Bellazon

Football

goose

well. he only had two games ahead of him so i woudln't have envisaged him being tired :/

apparently Sven isn't worried about Owen and is fairly confident that he'll be fit :) although, i personally don't really rate Owen that highly :ninja:

You don't? He's barely 25 and he's already the 4th highest scoring player in the history of the English NT. What is it, 35 goals? He might even challenge Charlton's record.

when you consider the number of matches they play now though, compared to how many they played in the past :whistle: England have far more friendlies now and the tournaments are bigger.

i'm not taking anything away from Owen but it was harder to get that number of goals then opposed to now :idk:

True, but I disagree with your assesment's of Owen's technical ability. I think he has an above average functional technique. What I mean by that is that he has a decent amount of skills and (unlike a lot of other players) is aware of his limitations and never tries anything that is above his reach.

The only part of Rooneys game I would rate higher than any of Owen's is his shot. Especially mid to long range.

True, but I disagree with your assesment's of Owen's technical ability. I think he has an above average functional technique. What I mean by that is that he has a decent amount of skills and (unlike a lot of other players) is aware of his limitations and never tries anything that is above his reach.

The only part of Rooneys game I would rate higher than any of Owen's is his shot. Especially mid to long range.

Owen only real quality is his pace. he has no skill or strength to go past defenders :idk:

omg, have you watched Rooney recently? :blink: he whoops Owen totally in the creativity stakes. he is hard working, he has skill, strength and pace (admittedly not as much as Owen). if it weren't for Rooney this season, i don't think that Man Utd would be nowhere near second place :) admittedly, Rooney does have problems with his temperament at times but he is just :o i would pick Rooney ahead of Owen every time. :yes:

Owen only real quality is his pace. he has no skill or strength to go past defenders :idk:

omg, have you watched Rooney recently? :blink: he whoops Owen totally in the creativity stakes. he is hard working, he has skill, strength and pace (admittedly not as much as Owen). if it weren't for Rooney this season, i don't think that Man Utd would be nowhere near second place :) admittedly, Rooney does have problems with his temperament at times but he is just :o i would pick Rooney ahead of Owen every time. :yes:

I disagree. Owen has a decent dribble, a good shot, good awareness. A lot of the same qualities of Rooney.

I very much doubt if Rooney will have 35 England goals in 6 years time.

Rooney is a more complete player than Owen, but you also need that goal poacher on your team, who will pick up the scraps and score those goals :)

I think they complement each other well :thumbsup: the only problem I could see is there lack of height <_<

I disagree. Owen has a decent dribble, a good shot, good awareness. A lot of the same qualities of Rooney.

Rooney has a better dribble than Owen though, and I think Rooney will surpass Owen :)

Rooney plays more as a number 10 sitting behind the lead striker. what he lacks in goals he more than makes up for in assists and the creativity and passion he brings to the national team.

Rooney is a more complete player than Owen, but you also need that goal poacher on your team, who will pick up the scraps and score those goals :)

I think they complement each other well :thumbsup: the only problem I could see is there lack of height <_<

i think that they do well together too :)

we have Crouch for height :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sven will just bring him on at the end to stir it up a bit like he did against Argentina :laugh:

yay! Ledley King has signed a 4 year contract extension :clap: :ddr:

That's good news for Tottenham :)

but according to reports in Italy today it looks like Zebina is heading to Spurs :whistle:

where does he play? if right back it prob won't happen 'cos Spurs have apparently lined up a move for Chimbonda :) there's been loads of Spurs speculation today :laugh:

any idea who AC are gonna try and get in the Summer?

but according to reports in Italy today it looks like Zebina is heading to Spurs :whistle:

where does he play? if right back it prob won't happen 'cos Spurs have apparently lined up a move for Chimbonda :) there's been loads of Spurs speculation today :laugh:

Zebina is a right back :) Is Chimbonda good?

Milan have recentlly been linked with Gallas, Marquez, Favalli, and Clerc but Oddo is still my #1 choice :)

They've even been linked with Buffon, but I don't think that will happen :(

Zebina is a right back :) Is Chimbonda good?

Milan have recentlly been linked with Gallas, Marquez, Favalli, and Clerc but Oddo is still my #1 choice :)

They've even been linked with Buffon, but I don't think that will happen :(

Chimbonda was picked as the right back in the Premiership Team of the Year :idk: my brother says that he's good but i know little of him

you'd probably have a good chance with Gallas :whistle:

Buffon? :blink: :laugh: