Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

You Leo fans are so dedicated. Love it! I see so many Gatsby avatars and sigs, I'll be honest, I do not have much optimism for Luhrmann's version of the Great Gatsby, as I think he has done not one worthy thing since Moulin Rouge! . I do however think Leo looks flawless in the trailer, absolutely flawless. Drool. Personally, I am more excited for Django Unchained. Way too excited. Counting down already... and he looks wicked!!!!! Leo playing a villain in a Tarantino movie :ddr: :ddr: :ddr: :ddr: :ddr:make%20it%20clap.gif

So Erin is on her way home to NY tonight ;) I think Ive heard it being tweeted that Leo is still in NY? Hope they can have some more time together. I guess wanting more pics is asking for too much haha but I can dreamI%20dont%20know.gif

No, no... it's not asking too much. I also want more pics of the lovely couple.

muah! Cherrybomb nice to see you over here from Adriana's thread :brows: I also can't wait! Best Christmas ever :p I also don't think he has done something very good since Moulin Rogue, and it looks like Gatsby can overcome it.

Angelwings: I hope this can happen :flower:

Thanks Audrina for more pics :)

Angelwings

Thanks for news that Erin is on her way back to NY ; yes, I would love to see more new pix of her and Leo :heart:

Cherrybomb

I agree that Leo looked terrific as Gatsby :)

As to Baz, he doesn't do a lot of movies, infact , it was almost 7 years between Moulin and Australia. The only movie he has done since Australia is Gatsby.

I'm a fan of his Strictly Ballroom , R&J , Moulin Rouge, but Australia wasn't a favorite.

Kat

Thanks for Django /Leo/Oscar article :)

Cherrybomb

I agree that Leo looked terrific as Gatsby :)

As to Baz, he doesn't do a lot of movies, infact , it was almost 7 years between Moulin and Australia. The only movie he has done since Australia is Gatsby.

I'm a fan of his Strictly Ballroom , R&J , Moulin Rouge, but Australia wasn't a favorite.

Hi Ox,

Yes I know Luhrmann hasn't done too many movies. I'm a huge movie freak, so I keep up with most directors lol. I enjoyed Strictly Ballroom too, but it came out before Moulin Rouge! And I was saying that I don't think he has done anything worthy since - and as you said, it had been a while.. I had much hope for Australia, but upon watching it...I was pretty underwhelmed. For me, Romeo + Juliet was a massive fail. I think it's a matter of personal taste though, in some aspects I appreciated the modern take on an old Shakespeare tale, but it didn't do it for me. I'm just scared that he's going to go over the top with the Great Gatsby. It's one of my favorite works of literature (along with many other F. Scott Fitzgerald pieces). Although Luhrmann captures the theme of excess, liveliness, and luxury extremely well in his trailer...I really think that he's not going to hit one of the core foundations of the Great Gatsby and Jay Gatsby's character, which is the art of subtlety. It's a principle theme in most of Fitzgerald's works. I guess we'll have to see, I will for sure watch it and I really hope Luhrmann can prove my doubts wrong! :) :wave:

IDK if this has been posted yet :)

Will 'Django Unchained' Win Leonardo Dicaprio An Oscar?

http://www.contactmu...n-oscar_1341676

I hope so Kat ;)

Django Unchained is going to be an Oscar contender For Sure. I'm not a huge fan of Foxx, as far as his acting goes but Christoph Waltz and Leo? One of them will be nominated without doubt. I'm so looking forward to seeing what Leo can do with a role this complex. I'm also simply looking forward to what Tarantino can bring out in Leo.

i love all the points being made here. i'll be the first to admit how skeptical i was when they announced Baz was going to direct Gatsby. i LOVED his Moulin Rouge! (it's one of my favorite movies ever) but that was the only movie in his filmography that i liked. i thought his style was going to be too much and detract from the story, but after seeing the trailer, my worries have been quelled. i'm confident that this film will be another success in the vain of Moulin Rouge!. it'll be big and flashy and an absolute feast for the eyes, but those moments contrasted with the darker, more deeper moments, will work great. i'm really excited to see another trailer or TV spots...and of course, the actual film. Baz knows how to make his audiences laugh and cry and then laugh some more with little effort...when he does his work properly, it's AMAZING!

as for seeing what Tarantino will bring out in Leo, i know that will be nothing short of perfection. even from the trailer, you can see that leo's already looking looser. and to quote what someone after watching that ten minute reel of footage that was previewed at Cannes, it truly does look like leo is having the time of his life. this is a whole new spectrum of emotion that leo has never played and i can't even begin to describe my excitement to see him as the villain. and like cherrybomb said, the film has too many things in its favour for it to not be a massive contender this award's season.

i just can't wait until christmas. six months seems like an eternity away!

