Bellazon

Football

goose

I just finished watching the 1st half of the Bergkamp testimonial match. Ajax was matched by Arsenal reserves :shock: Some not-too-bad performances from Arsenal though, but Ajax were quite disappointing.

Henk Ten Cate obviously has a lot of work to do for Ajax. He's played a more typical Dutch 4-3-3, but you can see he's very influenced by Rijkaard's work at Barca. The ball is being played along the back a lot but the tempo is still too slow and the team doesn't look like it really knows what its doing. The forwards, midfield and backline hardly play as a unit.

The only notable performance was made by Huntelaar. He's not too bad and got a few chances, but only stuck one away. Impressed by his commitment to come back as well.

As for Maduro, I'm not sure if the problem is how Ten Cate uses him, but he didn't perform. He was never comfortable on the ball and his distribution was negative more often than not. He has potential but he needs to be used in a more appropriate manner if they want to see the best of him.

Wasn't the real Ajax yet. Certainly in midfield. Vertonghen and De Mul aren't usually first team players.

it was more demonstration match i don't think any of the teams showed their real power

True, but the Ajax first team was matched by a reserve team :o That r0x mah s0x! :chicken:

You'd at least expect their experience and a bit of class to show through. That didn't happen at all :no:

Wasn't the real Ajax yet. Certainly in midfield. Vertonghen and De Mul aren't usually first team players.

I was wondering about a few names. I'll be watching out of Ajax at the start of the season though to see if anything has really changed. Afterall, they are still playing a 4-3-3 so I didn't expect such a bad performance.

The second half was a total change though. Some good stuff on displa albeit slower than usual.

Albertini's testimonial was a lot better! :yes:

My Dream XI is:

-------------Schmeichel-------------

Cafu----Baresi----Nesta----Maldini

--Beckham--Redondo---Nedved--

---------------Baggio----------------

----Van Basten-----Signori---------

cool! :thumbsup:

but why Beckham and not any other right winger?

Beckham sucks <_<

unless there's something you like about him that you're not telling us :whistle:

but why Beckham and not any other right winger?

Beckham sucks <_<

unless there's something you like about him that you're not telling us :whistle:

:rofl:

I have just always respected him, and when he was on Man U, Man U was probally my favorite English team, but than SAF went on a power trip :whistle:

What's your dream XI?

Dream XI means I can pick any player, living or dead to be on my team? :evil:

Here's mine:

--------------------------------------Lev Yashin--------------------------------------------

-----Thuram-------------Passarella----------Beckenbauer-----------Paolo Maldini----------

------------------------------------Rijkaard---------------------------------------------------

--------Best-------------------Cruijff----------------------------Garrincha---

----------------------------Pele-------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------Van Basten-------------------------

I think they could give anyone a run for their money. :whistle:

Mine's much more typical and "classic", I guess.

Schmeichel

Beckenbauer-------Baresi-------Passarella

Redondo--------Neeskens

Garrincha--------Cruijff---------Zidane

Di Stefano---------Maradona

Bench: Yashin, Socrates, Pele, Zico, van Basten, Rijkaard, Michael Laudrup

It's so hard to pick with so many great players. Zico and Laudrup were dropped for the sake of having a functional team. I'd put Maldini at LCB if he was retired.

2 playmakers is hard to play, but with the right system it can work. I had to leave Zico and Laudrup out because otherwise I'd have too many. However, Zidane played left mid for Real and we all know Maradonna was better than Pele :whistle:

Pele gets minus points for his erection problems :laugh:

2 playmakers is hard to play, but with the right system it can work. I had to leave Zico and Laudrup out because otherwise I'd have too many. However, Zidane played left mid for Real and we all know Maradonna was better than Pele :whistle:

Pele gets minus points for his erection problems :laugh:

The young Pele played as a shadow striker (the position I have given him in my dream team).

The young Pele played as a shadow striker (the position I have given him in my dream team).

:lost: you've lost me...

you'll have to explain what you mean. It's 5:20am over here :|

A shadow striker is a position where a player plays a role that is something in between a number 11 and a number 10. Dennis Bergkamp is a good example of a shadow striker.