Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

^Speaking of Leo and his movies. People on the major movie boards still think Leo is in the oscar race.

733761620_Screenshot2022-01-27at12-07-41Oscars2022PredictionsBestActor(Part11).thumb.png.1c7ecfb5f4bb974fa6fe92bff2f0670a.png625412107_Screenshot2022-01-27at12-08-00Oscars2022PredictionsBestActor(Part11).thumb.png.c4f00402111aeca72d5340e4be26d067.png

Will the 2022 Best Actor Oscars race be a rerun of 2020?

21-DiCaprio-Driver-Phoenix.jpg?w=620&h=3

In 2020, Joaquin Phoenix (“Joker”) won Best Actor from a lineup of five contenders in which he ranked in the middle, age-wise. At 45, he defeated two older competitors [Jonathan Pryce (72, “The Two Popes”) and Antonio Banderas (59, “Pain and Glory”)]  and two younger ones [Adam Driver (36, “Marriage Story”) and Leonardo DiCaprio (45, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”)]. Two years later, Phoenix could face off once again against those two junior contenders.

Of these three, DiCaprio stands the best chance of making it into the upcoming lead male lineup, as he currently ranks seventh by our odds. He is looking to earn his seventh acting nomination for “Don’t Look Up.” In this deft satie his character, Dr. Randall Mindy, attempts to use his influence as an astronomer to alert mankind about a comet’s impending collision with Earth. Prior to his 2020 bid, DiCaprio competed as the star of “The Aviator” (2005), “Blood Diamond” (2007), and “The Wolf of Wall Street” (2014) before prevailing for “The Revenant” in 2016. His first career nomination came in 1994 for his supporting turn in “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.”

Currently in 13th place is Phoenix, who is attracting buzz for his performance as a traveling interviewer of children in “C’mon C’mon.” This would be his fourth bid in this category following his first outing as a supporting player in “Gladiator” (2001). His first two lead nominations came for “Walk the Line” in 2006 and “The Master” in 2013. Earning a fifth nomination would make him the 30th man to hit that number and the 13th youngest to do so after Marlon Brando (33), Jack Nicholson (38), Al Pacino (39), Peter O’Toole (40), DiCaprio (41), Richard Burton (41), Paul Muni (42), Tom Hanks (44), Arthur Kennedy (45), Dustin Hoffman (45), Gregory Peck (46), and Denzel Washington (47).

Running in 14th place is Driver, whose first shot at Oscar gold came just three years ago for his featured role in “BlacKkKlansman.” While his portrayal of ill-fated businessman Maurizio Gucci in “House of Gucci” gives him his best shot at a nomination, it is only part of his eclectic 2021 body of work. As the star of the musical “Annette” and the medieval drama “The Last Duel,” he also respectively takes up the 20th and 34th slots in our ranking. If he succeeds in securing a spot in the final five, he will be the 25th man to receive three acting nominations before the age of 40. The most recent entrants on that list were DiCaprio in 2007 and Phoenix in 2013.

The five actors currently leading our Best Actor race are Will Smith (“King Richard”), Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Power of the Dog”), Andrew Garfield (“tick, tick… BOOM!”), Washington (“The Tragedy of Macbeth”), and Peter Dinklage (“Cyrano”).

In sixth place between Dinklage and DiCaprio is Javier Bardem (“Being the Ricardos”), while those running between DiCaprio and Phoenix are Nicolas Cage (“Pig,” eighth), Bradley Cooper (“Nightmare Alley,” ninth), Simon Rex (“Red Rocket,” 10th), Timothée Chalamet (“Dune,” 11th), and Clifton Collins Jr. (“Jockey,” 12th).

Source

^

Cate Blanchett and Leonardo DiCaprio Near Oscar Records for Roles in Best Picture Nominees

The best picture prize is what every studio and filmmaker covets, whether they publicly admit it or not. But, of course, it would help if you had the star power to make it happen. Oscar winners Leonardo DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett both have proven that they have said star power with the amount of best picture nominees (and winners) they’ve appeared in over their careers. With DiCaprio starring in “Don’t Look Up” alongside Blanchett, who is co-starring in another awards vehicle, “Nightmare Alley,” both stand a solid chance of getting close to — or possibly breaking — a record.