Personally I love Baz Luhrmann is one of my favorite director, I grew up with two movie Titanic and Moulin Rouge.I love his universe,his unique. Romeo + Juliet is one of my favorite movie of Leo I've always loved the story and the idea of ​​keeping the dialogue of Shakespeare makes the film unique, and also because I love Claire Danes and Leo together. I REALLY can't wait for The Great Gatsby it's rest one of my favorite novel of all the time and the character of Jay Gatsby is perfect, and too for Django Unchained sure. :)

neon

I definitely agree about Django! Tarantino is one of my favorite directors, and over time I have taken such delight in observing what he has the power to do for so many actors. He's such a liberating force and he preaches individuality. I love it so much! Cannot wait. and about the Gatsby, I think the visuals in the trailer were mind blowing, it felt like you were at a Party! I just think he went over the top and missed making it look like a Gatsby party. But hey, all we've seen is one trailer. I hope the next can change my mind! I think it was so intelligent of Luhrmann to cast 'Amitabh Bachchan' as Meyer Wolfsheim, he is a bollywood legend and his charisma and mere presence is going to draw so many more to this film.

Makelt I love claire danes too :)

Ah 2012, great year for our Leo boy! :wub:

Cherrybomb

Personally I very much liked Baz's "R&J' and feel Baz knows how to intertwine over the top and subtle; there's nothing about the recent trailer that makes me feel it won't be a success .

I agree a great year ahead for Leo :)

Neon & Cherrybomb

As to Leo 'being loser' , personally to me we've already seen Leo display a looser side in "CYMC". Several of Leo's previous movies have had light hearted moments that required a 'comic touch' ,and Leo showed he is up to the task :)

Shine

Thanks for the Paramount 100 year pix !!! :clap:

So far I've haven't found it at store yet.

Did you end up getting the Paramount picture? If not, here it is. (If you did, then sorry for the repost!)

post-60661-0-1446083220-62552_thumb.jpg

source: mirand-ah @ tumblr!

scorsese isn't close enough to leo! no, haha, just kidding. what a fabulous picture. i can't wait for the behind the scenes stuff on ET...i want to know how many shots it took before they got that one!

ox:

i agree 100% there have definitely been lighter moments in all his films (lest we forget that precious moment in j. edgar where he was being silly with the flowers for clyde) and he has not disappointed. it'll just be nice to see him in a properly loose role :)

I actually don't think that Django Unchained is going to necessarily make Leo 'looser' but I think that it will make him more creative. Tarantino is known for letting his actors dive into themselves with creativity much more than most directors. I think that we'll see Leo from both an acting stand point as well as a creative/directing stand point. not actually physically directing, but I hope you guys get my point. Nothing about the characters in the tarantino films are really "loose" though, so maybe what neon meant was that he'll be more wacked and wired (in a good way), but still nothing short of complex! Just my opinion :)

Does anyone know when Leo might plan to do something with his purchased rights to Devil in the White City? now there's something to already be excited about! I'm also excited for another Scorsese and Leo collabo. The wolf of wall street? Oh god. why must we have to wait. My favorite director! Scorsese and Leo have such a way with each other, makes me smile.

this is the most time I've ever spent in the Leo thread, you guys are much more relaxed and drama free. I might stay :)

I actually don't think that Django Unchained is going to necessarily make Leo 'looser' but I think that it will make him more creative. Tarantino is known for letting his actors dive into themselves with creativity much more than most directors. I think that we'll see Leo from both an acting stand point as well as a creative/directing stand point. not actually physically directing, but I hope you guys get my point. Nothing about the characters in the tarantino films are really "loose" though, so maybe what neon meant was that he'll be more wacked and wired (in a good way), but still nothing short of complex! Just my opinion :)

Does anyone know when Leo might plan to do something with his purchased rights to Devil in the White City? now there's something to already be excited about! I'm also excited for another Scorsese and Leo collabo. The wolf of wall street? Oh god. why must we have to wait. My favorite director! Scorsese and Leo have such a way with each other, makes me smile.

this is the most time I've ever spent in the Leo thread, you guys are much more relaxed and drama free. I might stay :)

i get what you mean, that's exactly what i was trying to imply! :) quentin is great for that, it usually brings out the best in actors.

Neon

Yes, good example : flowers/Clyde. Or I loved Leo's facial expression when they confront the men in the jungle in BD and Madi saves the day, or when he asks her if she gave them her autograph. Another example is the scene in Aviator when he is trying to win over the censor board to approve his Outlaw film, or when Ava is confronting him about the bugs in the house. Another would be the the scene in RR when he is playing with the kids ,or when he is imitating the head boss as he lies on the sofa.

Cherrybomb

Hope you do stay :)

Great decription of Tarantino's characters :

wacked and wired (in a good way), but still nothing short of complex

No, I haven't read anything more about Devil . I know the guy who wrote Satori says they are presently working on script , so I guess that is still on.

Have you read Devil ?