Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Not directly Leo related but Leo adjacent. 
Lily Gladstone is currently filming another indigenous movie in Oklahoma. Here is one of the casting calls that came through today.

JULY 27, 2022

CASTING CALL:
FANCY DANCE Feature Film
Indigenous people and others for feature film - Tulsa, OK

NOTE: If you have already submitted for this film, there is no need to submit again.

FANCY DANCE
Feature Film
SAG-AFTRA Modified Low Budget Agreement
Producers: Deidre Backs, Tommy Oliver, Heather Rae, Nina Yang Bongiovi, Erica Tremblay
Director: Erica Tremblay
Writers: Erica Tremblay Miciana Alise
Casting Director: Chris Freihofer (local casting)
Casting Associate: Jenn Rader
Casting Assistant: Nhan Le
Start Date: August 15, 2022 (5 weeks)
Audition Dates: ASAP - SELF TAPE ONLY
Callback Dates: TBD
Rate of Pay: MLB Scale ($370/day +10%)

NOTES:
This film has its roots in the Sundance Lab. Erica Tremblay is a writer/director on Reservation Dogs Season 2 and Executive Story Editor of Dark Winds.

STORYLINE
 Following her sister's disappearance, an Indigenous hustler kidnaps her niece from her white grandparents and sets out for the state powwow to keep what’s left of their family intact.

CAST:
JAX - Lily Gladstone

BREAKDOWN OF LOCAL ROLES

[DONNA] 45 to 60 years old, white female. Middle-class, by-the-book social worker. Donna does her best to navigate the complicated laws of Indian Child Welfare. 3 SCENES, 25 LINES, 3 SPEECHES

[ICE AGENT] 30 to 40 years old, white male. He seems perfectly fine on the outside, but there is definitely something a little menacing about this guy. He watches a mother and daughter in a pharmacy, and then questions them about their identity. 2 SCENES, 23 LINES

[TANNER] 20 to 40 years old, white male. Overzealous oil worker who considers himself a badass. A long-time resident of an industry man camp located on a reservation, Tanner has made himself an important cog in the local drug cartel. 1 SCENE, 12 LINES

[RYAN] 20 to 40 years old, white male. Hard-working and buff oil worker, but one of the good guys. Works on a reservation oil field but respects that he is a visitor to these lands and acts appropriately. 1 SCENE, 11 LINES

[POWWOW EMCEE] 40 to 60 years old, Indigenous male. Life of the party. He loves bringing people together at the local powwow with enthusiasm and wit. 1 SCENE, 5 SPEECHES

[CHAD] 20 to 35 years old, white male. Oil worker. The leader of his white-boy friend group. He is a fixture at the local strip club, where he fends off the pangs of his insecurities by tormenting the Indigenous women he pays for entertainment. 2 SCENES, 8 LINES.

[ELDER WOMAN] 60 to 80 years old, Indigenous female. Respected elder in her community. A language speaker and spiritual pillar who passes vital knowledge down the next generation. 1 SCENE, 5 LINES

[DERRICK] 20 to 40 years old, white male. Confident and surly. Thick arms from doing doorway pull-ups. An oil worker that gets his kicks by bullying those around him. 1 SCENE, 5 LINES.

[BRIAN] 20 to 40 years old, white male. oil worker. He frequents the local strip club, where he and his friends harass the dancers for fun. 2 SCENES, 2 LINES

[OKIE MAMA] 30 to 40 years old, white female. She shops, Mid-western mom. Shops at the mall in between her shifts at the local steakhouse. Gun owner and proud NRA supporter. 2 SCENES, 3 LINES

[FBI AGENT] 40 to 60 years old, white male. By-the-book do-gooder. He follows his protocol to a tee, even if that means sidestepping justice in the process. 1 SCENE, 3 LINES

[DINER SERVER] 50 to 70 years old, all ethnicities female. Jovial and jolly. Works the morning shift at the diner and loves interacting with her patrons. 1 SCENE, 4 LINES

[NIGHT MANAGER] 40 to 50 years old, white male. Tired and disgruntled. Works the night shift at a gas station and is particularly suspicious of his patrons. 1 SCENE, 1 SPEECH

[PHAYA] 18-25 years old, Indigenous female. Single mother. Raised on the reservation, Phaya moved to the big city to find more opportunities, instead, she fell in with the wrong crowd. 1 SCENE, 2 SPEECHES

According to cinemablend KOTFM will get a full theatrical release. I think the question how apple will handle the cinema/streaming thing came up here at one point.