This year, Blanchett’s double feature outings could have her breaking a significant record for female actors. The two-time Oscar-winning actress currently has had a role in seven former Academy nominees: “Elizabeth” (1998), “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy (2001, 2002, 2003), “The Aviator” (2004), “Babel” (2006) and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (2008). She’s currently tied with eight other women who have the same distinction: Beulah Bondi, Gladys Cooper, Bette Davis, Katharine Hepburn, Deborah Kerr, Elsa Lanchester, Meryl Streep and Elizabeth Taylor. Only “Gone with the Wind” star Olivia de Havilland has more credited roles with eight. With two shots at the goal this year — Adam McKay’s “Don’t Look Up” and Guillermo del Toro’s “Nightmare Alley” — she could either tie or surpass de Havilland’s long-held record, thus making Oscars history.

A fun fact to recall is her “Don’t Look Up” co-star DiCaprio was once attached to “Nightmare Alley” before dropping out and being replaced by actor and producer Bradley Cooper. So essentially, we could have had two Leo-Cate vehicles this year. McKay’s satirical comedy marks their second outing following Martin Scorsese’s “The Aviator,” which Blanchett won supporting actress for playing, coincidentally, Katharine Hepburn. DiCaprio was also nominated and would ultimately win for the revenge-thriller “The Revenant” (2015), the same year Blanchett was nominated again for “Carol,” which was snubbed for best picture and would have tied the record she now seeks.

d93b7bdcb2954fb57031d140cb2081f6

DiCaprio has appeared in nine nominees, the same number as Gary Cooper, Tom Hanks, William Holden and Spencer Tracy. Despite the critical divide for the Netflix feature from co-writer and director Adam McKay, it’s performed very well on the awards circuit, with nods at the Screen Actors Guild and Critics Choice Awards in the top categories. If the film receives a nomination for best picture, DiCaprio will tie three-time Oscar-winner Jack Nicholson, who’s appeared in 10 best picture nominees. He’ll only be second to two-time Oscar-winner Robert De Niro, who holds the record with 11 films, beginning with “The Godfather Part II” (1974) up to “The Irishman” and “Joker” (2019).

What’s most interesting about these two climbing the charts is that their future slates with acclaimed filmmakers will likely continue the trend over the next few years.

DiCaprio is re-teaming with Scorsese on two of his upcoming projects, “The Killers of the Flower Moon” for Apple Original Films and “Roosevelt” for Paramount Pictures. In addition, Blanchett has a lot on her plate with upcoming roles in Pedro Almodóvar’s “A Manual for Cleaning Women,” his first English-language feature, which she will also produce. She’ll also appear in “TÁR” from Todd Field, “Pinocchio” from Guillermo del Toro and “Borderlands” from Eli Roth, with another possible project in the works, Francis Ford Coppola’s “Megalopolis,” which she’s been rumored to be circling alongside Oscar Isaac and Zendaya.

It’s important to note that many of these long-held records are based on technicalities dealing with acting credits during the golden age of Hollywood. Bess Flowers and Ward Bond technically appeared in more Oscar nominees with 23 and 13 films, respectively. In the case of Flowers, all her appearances were uncredited, while Bond has five that didn’t bear his name.

For best picture winners, the classic vaudevillian actor Franklyn Farnum, who appeared in over 1,000 films, holds the record for appearing in seven of the Academy’s top picks: “The Life of Emile Zola” (1937), “Going My Way” (1944), “The Lost Weekend” (1945), “Gentleman’s Agreement” (1947), “All About Eve” (1950), “The Greatest Show on Earth” (1952) and “Around the World in 80 Days” (1956).

We’ll see if the Blanchett and DiCaprio awards momentum can continue. Oscars voting opens on Thursday.

Source

Congratulations to DLU on today's PGA nod :clap: :clap: 

Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures

Being the Ricardos
Producer: Todd Black, p.g.a.

Belfast
Producers: Laura Berwick, Kenneth Branagh, Becca Kovacik, Tamar Thomas

CODA
Producers: Philippe Rousselet, p.g.a., Fabrice Gianfermi, p.g.a., Patrick Wachsberger, p.g.a.

Don’t Look Up
Producers: Adam McKay, p.g.a., Kevin Messick, p.g.a.

