was absolutely no argument between the actor and club management.

http://www.gossipcop...fight-argument/

Not that we need a confirmation to know that is total BS, but gossip cop says the club story is false.

Leonardo DiCaprio allegedly threw a fit over a personal appearance on New Year’s Eve, according to The Sun.

The paper claims the actor had been hired to party at Marquee in Sydney, Australia, but “wasn’t happy about his payment for the night and demanded to leave after just ten minutes.”

DiCaprio was supposedly “overheard” by The Sun shouting, “Do you think I want to be here? I left my family at home for this. We have a contract.”

The outlet alleges that club bosses “told the star that he wouldn’t get paid unless he stayed for an extra ten minutes,” but that DiCaprio cut his evening short anyway.

Except… this supposed club drama never happened, and The Sun should really, really look into getting more reliable DiCaprio “sources.”

The story is “100 percent false on all accounts,” a source close to the situation tells Gossip Cop.

We’re assured DiCaprio stayed at Marquee past midnight, and there was absolutely no argument between the actor and club management.

http://www.gossipcop...fight-argument/

50327-leonardo-dicaprio-653x367.jpg

Sooooooooo many good news and I dont even know where to start...just claps and claps for our dreamy Leo!!

post-61708-0-1446084816-16138_thumb.gif

First of all...I'm really happy to see he will be honored at Santa Barbara Festival...he truly deserves it!! :clap:

OMG...and also Django was #1 at box office!!! What else should I say about it? :clap:

Ox, Django releases on the 17th here too.

Unfortunately I was stupid enough to plan my bday-party that weekend, but I'll try and see it the weekend after :yes:

Glad to hear the Star story was false :)

Kinda sad about this, would have liked to see Sacha and Leo in the same movie, but since he'd only have one scene his choice makes sense.

Sacha Baron Cohen Chose 'Les Miserables' Over 'Django Unchained,' Explains What His Small Role Would Have Been

Most actors would kill to have the kind of "Sophie's Choice" decision Sacha Baron Cohen was faced with about a year ago. Way back in the fall of 2011, it was reported that the comic actor had boarded Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained." But six months later, the actor had dropped out (one of a handful who came and went -- like Kevin Costner, Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Anthony LaPaglia -- as the film's production grew longer and longer). So, what gives? Well, it looks like a meatier role coupled with a tight deadline forced him out.

"I was editing 'The Dictator' and we were very close to release and Paramount wouldn’t push the date. And then I knew I’d have to jump straight from there into 'Les Mis[erables]' and it basically became a choice of either pulling out of 'Les Mis' or pulling out of 'Django,' " the actor told Deadline. "I’m sure 'Django' is an incredible movie, but it was essentially one scene." (Cohen also said last spring that the press tour for "The Dictator" was also problematic for scheduling).

So who was he going to play? "It was a character by the name of Scotty, whom Leonardo DiCaprio’s character plays a poker game with. The stakes become Scotty’s slave girl, Broomhilda," he said. But there's a bit more to it than that. It was a rather long, tangential flashback explaining how Broomhilda was sold to DiCaprio's Calvin Candie in the first place. The character was Scotty Harmony, who in early drafts was an overweight 24-year-old who comes into possession of Broomhilda thanks to his father, who buys her for him, to help boost his confidence. Harmony's also deeply enarmored by her, and this whole sequence tries to display another ugly secret of the racism of the south: the white men had no problems having black girlfriends known as Ponys in their underground clubs. Whether or not this is another historical fabrication of Tarantino's -- we haven't researched it enough -- it sure sounds like it. And as you know by now, the character and the scene didn't wind up making the final film anyway.

So did Cohen make the right choice? He's certainly bringing some much needed life and levity to "Les Miserables" in theaters now, and the audience we saw the movie with loved his take on "Master Of The House." But either way, 'Django' seems to be doing just fine without him.

Crazylady, Girl, Leolover, and Wijn

Tks to all of you for your reply to my question about when you will be able to see Django :flower:

I look forward to the time when we can discuss Calvin Candie & the movie as a group .

Barbie & Mz_Linz

Yes, such a handsome face and beatiful blue eyes; agree he is aging like fine wine :p

Wijn

Tks for article about Sacha :)

Having read the script ahead , I was disappointed to see the scene dropped, however, I do feel that not having it made to me the dinner scene with Calvin ,Schultz, and Django even more powerful.