Not only will this film get the film festival premiere treatment, but will acquire a theatrical release from Paramount who will also cover the marketing costs and get a distribution fee based on box office earnings. Considering Scorsese’s new movie will be hitting Apple TV+ streaming as well, this will be the first Apple TV+ original film to get a full theatrical release compared to it only being released in select theaters for award eligibility purposes.

Full article

26 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

According to cinemablend KOTFM will get a full theatrical release. I think the question how apple will handle the cinema/streaming thing came up here at one point.

Not only will this film get the film festival premiere treatment, but will acquire a theatrical release from Paramount who will also cover the marketing costs and get a distribution fee based on box office earnings. Considering Scorsese’s new movie will be hitting Apple TV+ streaming as well, this will be the first Apple TV+ original film to get a full theatrical release compared to it only being released in select theaters for award eligibility purposes.

Full article

Yeah, I'am here for it, a full theatrical release. 

Barbie  

As to KOTFM as Jeff said this morning the speculation that KOTFM would  be moved to 2033 was probably due to the below comment from director of Venice Film Festival 

But as of this morning no official word had come from Apple or Paramount

001D3B60-0E9A-4ADD-9825-0F98A9012D49.jpeg

On 3/11/2022 at 10:11 AM, oxford25 said:

More pix of Leo at Robin's party last night

2022-03-11 (9).png 2022-03-11 (10).png 2022-03-11 (11).png 2022-03-11 (12).png 2022-03-11 (13).png

Thanks to ALL for latest Leo related news, videos, and some wonderful visual eye candy :flower:

Here's hoping we get more great visuals of Leo on BAFTA red carpet this Sunday  :thumbsup:

2022-03-11 (15).png

On 3/11/2022 at 11:43 AM, oxford25 said:

More Robin party video

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca-VjqRgbDA/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca-WGf6AvRj/

Jade

Yes, he does look great in the clip :p 

On 3/11/2022 at 10:12 AM, Jade Bahr said:

Leo from the back.

Screenshot_20220311-190915_Instagram.thumb.jpg.eccb112a83f93de42ce213190de3deab.jpg

20220728_071314.thumb.jpg.7626a44bbe63890a258c1877a71ef766.jpg

Rumors or not. I don't think it would be such a bad idea to move it to 2023, to be honest even if their problem would be people's reactions to having to wait. 

Remember the old days when we had to wait and be happy? For everything. The movie. The soundtrack. Now it comes faster and we have gotten used to it and opinionated about it. The expectations are flying high. 

But everything good comes to those who wait. Or something. 🙃 

Paramount does come across as people that know what they are doing. I like them and that doesn't usually happen. 🙂

I think this lady got the best treat when Leo & Jamie went to lunch yesterday  :p 

2022-07-28.png

Sugarwater

That is my favorite pic from the group as well :) 

Also, earlier you had mentioned missing Leo in Oklahoma ; I think it would be great if they held a special premiere of KOTFM in Pawhuska area , so all the extras ,etc could attend 

9 hours ago, Mirella said:

20220728_071314.thumb.jpg.7626a44bbe63890a258c1877a71ef766.jpg

Rumors or not. I don't think it would be such a bad idea to move it to 2023, to be honest even if their problem would be people's reactions to having to wait. 

Remember the old days when we had to wait and be happy? For everything. The movie. The soundtrack. Now it comes faster and we have gotten used to it and opinionated about it. The expectations are flying high. 

