Bellazon

Football

goose

West Ham-Sunderland has a multi red card vibe about it to me. 

But Di Canio is not there anymore :p  ............ just kidding, I think I know what you mean.

---

Just in case anybody likes cases of bad seasons or implosions follow my fave team and also the my 'second' team. Milan and PSV :(

Ribery,Ronaldo and Messi are up to the best player in the world prize.

I choose Ronaldo though I like Messi alot.

Agreed. I don't think anyone has played as good as Ronaldo has this year. Unfortunately there are so many people who would disagree, even though his record says it all.

Only Arsenal fans could take this much doom and gloom out of three defeats in thirty games, and qualification from an extremely difficult group that they didn't expect to have a prayer in. They may not welcome the prospect of being paired with Barca or Bayern in the knockout stages, but unless I'm very much mistaken, playing against Europe's best is kind of what happens in the Champions League.

Also, 'could they do it on a cold, wet, snowy Wednesday afternoon in Istanbul?' is the new 'could they do it on a wet Tuesday evening at Stoke?'. :laugh:

Ribery,Ronaldo and Messi are up to the best player in the world prize.

I choose Ronaldo though I like Messi alot.

Agreed. I don't think anyone has played as good as Ronaldo has this year. Unfortunately there are so many people who would disagree, even though his record says it all.

The extension of the voting deadline will have undoubtedly put Ronaldo firmly in the driving seat, but I wouldn't rule out Ribery as a contender. There’s something of a precedent for the most successful team's perceived star player winning the Ballon, and Bayern have, of course, won the most significant trophy of the year. Take Fabio Cannavaro for instance - he was always a ridiculously good player, but he never came close to it before captaining the World Cup winning Italian side in 2006, and never came close to it afterwards.

Chumps League Draw

Man City vs Barcelona

Olympiakos vs Man Utd

Milan vs Athletico Madrid

Bayer Leverkusen vs PSG

Galatasaray vs Chelsea

Schalke vs Real Madrid

Zenit St Petersburg vs Borussia Dortmund

Arsenal vs Bayern Munchkins

Zenit only scraped through with six points from six games, we should be strong enough to deal them a bloody nose.

Chumps League Draw

Man City vs Barcelona

Olympiakos vs Man Utd

Bayer Leverkusen vs PSG

Galatasaray vs Chelsea

Schalke vs Real Madrid

Zenit only scraped through with six points from six games, we should be strong enough to deal them a bloody nose.

I'm in favour of Manure getting a bye until the quarterfinals. Why does UEFA even try to pretend this thing is not rigged?

AV-Be seeing ya.

So Spuds have sacked their most successful manager (in terms of win percentage) of the premier league era.

When it comes to shooting themselves in the foot, Spurs are a club like no other. Without wishing to over-indulge in dreary discussions about net spends, three of the four teams who finished above them last year strengthened significantly, without losing any of their perceived star players. Spurs had to spend big just to stand still, and even now find themselves only five points below the top four (I say 'only' because I'm rationalising being 'only' five adrift of West Ham :pinch:), having also steamrollered through their Europa group. If anything, I'd say AVB was overachieving.

Whoever comes in might as well just move into a hotel, that way they can clear out quicker when the chop comes.

Chumps League Draw

Man City vs Barcelona

Olympiakos vs Man Utd

Bayer Leverkusen vs PSG

Galatasaray vs Chelsea

Schalke vs Real Madrid

I'm favor of Manure getting a bye until the quarterfinals. Why does UEFA even try to pretend this thing is not rigged?

A very favourable draw for Moyes, but one that will probably just delay the inevitable. United would struggle against any of the likely winners from the other pairings. Should be some cracking fixtures to watch there, though.