Dune
Producers: Mary Parent, p.g.a., Cale Boyter, p.g.a., Denis Villeneuve, p.g.a.

King Richard
Producers: Tim White, p.g.a., Trevor White, p.g.a., Will Smith, p.g.a.

Licorice Pizza
Producers: Sara Murphy, Paul Thomas Anderson, Adam Somner

The Power of the Dog
Producers: Jane Campion, p.g.a., Tanya Seghatchian, p.g.a., Emile Sherman, p.g.a. & Iain Canning, p.g.a., Roger Frappier, p.g.a.

tick, tick…BOOM!
Producers: Julie Oh, p.g.a., Lin-Manuel Miranda, p.g.a.

West Side Story
Producers: Steven Spielberg, p.g.a., Kristie Macosko Krie

THANKS TO ALL FOR LATEST LEO RELATED NEWS/VIDS/ETC  :flower: :flower: :flower: 

Congrats to DLU for being one of the five ACE/editing nominees :clap: :clap: 

Those five films will compete in the Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) category, while the field in Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy) will consist of “Cruella,” “Don’t Look Up,” “The French Dispatch,” “Licorice Pizza” and “tick, tick…BOOM!”

Congrats to DLU for Original WGA nod :clap: :clap: 

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

Being the Ricardos, Written by Aaron Sorkin; Amazon Studios

Don’t Look Up, Screenplay by Adam McKay, Story by Adam McKay & David Sirota; Netflix

The French Dispatch of the Liberty, Kansas Evening Sun, Screenplay by Wes Anderson, Story by Wes Anderson & Roman Coppola & Hugo Guinness & Jason Schwartzman; Searchlight Pictures

King Richard, Written by Zach Baylin; Warner Bros. Pictures

Licorice Pizza, Written by Paul Thomas Anderson; United Artists

3 hours ago, Magical said:

Back to his real estate 😉

I have feelings that these pics aren't  new 😂 I don't know 🙃🤐

https://www.laineygossip.com/leonardo-dicaprio-and-camila-morrone-host-friends-at-his-new-place-in-malibu/70239

OF COURSE Lainey didn't liked DLU, what a surprise...    :cain:

And I agree, I don't think this pics are new. 

Singer Diana Vickers about her "night alone with Leo" LOL

full_diana_vickers_259492266-gthumb-gwda

X Factor star Diana Vickers' transformation and night alone with Leonardo DiCaprio

(...) Diana started rubbing shoulders with Hollywood A-listers - even spending a night alone with Leonardo DiCaprio.

In an episode of Celebrity Karaoke Club in October 2020, Diana spilled all on her cosy evening with the Titanic heartthrob.

However, her fellow contestants were shocked to discover that absolutely nothing happened between them and they simply "watched the telly".

Diana said: "I have a lot of stories but I'm just going to say one. The best one - I've been on a night out with Leonardo DiCaprio. That's my best one.

"I was more like hanging out with his friends and then I got a message being like 'oh come back, Leo, he's having a vibe' and I thought it was going to be all Wolf Of Wall Street, like a massive thing. And I got back there and it was [just the two of us].

"It was very chilled and we just ended up watching telly!" (...)

Source

Leo and Melanie Lynskey finally swooning over each other and I love it 😍 (that's why I colored their parts blue) The nuts part is killing me :rofl:

bhvfxyno8i881.jpg?auto=webp&s=082308cef8

How Don’t Look Up Assembled Its Insanely Starry Cast

Leonardo DiCaprio and co. speak with Awards Insider about making one of the most A-list movies ever.

Before the world knew that two of the biggest movie stars in the world would be toplining Netflix’s Don’t Look Up, one less-well-known actor had already gone through the script and was preparing to bring his character to life. “I saw with everybody else that Jennifer Lawrence came on board,” recalls Rob Morgan, who plays Dr. Teddy Oglethorpe in Adam McKay’s polemical tragi-satire. “Next thing you know, Leo comes on board. And when Leo comes on board, the domino chips start falling down. Everybody came on.”