But everything good comes to those who wait. Or something. 🙃 

Paramount does come across as people that know what they are doing. I like them and that doesn't usually happen. 🙂

It's funny that you would use the saying, "good things come to those who wait". I read an article yesterday by IndieWire and they too referred to that phrase whilst discussing Killers of a Flower Moon. The title of the article, The Award Season Has A Big Martin Scorsese-Shaped Hole In It, tickled me and conceivably resembles some of the fans' feelings about the film's release. Just to be fair, nothing definitive has been released about the film 🎥 outside of its production and more importantly here, about Leonardo. There's just been haze all about. It's probably safe to bet that DiCaprio possesses pull over his projects. And even safer to infer that his reoccurrences with Scorsese is strategy for creative autonomy. If the film was released this year, the accolades surely would be the same. DiCaprio's star power 🔌 is potent enough to dominate box office sensation, despite the subject matter. And by the film's extravagant budget, investors are presumably just as anxious for a sooner rather than later release. So what is the real hold up? Editing? Perhaps. Or could it be a hybrid of matters with editing only making up a fraction? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2022/07/killers-of-the-flower-moon-pushed-to-2023-leaves-awards-season-void-1234745784/amp/ 

31 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

It's funny that you would use the saying, "good things come to those who wait". I read an article yesterday by IndieWire and they too referred to that phrase whilst discussing Killers of a Flower Moon. The title of the article, The Award Season Has A Big Martin Scorsese-Shaped Hole In It, tickled me and conceivably resembles some of the fans' feelings about the film's release. Just to be fair, nothing definitive has been released about the film 🎥 outside of its production and more importantly here, about Leonardo. There's just been haze all about. It's probably safe to bet that DiCaprio possesses pull over his projects. And even safer to infer that his reoccurrences with Scorsese is strategy for creative autonomy. If the film was released this year, the accolades surely would be the same. DiCaprio's star power 🔌 is potent enough to dominate box office sensation, despite the subject matter. And by the film's extravagant budget, investors are presumably just as anxious for a sooner rather than later release. So what is the real hold up? Editing? Perhaps. Or could it be a hybrid of matters with editing only making up a fraction? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2022/07/killers-of-the-flower-moon-pushed-to-2023-leaves-awards-season-void-1234745784/amp/ 

The real hold-up with these people? Probably just that they can't make up their mind. 🙂 If you go on that Leo fits right in the group. 🙃 I say it with love. I like Paramount. 

I don't think they can get it wrong to be honest but didn't Once upon a time in Hollywood feel like a one-year party? If we exclude a sad Leo staring into the unknown during all the interviews. Why wouldn't you want that? 

The other alternative would be short and sweet I guess. Always something. It never crossed my mind that they are in for anything else than success so either way would go fine. 

2 minutes ago, Mirella said:

The real hold-up with these people? Probably just that they can't make up their mind. 🙂 If you go on that Leo fits right in the group. 🙃 I say it with love. I like Paramount. 

I don't think they can get it wrong to be honest but didn't Once upon a time in Hollywood feel like a one-year party? If we exclude a sad Leo staring into the unknown during all the interviews. Why wouldn't you want that? 

The other alternative would be short and sweet I guess. Always something. It never crossed my mind that they are in for anything else than success so either way would go fine. 

Leonardo is particular, that's true. But you might have to dumb down your explanation for me, I've been spiking my herbal tea 😬. I really expected him to go down to Oklahoma in May and truth be told periodically through the film's post-production. The counter-argument would be, "he was passionate about Wolf and The Aviator and partied heartily, and mostly stayed away when he wasn't due to work", but this project is a bit different and it ties into other interests of his so???? Something is a bit off with his behaviour to me and I think he's staying out of the States on purpose. That's just me. 

(Quick note: If I don't respond right away, it's bc I gotta get in the shower, I'm running late. In addition, I gotta get all my paperwork together for my trip to the DMV tomorrow. Yes. 🙄. Not to bore you with my procrastination and duties! Just saying.)