“Everybody” isn’t much of an exaggeration. Don’t Look Up features one of the starriest casts ever assembled for the big screen—a SAG Award–nominated ensemble that has, in total, won eight Oscars out of 43 nominations. Icons ranging from Meryl Streep to Cate Blanchett to Mark Rylance reveal bitingly funny new shades in supporting turns, alongside comic heavyweights like Tyler Perry and Jonah Hill. But for the three lead characters—scientists who band together to convince the White House, then the U.S. as a whole, to stop a comet from ending life on Earth as we know it—the vision was always clear: “It was Leo, Jen, and Rob,” says casting director Francine Maisler.

There’s an alchemy to the cast of Don’t Look Up that feels fresher and stranger than it might have been in less-skilled hands. “It brought together such a unique group of people that was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” star Leonardo DiCaprio tells me.

Maisler, who also cast this season’s Dune and Being the Ricardos, has worked with McKay since The Big Short and was Emmy-nominated for Succession. They’ve developed “an ease with each other” while collaborating on projects of increasingly large scale—and possibility. They banter; they might disagree. But in it, they find a balance. “He makes me better at what I do,” Maisler says. “And I think I put some ideas in his head to let him go and really explore.”

Thanks to The Big Short and Vice, McKay had developed a reputation for directing awards-contending, actor-friendly, widely popular projects of a political bent. Don’t Look Up has not only been the biggest example yet, but one with a real, clear warning about climate change that folks with platforms wanted to help spread. Lawrence signed on first. DiCaprio, a longtime climate-change policy activist, followed. “It took time for Leo to say yes to the movie,” Maisler says. “It was over months and months that he and Adam sat down and talked about the character.” 

“I really wanted to emulate the frustrations of the scientific community, especially scientists that have felt pushed aside and marginalized and have tried to convey the science and the truth about the time frame that we have to solve this crisis,” DiCaprio says of how he shaped the role of schlubby Dr. Mindy. “[Adam] was incredibly open to all kinds of ideas, which is an amazing way to enter a project.”

Maisler and McKay continued the casting process before DiCaprio was locked, fielding interest from a variety of A-listers. “All of these actors, once they read the script, were just like, ‘I want to do the role,’” Maisler says. “I like to kid that Meryl auditioned, but I’m not finding a way in for that joke.”

Ultimately, per Maisler, she and McKay embraced the flood for two reasons: “These people wanted to be part of it and have their voices heard for this important topic. And we really wanted to get the biggest audience we possibly could.” (It didn’t hurt that some of the best actors in the world were asking to play a few scenes, either.) But there were discussions about whether the cast might have ballooned to too many people. “It just kept getting bigger and bigger,” Maisler admits. 

vf-122-adam-mckay-005.png

Great stuff came of that trend, certainly. Timothée Chalamet proved hilarious as a burnout love interest to Lawrence, then touching as his character revealed a surprising spiritual depth. Mark Rylance was unrecognizable (and terrifying) as an Elon Musk–esque tech billionaire. (“We wanted somebody who was going to create a character, and he can do anything,” Maisler says.)

But yeah, it’s a lot. The sheer volume led to a focus on pivotal roles that could be occupied by a different class of great actors—those able to walk into a coffee shop with a little less fuss. Maisler points, first and foremost, to the casting of Melanie Lynskey as June, Dr. Mindy’s wife. “For me, it was so important that the actress be around Leo’s age, and that you first think she’s a bit submissive and just the wife, but then she is the one to put Leo’s character in his place,” she says. “Melanie’s one of our best. I know that there are so many stars in this, but Melanie’s a star to me because of how her talent is equal to anyone in this. She’s as good as them.”

Lynskey, who also drew acclaim recently for her lead role in Yellowjackets, was offered the role and quickly accepted. She has as much screen time as some of her more famous costars, and plays a clear arc as Mindy leaves her behind while pursuing improbable fame, only to return home and face her as the world truly gears up for its ending. “After I said yes, I had a phone call with Adam and it was really lovely—he took 35 minutes to talk to me and give me my character’s whole backstory,” she tells me. “There were certainly bigger parts being played by fancier people. And it just really moved me and made me feel really nice that he took that time with me.”

Several ingenious actor pairings elevate Don’t Look Up: DiCaprio and Lawrence; Streep and Hill as a bizarre mother-and-son-slash-president-and-chief-of-staff; Blanchett and Perry as nightmarishly optimistic cable-news hosts; Ariana Grande and Kid Cudi as a vapid-ish pop-star couple. The nuanced, finally wrenching two-hander between DiCaprio and Lynskey grounds the film, though, and steers it toward a powerful climax. “She’s just a fantastic, fantastic actress, and everything that comes out of her mouth is so truthful,” DiCaprio says of Lynskey, before pointing to the scene where she catches him mid-affair with Blanchett’s character: “She just broke my heart.”

“I was very surprised at how normal he was—I thought he’s just been so famous for so long, he’s never had a break of not being famous,” Lynskey says with a laugh of DiCaprio. “On my coverage, when they turned around on me, he full-tears cried and gave the exact same performance—which doesn’t always happen. Sometimes people just conserve their energy and don’t give as much. It was really incredible to see how much he was giving for me, like, ‘Hit me with a pill bottle, try to get me in the nuts.’ I was like, ‘I don’t think I’m going to do that.’”

DiCaprio gives an against-type performance as a quiet Midwesterner balancing his rage over comet-crisis denial with his affection for the spotlight. One Howard Beale-esque monologue near the end of the film ranks among his finest onscreen explosions. “It so contrasts with everything else he’s done,” Maisler says. 

That goes for a few cast members. “I used to say, when Trump was the president, ‘Well, man, I can cast anybody for the president now.’” Maisler cracks. And indeed, Streep’s absurdist spin on a Trumpian commander in chief is a far cry from what the three-time Oscar winner is best known for. But she’s funny! And in Oval Office scenes best described as an improv-acting clinic—Streep, DiCaprio, Lawrence, Morgan, Hill, and others endlessly volleying back and forth—Streep commanded the room for her costars. 

“Just to see how wonderful of a person she is and how giving she is and how open she is, and playful and sharp and on it, was very inspiring,” says Morgan. Morgan asked the Oscar winner for advice on sustaining such an illustrious, lengthy career. “She was like, ‘I swim a mile a day,’” he recalls with a chuckle. 

Adds DiCaprio: “As we know, she’s Meryl Streep. It’s hard not to expect that kind of greatness. But it was pretty phenomenal to watch.”

Morgan, who first came on McKay’s radar after he was cast in McKay’s upcoming HBO Lakers series Winning Time, actually gets emotional thinking back to those scenes—when he held his own against the very stars who were once a big screen away from his world. But so it goes with Don’t Look Up, which leaves room for folks like Morgan, Lynskey, and others to steal scenes right alongside some of the most famous people in the world. 

“How can you describe the feeling of sitting on your couch, eating a chicken patty and coco bread, dreaming about being able to one day be accepted in the room with the greats—and then getting to that place?” Morgan asks. “How wild and crazy and beautiful and human it was—it was just magical to be a part of.”

Source

I'm refusing to make a joke about the importance to find Leo a woman actress around his own age.

Leo probably

wtf_talking_about_wolf_of_wallstreet.gif

the world 100%

benedict-cumberbatch-oh.gif

Aflo this morning  has a lot more  of the Malibu beach pix, so either they are new   OR Aflo is just now posting them

Tks for previous pix link, Magical :) 

The woman with long hair that Leo is talking to reminds me of Milano's mom Evet Sanchez  who is ,also, Leo's stylist  :idk: 

2022-01-28 (2).png 2022-01-28 (4).png

Jade

Tks for article with Leo and Melanie's comments about working together :) 

All this awards talk...

Looks like our guy is in the same place as he was in 2020. We can see glimpses of him and Gisele in the beginning...

Here's the 2005 GG's just for the hell of it. Happy Weekend. Forgive me for duplicates. Us Leonardoites run the world!!! 

3 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

All this awards talk...

Looks like our guy is in the same place as he was in 2020. We can see glimpses of him and Gisele in the beginning...

Here's the 2005 GG's just for the hell of it. Happy Weekend. Forgive me for duplicates. Us Leonardoites run the world!!! 

That oscars  was so amazing.  All movie stars were there 😍🤩 Now it's so boring ceremony!

@Magical...yeah. I'm not an award 🏆 ceremony gal myself. Let's see in '05 I was nearly 16 and totally detached, not that you asked 😶.

Anyway, correction, "here's the Screen Actors Guild Awards" 😬. I just wanted to see if y'all was paying attention 😐

So...here's a pic I like ❤️...😓

Screenshot_20220128-153659~2.png